Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lumino

The First Annual High Society Gala!

UPDATE: WE NOW HAVE A WEBSITE. http://EternalLandsGala.ulmb.com

Hey all! My name's Lumino as you see, and a lot of you don't yet know me, but you may have seen me at Llynara and Korrode's wedding (I unfortunately missed Icy's and Tirun's :( ) or some other event :). I love to organize things and I'm quite good at it. So here we go...my sister (Curia) and I are planning a very exciting formal ball which we are calling the High Society Gala of Eternal Lands. Don't worry, you don't need fancy armor, lots of money or high skills to attend; it's about fun.

When: We are planning this event for in about 3 weeks, on either 14th or 15th. The date and time are not yet set but as the party approaches you will be informed of this info.

What: This is primarily a ball, meaning there will be "dancing"! (Or to whatever extent we can do it :huh: ). Now, this isn't about showing off with your attire (like armor, weapons, etc.). It's actually going to be a "costume" party; come as you normally look. Since I spend a lot of time in the mine, I'll probably show up as a "miner" (exc. cape, pick, etc.) Have fun with this! Be creative! You could come as a fur merchant or even a newbie ;).

Why: Because we all need a good light party for some fun :)

Where: (Tentative location possibility) Palon Vertas. More info to come on where in PV it will be.

And now on to the most important part....the talent. Our setup will consist of a socializing/chatting area, a dining area, and a show/stage area. People will be circulating. And there will be entertainment at the show area, which is what we need to talk about here! The party could go on for hours, and I would be perfectly content with having shows throughout that whole time that you can pick and choose which to attend. If we don't get enough there would be times when no shows are on, etc. But if you're interested in doing an act, be it a stand-up comedy act, a play with some friends, or a lecture/speech, we're interested! We want a variety of things for people to watch. So, here's how it works:

1) Get your act together. Literally ;) You have a little over 2 weeks to write and practice it, starting now.

2) Come to an audition time July 7th-10th. Audition slots will open up as the week approaches.

3) Perform your act start to finish for us.

4) Wait for our response.

5) If you're chosen, work out a performance time with us!

If you don't get chosen, don't feel bad. Some shows will just not suit our style, and we may have too many auditions. Not everyone can do it, but if your show is decent we will try to fit it in. Be ready to take criticism too! If there's one little thing we want to change, we can ask you to, and if you will you can still be in. About appropriateness: you can have anything you want in the show, but please inform us of the "rating" beforehand so we are ready and can inform everyone what the ratings are. Please nothing extremely explicit/sexual. If it's over the top we won't let you do it. If you have special requirements (i.e. venue, equipment, seating setup), please tell us in your audition signup post and we will try to accommodate you.

Remember, IT IS NOT YET TIME TO SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION. WAIT UNTIL WE TELL YOU TO. However, please start preparing NOW! Also, I will be performing in one of the shows in all likelihood.

Now, about contests/events! There will be as many as we can plan and set up! If you want to hold your own contest, there will be a thread soon with a link to a form you can fill out to give us info. You can also PM me in game of on the forum with your idea. If we like it, we will put you totally in charge of running it, etc. You can get your own prizes or we can get them for you.

About prizes and other expenses...we can raise some money, but not enough for all the contests in most likelihood. Please post here or contact me if you are willing to donate any prizes or even just hard GC to help purchase them. If you give us money we will tell you EXACTLY how we spend it so there is no doubt that we may have "stolen" it. We're not about that, PM any of my friends or anyone who knows me. THIS IS LEGITIMATE.

Also, know that this is a non-profit event. That means that all proceeds from raffles, and anything else you pay for goes straight to paying for prizes and supplies. Of course there will be proceeds, and they will go directly to next year's event if we have one. (Which depends entirely on the success of it, and of course the success of it depends on you!)

One way we might make money is through renting out stalls for "shops". I'm not sure about this but for a small fee you could try to sell your wares. This probably won't work, but contact me anyway if you have any thoughts on it.

Please consider coming, the more people the better! 50-100 people is a good goal, but more/less is fine! This is a community event, and if you consider yourself a fun-loving part of our EL community, please attend even just for a few minutes :)

If you want to help in any way or have any ideas, don't hesitate to contact me or post here whenever.

