Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

Cyprom's Whitestone Madness Invasion

It was nice, i liked and didn't like at the same time that you didn't have to leave the same map. It's convenient, but it's also crowded.

One thing, it must have been annoying to have killed a giant halfway and then have it disappear, i saw this happen with hob-gobs too, disappearing before all were killed. I would suggest leaving them there until all are dead unless noone is fighting them anymore.

All in all, nice job :icon13:

Gratz Cyprom cool invasion. something for everyone from rats to giants.. and good spacing of the monsters so those after gargs didnt accidently run into chims

very good :icon13:

it was awsome xD here are some picky's

lots of rats ;o

ratworldbq1.th.jpg

time to cut down a tree :icon13:

treeattkjl5.th.jpg

the counters were cool at the end xD

Edited by thelethalmoo

well imho it was the worse inva i ever parcipated (that is just meant for me, not generally)

it seemed pretty unbalanced to me and it wasnt much entertaining for me to run from one corner

of WS to the straight opposite corner of it.

What i did like is that even the lowest stats could parcipate this time. but thats basically the only thing i liked

at this inva. wouldnt have parcipated if i would've known how its going to be.

just my oppinion

That was superb imo - I liked how you did spawns of low lvls with high lvl monsters giving players a choice of what to fight :) 10/10 :icon13: (my first invasion that I actually took part in) ty B)

I liked the scenario, and indeed after fighting a giant it just disappeared as i dissed it, very strange

running from one end to the other: forest of the fall is easier to reach from Tarsengard, and so i ran into the middle of cats and bear. Luckely i learned from previous invasions that AE's are a must for these situations :icon13:

Although FotF was nice ferans are great for low mid lvl fighters but the tigers would ruin there fun.

Grams village with MC... and then Sslessar as i wanted to run from them, not funny :) or was it? yes luckely i could dis and tele.

hobgobs in tirnwood Great ! but omg. then there were these Sslessar again B) i have seen a lot of db's all of a sudden

And of course with so many players it gets a bit laggie but i didn't have a bad expierience with it.

So a very good start for invasions written by players, lets see how the next one will be

7/10 for me

i agree with scorp about the running about ws :/ but the consept i rerly enjoyed it! iv not been playing much for quite a long time so now i remember what sort of things i can kill :icon13:

Overall it wasn't that fun, i didn't get to kill many mcw/ssle and only got the chance to attack one gaint.

maybe putting the summon areas closer together would have helped.

The only complain i have is that the strongest monsters of the invasion were in lakeside. That blocks a little bit players to come back from underworld/IP and run to a storage to equip stuff and heal.

Except that, nice work cyprom :)

And, complains about the size of the whitesone map, the first invasions we had were like fighting pirates attacking in Naralik, then some of Mortos pets in Desert Pines.

*THAT* was annoying to walk to, but ppl had had a lot of fun ;)

Piper

Loved it, great for us wimps to beat on a few things and watch the rest of the thrills!! :)

Only thing I think it was missing was tons of fluffys :devlish: The invasion I enjoyed the most was one where the underground for PV was packed with fluffys and mcw, lasted for about 10 minutes before they were all killed. But I guess the same probably goes for whatever monster a persons level is at, but I think the most fun is tons of a mob you are just above/just on the edge of. Saw a lot of lower level monsters in this invasion, and was nice to get all the giants (even though ampr0 killed most of them :hehe:) but I was too slow to get to the chimmy's :omg:

Other then that, good effort, I give it 7/10

It's cool that this was an invasion where also beginners could participate, both in location as in monsters (first time I saw rats in an invasion). Monster spread was also good, hard to run into too-strong monsters by accident.

What I missed was a bit of a storyline: rats out of the sewers, ok, cats chasing rats, ok, but bears joining in? And afterwards the storyline was complete loss ...

All in all, still a fun invasion. Keep up the good work :devlish:

3rd invasion I missed in few days :devlish::hehe::omg:

Agreed, unfortunately

All 3 invasions in the 6 hour space I reserve for sleep. :P

Looks like another good one though :)

S.

Piper i guess for Naralik to Desert Pines you can use Tele to Portal Room.. if you cant spell it yet

try some rings plx :hehe::devlish:

I've had complaints about the storyline from people behind the scene ;o

I was supposed to rewrite "some" things.. But I left EL and didn't really work at it anymore.

I'm kinda surprised to see so many 10/10s :hehe:

Glad you enjoyed it, and just a little note: I didn't make giants dissapear :devlish: the invasion was supposed to end 10 minutes after they spawned. I guess they weren't defeated that fast. Ah well, gotta learn from these mistakes.

Thanks for the good and bad comments, when I return to EL I might write another one, but now it's up to you :omg:

-- Cyp

Another invasion I couldn't make :devlish:

But from the perspective of a blue message reader... I loved the Rats from the Sewers idea. The funny thing being maybe not everyone knew WSC had sewers, but I made them my home while mappnig them over a year ago.

The Cats I would have called Exotic Cats unless they were all Pumas :hehe: The wording of Bears teaming up with Cats spoiled the good story for me. But then Gargoyles from Vermor picked it up again.

Although there was the walking across whitestones issue for some (which ofcourse I didn't have a problem with hehe) the variety of player levels that could get involved was great, something I would always commend. Having the immenant arrival of larger animals in WSC was cool too, and from what I could tell, a clear choice for players as to the increase in monster difficulty. Great idea!

The recent leaps in invasion quality has almost inspired me to try writing an invasion myself :omg: (I already planned on it but lots of other things to do)

So I don't know how useful an observer's opinion is, but I liked what I saw and heard about.

On reading comments on this invasion and about previous others, one point that keeps coming up is that " creatures are either to powerful or not powerful enough" depending on who you ask.

maybe a set of guidlines should be introduced.

C1 invasions: low > mid level monsters (with a few high level thrown in if the storyline warrents it)

C2 invasions: mid > high level monsters.

at least people then would have a rough idea about what they might face