Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Achievement lvl black

I know it would be pointless apart from being cool but it would be cool to have an achievement where if you do 1 mill of something then you gain lvl black achievement for that item... And make it each specific item, such as harvesting 1 mill silver ore or mixing 1 mill SRs... But not just for harvesting 1 mill ore or mixing 1 mill potions

Why not simply call achievement 'Millionaire', and give to player once they harv/mix 1mil of item? Simpler, and not easy task.

Having achievement for every individual item you can mix/harv 1Million of would mean several hundred individual achievements.

Sounds cool :D (I'll never be able to get it though :bangwall: )

I know it would be pointless, but let's do it anyway .. :pinch:

bjecqx.jpg

This is such a South-Park-Thing to say:

Alright boys, let's DO this :D

Edited by SolarStar

:)

30 blocks, each with 25 items, that's 750 items (actually more, as there are a number that share the same image)

I hope OP has some ideas about how to display that many achievements :whistle:

:)

30 blocks, each with 25 items, that's 750 items (actually more, as there are a number that share the same image)

I hope OP has some ideas about how to display that many achievements :whistle:

My reason for boiling it down to one achievement, with so many items feasibly manufacturable/harvestable to a point of 1,000,000, making an achievement for each would be ridiculous.

I'm don't think doing it on specific items would be good (It'd be a pain just to do the artwork for that many things), but I definitely think adding another tier to some of the achievements would be fun. I've only ever seen a couple lvl. 3 monster killers in any of the categories -- even lvl 1 isn't entirely 'common' -- while lvl 3 harvester pretty much just says 'I've played this game for a month or so' and all but the most dedicated fighters have it -- it's barely even really an 'achievement'. I think a BIG fourth tier on some of the more common achievements would be nice. The specific achievements that I think could do with an 'epic/black/platinum' tier:

Herbalist/Miner: Lvl 4: 5 million harved? 10? Maybe even bigger.

Lucky Finder/Crafter: 250 crafted/found?

Nature Hates Me: 500k damage?

Mushroomer: 1M toadies eaten?

Yes, I know achievements are pointless, but they're fun, and lvl 4's of already-existing achievements I would think would require very little effort in terms of code and artwork (Although they may require a client-side update for the art?)

Jim

While we're at it though, an achievement for finishing the tailoring and engineering tutorials would be nice.:)

I know it would be pointless, but let's do it anyway .. :pinch:

bjecqx.jpg

This is such a South-Park-Thing to say:

Alright boys, let's DO this :D

I <3 your good spirit solar!!! Lets do it!!! I just need a comp so I can help wright it... And yes I know it's overkill but an awesome idea none the less :P... I think it should be a printout like the ranking/top players page is and then for the actual achievement logo just do one logo for each skill but if you do more then 1 item in each skill it will add just a number and people have to look the item/items people reached 1 mill on... So if you reached 1 mill red snaps and 1 mill red rose then it would show you the symbol for black harvester but say 'black harvester 2' because you reached it on 2 items...

Then the web sight can say black harvester then list all the harvestable items and then each player who has reached those lvls

Black Harvester

-red rose

-Orick

-red snaps

-Orick

-SolarStar

-blue lup

-SolarStar

^^something like that

Edited by Orick

Skill version would be an easier and better idea imo.

We have that crap already... We don't need it again... This is something new and something that won't take me 3 days to get... This is something that can take years to achieve if its even achievable in fullness at all... Something with layers and layers of achievable steps that are, yes, hard but not undoable... Thanks for letting me know it will be hard to do but after 6+ years a Lil hard in this game would be nice(not saying that things are not hard or the updates added are not amazing, because they are)

Skill version would be an easier and better idea imo.

We have that crap already... We don't need it again... This is something new and something that won't take me 3 days to get... This is something that can take years to achieve if its even achievable in fullness at all... Something with layers and layers of achievable steps that are, yes, hard but not undoable... Thanks for letting me know it will be hard to do but after 6+ years a Lil hard in this game would be nice(not saying that things are not hard or the updates added are not amazing, because they are)

What I ment was - Have 1 acheivment for all the skills that you get after you have mixed a total of 1m items in that skill, to get the first rank of the acheivment you have to mix/harv 1m next rank ?amount and so on..

