Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Attribute Removal Stones

The Idea

Increase the the chance to find attribute (phys/coord/rea/will/inst/vit) removal stones while harvesting

Why?

Since the attribute caps there have been increasing amounts of diversification in pickpoint allocation and more and more people(pk'ers/harvesters/mixers etc) exploring with new setups. Not only that, but people trying to change 'class' ie: from fighter-> mage often leads to significant amounts of stones being consumed.This has lead to a large demand in these particular stones, shown by how the prices have generally increased and how difficult it is to find a seller.

SO, if the rate of finding them was increased i would expect...

1 Less people to moan when radu wants to make a change to the game concerning attributes, whether its about classes or w/e, because we will be less concerned how many 100's of kgc it will cost us in rearranging our attributes and give less reason for people who are high oa to reset (which is painful just to think about since it can take hundreds if not thousands of hours of work in some cases to get such impressive lvl's).

2Harvesters not to be affected/effected(can never remember which one) because if the chance to find a stone and price changes are balanced, then you will still have worthwhile lucky finds :)

3 (a)This is a game in BETA, and changes are probable(!), (b)ALSO we play this game for enjoyment, combine the two and you will get the solution: Allow us to adapt to the changes without too much hassle. And what better way to do this than the way that is being suggested?

Increasing the rate

Well figuring out how much the rate must be increased by?...Well looking at the goal of this thread, I would hope to see these stones going for as little as 1-2k(up for debate i suppose), allowing any hard worker to afford them without much difficulty.

A key aspect is to ensure hoarders don't simply buy large quantities of the cheap stones and then 'wait' for the price to rise, like we see with so many rare items in-game. It's important that it's clear that the finding rate WONT go back down to what it is now otherwise the 'hoarders' will simply mess this idea up. If the rate is to be increased, then it must stay increased!

Well that is the suggestion, i would appreciate if you could keep the short replys along the lines of "yea that a nice idea" or "omg that suXors!11!!" otherwise it it easy to get side-tracked which so often happens in other threads :\

Gerbil^^

yea increasing the finding rate would be good.

I had to spend 300kgc last 2 days just to relocate 8pps .

Maybe the extra stones rate could be added from monster (ie clops/fluffy/feros/chims drops), no need to make harvesters more rich :)

well i like this idea but i think that's kinda sucky because it would make the #reset command mostly unused. people can just buy stones for 1-5kgc and rearrange all their attributes.

and IF ent feels like doing this i would suggest putting it to monster drops additionally, cause fluffy/feros/clops drop the worst shit atm.

Yes, I think it would be good to let the lower level monsters drop some of those stones. I'm also thinking about gargs and (unarmed) orcs.

Yes, I think it would be good to let the lower level monsters drop some of those stones. I'm also thinking about gargs and (unarmed) orcs.

Unarmed orcs drops loads of stuff. Fluff/feros/cyclops have very scarce drops, they need some adjustment more.

Unarmed orcs drops loads of stuff. Fluff/feros/cyclops have very scarce drops, they need some adjustment more.

Yeah but most stuff is crap anyway. No one need wooden shields and pickaxes. They can be pretty rare ofcourse ;)

Yeah but most stuff is crap anyway. No one need wooden shields and pickaxes. They can be pretty rare ofcourse ;)

You can at least sell them, while when you get nothing, you cannot sell it, right? I remember being 3 hours on cyclops and I got only few gold coins in total. Orcs drop far more frequent, trust me on this...

well those removals won't damage the economy since they just switch money between players.

so i don't see a reason to not help those cyclops trainers who get the worst drops of all EL ;)

EDIT: i think fluffy/feros would end up like NMTs cause people kinda harvest them, while cyclops only a very very few people train

Edited by Tempest

well i like this idea but i think that's kinda sucky because it would make the #reset command mostly unused. people can just buy stones for 1-5kgc and rearrange all their attributes.

even if there are negative perk removal stones (not all tho), #reset will still be usable in any case. however, it brings in an alternative for some players. you can choose whether to lose all PPs and get them back to rearrange them (which in high levels is not that hard), or spend gold and rearrange them.

well those removals won't damage the economy since they just switch money between players.

Actually this is probably the one reason I would personally be against this idea. At the moment the price of those stones helps keep the movement of gc around the community very fluid and high. Drop that price range lower and there's less movement of gc, meaning less of it gets spread around.

Simply having more stones "might" compensate a little for this change but it would have to be a big enough increase in rate of getting one to balance the shifts of gc. Those coins a harvester gets from sales of such stones may often go on to being spent on other things, slowing it or reducing it will not be healthy for the economy as a whole.

Otherwise I think this idea is great and very much needed as described, since many people need them nowadays.

As an observation, there seem to be plenty of these stones out there (meaning that he rate of finding them need not be changed), but rather these stones are all locked away in bot inventories at above-market prices, (or in some cases, hoarded by players). The end result is the stones becoming artificially scarce, and prices becoming artificially high.

If the rates of finding these stones increased by 10%, I doubt there would suddenly be an abundance of them on market. The discovery rate being (arguably) too low is not the root cause of the problem, imo.

As an observation, there seem to be plenty of these stones out there (meaning that he rate of finding them need not be changed), but rather these stones are all locked away in bot inventories at above-market prices, (or in some cases, hoarded by players). The end result is the stones becoming artificially scarce, and prices becoming artificially high.

