Eternal Lands Official Forums
Samanex

Celebrate EL on a Frappr! Map

I just added my name, comment, and picture to a Frappr! map and everybody in EL can too!

It's a site just for fun that uses Googles map system to plant flags of group members in their locations around the world. The site is found at http://www.frappr.com/eternallandsmmorpg You can sign up or not, and still post comments and such. Could be some good advertising for EL too! It's all just for fun, no obligations.

Note to Admins: I was so excitied about looking at satellite views and checking out how much fun this site is that it didn't occur to me maybe I should have asked you guys first! I just gave a group name of 'Eternal Lands MMORPG' and the EL link. The group can be deleted right away if you don't approve, and if you do I'll be glad to monitor it. There's no official connections involved. Let me know if it's okay to keep this going.

Thanks Aislinn. I did a search before I posted and didn't find anything. Figured it belonged here too, but I wanted to make sure it was seen right away in case I was going over my head.

At least it can bring a little more exposure for EL. There are links included in the Frappr! group for posting in guild and personal web sites too.

Thanks Aislinn. I did a search before I posted and didn't find anything. Figured it belonged here too, but I wanted to make sure it was seen right away in case I was going over my head.

At least it can bring a little more exposure for EL. There are links included in the Frappr! group for posting in guild and personal web sites too.

Lol for once I wasn't complaining about the search feature ;)

It was quite a while ago and even if you found it, most of the people on it probably aren't even known anymore.

That's wierd, i just recently found that site and considered making a post like this after I remembered the last time someone else did it. I think it is nice to see where everyone is from.

:)

but........theres docs in every continent except antartica...........vermor your just jealous that you can't be everywhere like me :P

Edited by TheDoctor

Maybe you should delete doctor's spam.

Yes Samanex, please do. It just makes this project pointless and annoying.

Thanks everybody for joining in! Maybe we can get the whole gang on there and take over RL!

There are some scripts there for adding buttons and pictures to other sites. Probably good for guild, fan, or personal web sites.

Sorry Doc, due to popular demand I canned your spam. I did leave the Bronxville listing on account'a because nobody would ever pretend they lived in Bronxville! (actually it's nicer than Monsey....) Maybe we can muck around with the map once the novelty wears off.

I think there's a way somewhere to more accurately plant your pointer. I wish I did live in a field, but my pointer has me smack-dab in the middle of a Lubuvitcher Hasidic neighborhood. That means I can't sign in on Friday nights! (Correction: they don't let you move it for privacy reasons, I saw something in their blog about it.)

Add a picture too, and you can add more comments then just one. It's almost like a forum thread.

Oh yeah, here's my digs, or my landlords anyway. The arrow in the trees is made of 3 inch thick styrofoam and weighs over a half-ton.

satellite.jpg

It's.. nice. Now i am living in Hanover and i would really bet its Hannover and i am not even there...

Well.. not very detailled then.

Piper

I think there's a way somewhere to more accurately plant your pointer. I wish I did live in a field, but my pointer has me smack-dab in the middle of a Lubuvitcher Hasidic neighborhood. That means I can't sign in on Friday nights! (Correction: they don't let you move it for privacy reasons, I saw something in their blog about it.)

Somewhere near the bottom of the page was a spot (for me, anyway) that said change location. Took me to a page where I could edit some stuff, and this text above a map:

"Is your marker not exactly where you want it? Click on the map below to refine your marker position!"

Edited by Arnieman

Awww!! some guy lives at same spot as me and covered my mark on the map :P

B)

Somewhere near the bottom of the page was a spot (for me, anyway) that said change location. Took me to a page where I could edit some stuff, and this text above a map:

"Is your marker not exactly where you want it? Click on the map below to refine your marker position!"

Thanks Arnieman!! Your eagle eye wins you the tit broadsword of inappropriate smiley face! :P

I thought I saw something about that somewhere, the FAQ lies. Frappr! is beta just like EL, so no blame. It's the 'Modify' link that goes with your name/pic in the 'Add Yourself' box. It also comes up when you click on '<your name> Home - Maps' at the top left of page. I get the feeling you have to register for these options but that's free and harmless.

sMooMs, this should fix your problem, the standard map marker just goes by postal code. This way you can plant it wherever you want. Also add favorite places and hangouts.

All we have to do is get all 4000+ :P forum registrants (inaccurate, I'm sure) to mark the map, and EL pwns the world!!

Bwuahahahaha!

grrr it has me a couple neighborhoods off...I edited it and when I go back to the main map it still shows me in the wrong neighborhood. *shrugs* oh well... still cool :)

Aislinn, there is a way to move your map pointer around, I think you have to be logged into the site and then go to the options where you can chage your picture and add comments.

That program is beta too, just like EL. They keep adding stuff so it's worth checking in often. I'd like to add more EL information, pics, maybe a theme eventually!