Finally, I will post info about time/location/etc as we have it on this thread, and a few days before the event I will create a new thread with the final info. Remember that all times/dates are totally fluid. If we have to postpone it a week, we might. Things can change. I might add modifiers/changes to this post so check this thread now and then. If you read this post, please reply with any thoughts at all, even if it's just "ok sounds interesting."

See you all there!

Lumino

Edited by Lumino

I'm interested, but just a question... Should I bother all females I know because we have to get a partner to dance? :huh:

@peeper: I know. But wouldn't it be cool if we did? ;)

@Cyprom: lol! aaaabsolutely. whatever works for you :huh: no romantic connection is required tho, itll be pretty casual as far as dancing partners ;)

Lum

Count me in! \o/ LadyAurena and me will attend.

@dejan: cool, who is she? ;)

Also, people please post a response. almost 70 views and only 5 posts? :huh: well whatever i know peeps are busy and i'm impatient...lol

Lum

LadyAurena is my guildmate (from the same guild, Yugo, as I am). We dance together on tables in Inns from time to time - kinda party people ya know... :huh:

Im sure LadyAurena and Dejan would LOVE to do a dance routine for the Gala xDDD

im coming too -- part of Yugo as well ;p

hehe....cool. Ok, btw, please tell all your friends/guildies, send #igs to ally guilds, this is going to be the event of the year and they don't want to miss out! :huh:

LadyAurena is my guildmate (from the same guild, Yugo, as I am). We dance together on tables in Inns from time to time - kinda party people ya know... :huh:

I apologize, I have no idea how did I manage to post the same text again... :'(

ooh a masked ball! Love it! what a great idea!

Wouldn't it be a blast to take over part of/ all of a map so no lagg problems and all just party?

I'm in - count on me to help/spread the word!

Ferny

I would love to come ;) as i already told you in game, good ideas, i hope it all goes well :huh:

I just hope i can make it ;)

Yes Ferny, the idea is to take up a whole map, I have one in mind and have picked out certain areas of it to use so we don't lag since we're spread out.

Cyall then,

Lum

This sounds great!

I wish I could make it...

I'm gonna be away for the entire month of July and there's no way for me to be able to hit it online...

But, I wish you luck with it, and I will donate some money towards the event :huh:

ah, just remembered, I actually have a pretty good short EL gnome story, so, idk if you'd be interested in it. I'd gladly tell it or audition with it, but like i said i'm not going to be around :/

Edited by kat

Ok Kat, sounds great! About the donation, PM me ingame sometime. About the story, if you wrote it up we could get someone to read it aloud or we could make a skit/play of it. Whatever you're interested in, it's your work. Either way you'd be credited.

Lum

I edited my first post with regard to the location. Note that this is temporary and can change at any time before the event. Also I would like to add that Enly may also be assisting as a supervisor/manager at the event, we have recruited her generosity.

Lum

Edited by Lumino

ooh a masked ball!

Let's hope the Night Visors are out by then :confused:

I'd like to make some small event too, but I'm currently a bit busy. If I get it done I'll let you know :confused:

Also I would like to add that Enly may also be assisting as a supervisor/manager at the event, we have recruited her generosity.

Please make sure ALL credit for this is directed at lumino or his sister, i just offered a little help.

lumino is to kind to mention me, im just humbly assisting :)

I got my dancing partner **shifts eyes toward him*

Wonderful idea, although I was at that wedding also, I think there was at LEAST 25 people there, the map might get really laggy if there is 100 people, even though there could be other things going on, with that many people there (even 15) gets a little stubbly.

I will try to attend though!

NEWS: MAJOR UPDATE ON THE BALL INFO STATUS (eloquently put, eh? :D)

I have set up a small website at which you can read all the info on this thread (and some!), RSVP (guestbook style application), submit a donation, and submit a contest/event idea. This site will also have audition signups eventually, when it is time for them. PLEASE RSVP ON THE SITE SO WE CAN COUNT NUMBERS. I have edited my original post too. The site has a "pink" color scheme per my sister's orders, a bit schoolgirlish in my opinion but it works :D

THE LINK TO THE WEBSITE: http://EternalLandsGala.ulmb.com

@Lexi: since we will be spread out over 3 separate areas of the map lag will be minimized.

-Lum

Edited by Lumino

I got my dancing partner **shifts eyes toward him*

:D whait where, i want to meet this dancing partner of yours :D

*HUGS&KISSES* :P

ill be there if im online :) ((and aparently ill be dancing))