Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Mines, and a new perk

In order to make the mines more useful, I came up with a few ideas:

1. Make the mines be storable in the normal storage.

2. Add some extra damage based on the engineering level of the one who placed them.

3. New mines (the RC mine).

4. New negative perk, "One".

Now, the new perk is the most interesting.

It will give something like 5-10 PPs (to be determined). What this perk will do is very simple (and evil). It will make you take damage from mines/caltrops/etc. even in non PK areas. With the new RC mines, that's going to kind of suck to be you, because if you afk for just moments, someone can place 8 RC mines around you, then boom.

So, the question is, is there anyone willing to take the perk? And if so, for how many PPs?

Please post only if you are willing to take it, I don't want stuff like: "Lol no one is gonna take it lol".

i think that the perk is quite nice and i would maybe take it, for maybe 6 to 10 pps :pickaxe:

i also like to idea where the mines are accessible from regular storage.

I always found the mines a bit useless because they only have the range of 1 step. Makes sense, but you usually have to place many to get one to explode :pickaxe: and they're not really cheap.

Putting them in the normal storage will definitely be an advantage though.

About the perk.. Not sure if I should tell you if I would take it or not :pickaxe: (maybe someone is waiting for this opportunity ^^)

But I'll just be honest, if I get enough pps for it, I will take it. (Curious about the RC mine though, I don't think I've heard of this before)

i'd take it :pickaxe: i'm mad like that lol but it would have to be at LEAST 7 PP but i think maybe 8 coz that is HARSH lol :pickaxe: but yes i would take it lol i just hope ppl dont go mad with the mines

johny

Tell us more about the RC mines, do they explode all at the same time?

As said, I wont decide here, but if it is ~10 pp's, I will most likely take it. This is a big risk, mixers could lose valuables, and no rosto people will be crying :pickaxe:

Mines in storage is awesome as well :pickaxe:

No gc cost would be great too.

Edited by Cyrus

Ill take it probably, for something like 6 Pps would be nice for this, its kinda close to ICD the effects, you suck in fighting in mine fields...

errrr...... i think it kinda sucks posting the oppinion here because if i say now i like and will take it ppl will know i would take it o_0

i think it would be cool, as long as noone knows you have it it kinda easy to get around with , i doubt ppl would waste mines on others if they dont know

if they have it or not.

Yes, so long as they are in the range of the detonator.

But depending on how things work, I might make only some explode at once, depending on the engineering skill of the one detonating them.

errrr...... i think it kinda sucks posting the oppinion here because if i say now i like and will take it ppl will know i would take it o_0

i think it would be cool, as long as noone knows you have it it kinda easy to get around with , i doubt ppl would waste mines on others if they dont know

if they have it or not.

It will be very easy to find out who has it, because it will also work on caltrops and traps, which are not so expensive.

Since it wont be obvious to people who has the perk and who doesn't, it shouldn't give more then 5pp's. Otherwise for most people it's just a bunch of free PP's because people wont waste the mines trying to see who is affected.

1. Make the mines be storable in the normal storage.

2. Add some extra damage based on the engineering level of the one who placed them.

3. New mines (the RC mine).

4. New negative perk, "One".

Now, the new perk is the most interesting.

It will give something like 5-10 PPs (to be determined). What this perk will do is very simple (and evil). It will make you take damage from mines/caltrops/etc. even in non PK areas. With the new RC mines, that's going to kind of suck to be you, because if you afk for just moments, someone can place 8 RC mines around you, then boom.

So, the question is, is there anyone willing to take the perk? And if so, for how many PPs?

Please post only if you are willing to take it, I don't want stuff like: "Lol no one is gonna take it lol".

You stole my idea. :pickaxe: thief ;D

I'd take the perk for 10 PPs only.

6 pps r nice for that perk no??????

6PPs for something that can make you die instantly, anywhere, and can be exploited by vicious players? Nah. It is too risky.

I would take this negative perk only if it gives 10PPs _AND_ if there is adequate "'One' perk removal" stone.

Since it wont be obvious to people who has the perk and who doesn't, it shouldn't give more then 5pp's. Otherwise for most people it's just a bunch of free PP's because people wont waste the mines trying to see who is affected.

You can waste a mine at a full storage (such as molgor), then notice who lost health. Not so expensive to determine.

But depending on how things work, I might make only some explode at once, depending on the engineering skill of the one detonating them.

Damage dealt will be determined by the level of engineer or pre-set as a constant damage?

The perk sounds good, I'd probably take it if it was worth the pp. I do afk a bit but its just a risk that I'd willingly take. 5+pp would do the trick :pickaxe: 7? definitely.

I like the RC that would help pk.

if they have it or not.

It will be very easy to find out who has it, because it will also work on caltrops and traps, which are not so expensive.

hmm =/ i just cant see ppl walking around sitting players laying their caltrops and stuff there. but youre prolly right, you never know

how people tick ^^ i would take the perk, and im with learner it shouldnt give more than 5 pps

You stole my idea. :pickaxe: thief ;D

I'd take the perk for 10 PPs only.

Which one?

The mine storages idea? I was thinking (and evening discussing it on the channels) way before you posted about it.

Damage dealt will be determined by the level of engineer or pre-set as a constant damage?

Both

As said, I will most likely take if it is 10 pps and no gc cost. The risk is large.

This is an awesome idea though ent :pickaxe:

Is there any way to lessen damage? As in, what kinda of damage will RC deal?

Edited by Cyrus

As said, I will most likely take if it is 10 pps and no gc cost. The risk is large.

This is an awesome idea though ent :pickaxe:

Is there any way to lessen damage? As in, what kinda of damage will RC deal?

Yes, wear armor.

The RC will deal 50 damage if sitting on them with no armor, less damage if not sitting on them and/or wearing armor. We'll test them in a few days on the test server.

I think there are quite many neg perks already, and new ones should be introduced carefully, preventing people from collecting enormous amount of pp.

Even if this a really negative perk, for top PKers it might be doable, if you mostly train in remote PK maps etc. Although I like your idea a lot, I suggest 5-6 pp max.

One question I wanted to ask, how will be underworld handled? Won't it be possible to blow someone in the underworld with rosto already used :pickaxe: While this would be fun I suggest making underworlds (and maybe isla prima??) safe.