If the rates of finding these stones increased by 10%, I doubt there would suddenly be an abundance of them on market. The discovery rate being (arguably) too low is not the root cause of the problem, imo.

Just to add to that.

I was paying about 10-13k for p/c removal stones a couple weeks ago. That was a normal market price. And at some point, bot Miria upped the buying price of p/c removal on to like.. I dunno, maybe 15k or something and started reselling them at 25k(?), I may be a bit off, but I think those are the approximate prices.

Simply because this bot is very popular among the harvesters, you're instantly screwed. They will not go and sell below that price to you and if they sell it to that bot, well, than you're bound to overpay by a LOT to Miria. If you're lucky, check some guild bots from time to time. Here and there you'll be able to find a coord or other stone for like 15k, which I guess is ok by the new market standards.

Just my idea.

-Blee

i like the idea.

personally. i see a big change that would happen if the prices dropped to 1-5k.

for myself. i would stock up on the stones that i needed to shift between 2 or 3 different "classes" example: fighter, mage, summoner.

then depending on what i was doing.( i could concentrate on 1 of the styles for a period of time) i could switch my style.

i usually only pk on NDD or when i get the occasional rosto. so most of the time i would keep a harvester spread b/c thats alot of what i do. get as much emu as possible.. then whenever that NDD comes or if i get a rosto. i just reasign my pp's using the stones i had bought..

well anyways. like the idea.

i like the idea.

personally. i see a big change that would happen if the prices dropped to 1-5k.

for myself. i would stock up on the stones that i needed to shift between 2 or 3 different "classes" example: fighter, mage, summoner.

then depending on what i was doing.( i could concentrate on 1 of the styles for a period of time) i could switch my style.

i usually only pk on NDD or when i get the occasional rosto. so most of the time i would keep a harvester spread b/c thats alot of what i do. get as much emu as possible.. then whenever that NDD comes or if i get a rosto. i just reasign my pp's using the stones i had bought..

well anyways. like the idea.

Yup shifting classes will hopefully be easier for all, and the neat thing is..yea somebody could decide on a attribute setup for a 'class' and use GC to make the changes, BUT you will still need to back-up those changes with appropriate levels (a/d for fighter, magic lvl's for mage etc), so it still gives advantage to hard work we all put into our chars.

Just to add to that.

I was paying about 10-13k for p/c removal stones a couple weeks ago. That was a normal market price. And at some point, bot Miria upped the buying price of p/c removal on to like.. I dunno, maybe 15k or something and started reselling them at 25k(?), I may be a bit off, but I think those are the approximate prices.

Simply because this bot is very popular among the harvesters, you're instantly screwed. They will not go and sell below that price to you and if they sell it to that bot, well, than you're bound to overpay by a LOT to Miria. If you're lucky, check some guild bots from time to time. Here and there you'll be able to find a coord or other stone for like 15k, which I guess is ok by the new market standards.

Just my idea.

-Blee

Aye but Blee, there will be a saturation point where miria becomes fully stocked on them coz no one will pay the 25k, at which point the players will once again determine the price for all the new ones ingame after that point (either theyll sell at miria's buy-price or..after a while when they cant sell coz no one wants to buy at that high a price, they will start to shave off 1k a time til its back to the normal rate again + there will be instances of undercutting other people for quick sales etc etc ad infinitum). Just a little patience is needed til you get what you want for the price you expect to pay.

As an observation, there seem to be plenty of these stones out there (meaning that he rate of finding them need not be changed), but rather these stones are all locked away in bot inventories at above-market prices, (or in some cases, hoarded by players).

100% agree

The end result is the stones becoming artificially scarce, and prices becoming artificially high.

nice Idea Gerbil, but for the reasons given by asgnny its doubtful anything will change ( apart from the prices getting higher )

*edit* OFF TOPIC you know what id like to see, id like to see a complete storage wipe of ALL stones, all attribute stones, serp stones, binding stones the lot, every stone wiped from every storage, bots included.

This would clean up the stones that are being held by players that dont even f'ing play anymore and are contributing to the number of existing stones in game that will never get back into circulation. I know at least one person who is sitting on over 40 serp stones and they dont even play anymore. Draconian step to take but hey, the only people who would care are the ones hoarding all the shit and the bots holding the stones @ too high a price

Edited by Ateh

*edit* OFF TOPIC you know what id like to see, id like to see a complete storage wipe of ALL stones, all attribute stones, serp stones, binding stones the lot, every stone wiped from every storage, bots included.

This would clean up the stones that are being held by players that dont even f'ing play anymore and are contributing to the number of existing stones in game that will never get back into circulation. I know at least one person who is sitting on over 40 serp stones and they dont even play anymore. Draconian step to take but hey, the only people who would care are the ones hoarding all the shit and the bots holding the stones @ too high a price

That won't help. People would just mix it too items that require those stones. There will be tons of those items so no new will be mixed so all new stones will stick into their storage for a long time. And why should a player lose all his stones because he doesn't play anymore? That's bullshit. When counting amount of stones they can take into consideration how many players aren't active anymore (but they probably won't because it's too much work etc etc etc).