And the "easier" part of my sentance above refeers to implementing it to the game Not gaining the acheivment since Your suggestion would mean that they would have to add 1 acheivment for every item in the game that can be mixed/harved and if you took a look at the pic above posted by SolarStar and the calculation made by Revi you would know that there is loads of em.

If the skill version (Example: mixed 1M essies to get rank 1 of the acheivment that is just to be clear and not confuse anyone) is so easy that You can do that in 3 days it would be impressive because that would mean that you mixed about 13.9k essies/hour for 72 hours straight without a break so Go ahead.

No idea how your play time in EL is relevant to this and really don't care either so no point adding that unless you want to brag about it :P

What I ment was - Have 1 acheivment for all the skills that you get after you have mixed a total of 1m items in that skill, to get the first rank of the acheivment you have to mix/harv 1m next rank ?amount and so on..

That's along the lines I was thinking off, but you put it across better... So you mean, Like Rank 1 Alchemical Million for 1 Million of one alchemy mixable, with a completely different achievement of, say, Rank 1 Harvesting Million for 1 Million of a flower/mineral, etc... Which would be simpler, as it would be (attack, defense, harvesting, alchemy, summoning (stones?), magic, crafting, tailoring, engineering, potioning, ranging, manufacture) 8 Achievements, much easier than 750 achievements)

We're here to help Orick, suggesting 750 achievements that are very similar will, practically, never be implemented. But 8 Achievements, for the 8 skills where you can make/harv 1 Million products (if you count summoning stones :whistle: )

Edited by Grort

I was saying that under the achievements it just shows 1 image per skill but a list that shows each item in each skill and then the names of the people that have gathered/mixed each item over 1 mill... So a lot of people may be on the list for 1 mill red snaps sense they are the easiest thing harvested but fewer people will brake 1 mill tit ore... A list for each item that shows who has reached 1 mill in something higher lvl is a lot cooler then just reaching 1 mill In the skill, or just 1 item harvested 1 mill times without showing what item it was makes it just as valuable to harvest 1 mill red snaps as it is to harvest 1 mill tit ore witch is way less cool

Edited by Orick

I was saying that under the achievements it just shows 1 image per skill but a list that shows each item in each skill and then the names of the people that have gathered/mixed each item over 1 mill... So a lot of people may be on the list for 1 mill red snaps sense they are the easiest thing harvested but fewer people will brake 1 mill tit ore... A list for each item that shows who has reached 1 mill in something higher lvl is a lot cooler then just reaching 1 mill In the skill, or just 1 item harvested 1 mill times without showing what item it was makes it just as valuable to harvest 1 mill red snaps as it is to harvest 1 mill tit ore witch is way less cool

But it'll never be implemented, because of the reasons pointed out above :pinch: So changing it to skills instead of items is more likely to be implemented, which is, I believe, the whole point of posting on suggestions. If you want, split the Harvester Million one into two categories: mineral and flowers, if it makes it any better.

That's along the lines I was thinking off, but you put it across better... So you mean, Like Rank 1 Alchemical Million for 1 Million of one alchemy mixable, with a completely different achievement of, say, Rank 1 Harvesting Million for 1 Million of a flower/mineral, etc... Which would be simpler, as it would be (attack, defense, harvesting, alchemy, summoning (stones?), magic, crafting, tailoring, engineering, potioning, ranging, manufacture) 8 Achievements, much easier than 750 achievements)

We're here to help Orick, suggesting 750 achievements that are very similar will, practically, never be implemented. But 8 Achievements, for the 8 skills where you can make/harv 1 Million products (if you count summoning stones :whistle: )

Hey you could shoot 1 million arrows and kill one million mobs for ranging and a/d versions right :P.