Eternal Lands Official Forums
Starlite

Took my guild Name (HELP)

I changed my guild name for a laugh to KILL and shortly after went to change it back to HELP, only to find someone took the name. After doing some checking (#guild_info HELP) and also talking in #ig to a player called KIME who is the only person in HELP, I discovered he has very low stats and is obviously an alt.

[PM from Gossip: kime was in the HELP guild as of 7 hours ago. ]

[PM from Gossip: Here are kime's skills/ranks as of now: ]

[PM from Gossip: att:18/6451 def:16/6972 ran:0/2915 mag:3/6519 sum:0/4287 ]

[PM from Gossip: har:23/7401 alc:0/8347 pot:0/6206 ]

[PM from Gossip: cra:0/5770 man:0/7343 eng:0/2558 tai:0/854 ]

[PM from Gossip: phy:4 coo:4 rea:4 wil:4 ins:4 vit:4 mat:20 eth:32 emu:80 ]

[PM from Gossip: oa:0/24978 combat level:39.5 ]

* at the time he took the name he did not have any a/d levels, just was harv 23.

Ok so a MAIN char created the guild or has a guild that is no longer active but then leaves and hands it to an alt with stats below those required for a guild (1 MEMBER: Kime) Is that illegal to bypass the rule of guild creation and ownership(level 39).???

Kime if you are genuine please just pm me and let me have my guild name back, HELP is (maybe now its was) a well respected guild.

Yes I did, and I have to accept the consequences , but Im asking if how it happened was/is legal, the only person in the guild does not have lv 39 in any skill

You did change the name and have to deal with that, but I also have to wonder if this is allowable:

Kime

This player obviously does not have the stats to create a guild, unless you don't really need a lvl 39 other then overall to create a guild. Could this mean the guild was created by another player and passed to this character? Is that possible?

If we are going to let anyone create a guild at any time then we should change the encyclopedia to say so......

Thats what Im asking you lol....I understood you have to be level 39 in a skill to create a guild so it seems logical you have to have that level to own a guild. I am asking you if it is legal if you have to have a level at 39 to be a GM? 1 member in a guild with level 23 harvest

You obviously need the skill level of 39 to create a guild. However, as long as you have the 20 skill level needed to be in the guild, you are able to receive it with the #change_owner command.

This is legal.

Yes, the guild was created by someone with level 39+, and then transferred to Kime.

This is legal, regardless of whether Kane is an alt of the previous owner, or a totally unrelated character, and regardless of whether the original guild already existed, or was created especially for the purpose of allocating the name HELP.

I am sorry for what happened, but there was no rule broken.

IF Kime is an alt, and his main gets any advantage from the alt (e.g., if s/he tries to get a 'ransom' on its main to relinquish the guild name with the alt, or such), then we might have to investigate the situation. But even in that case, the name would stay with a (possibly locked) character, unless willingly relinquished by the player.

Edited by Usl

You obviously need the skill level of 39 to create a guild. However, as long as you have the 20 skill level needed to be in the guild, you are able to receive it with the #change_owner command.

This is legal.

Thank you, thats what I wanted to know. I guess I just have to wait and see if Kime/kane will let me take it back (the name) out of niceness

This player obviously does not have the stats to create a guild, unless you don't really need a lvl 39 other then overall to create a guild. Could this mean the guild was created by another player and passed to this character? Is that possible?

Is there a rule against having a guild with levels under 40?

This is legal.

Why would legality even be questioned? it's a feature of the game mechanics, a requirement of the game itself, not a rule? No rules, just a feature, surely? It's no more a rule than say, requiring 10 human nexus is for using an artificer cloak is, isn't it? Or am I missing Teh Point entirely? Again?

This is legal.

Why would legality even be questioned? it's a feature of the game mechanics, a requirement of the game itself, not a rule? No rules, just a feature, surely? It's no more a rule than say, requiring 10 human nexus is for using an artificer cloak is, isn't it? Or am I missing Teh Point entirely? Again?

Yes I did, and I have to accept the consequences , but Im asking if how it happened was/is legal, the only person in the guild does not have lv 39 in any skill

Oh, well..

If you change your guild name, its free for others to take your old guild name, of course.

The only thing i see here with a player with harv level 24 being the owner of that new guild is:

2. No Harassment.

Harassment is not limited to the type of language used; it encompasses the intent. This includes both clear and implied language or actions that are systematically and/or continually unwanted and annoying.

I highly doubt that that new HELP guild was just created by accident.

3. Respect Others.

You must respect the rights of others and their rights to enjoy this game.

And i highly doubt either, that it's that funny, if you find your former guild name being taken by someone else, who just created the guild and transfered it to an alt char just for fun.

But that's just my 2 cents, i might be mistaken as usually, so don't take this post too seriously.

Piper

If iirc someone once (ages ago) took the tag of a well known guild (EG, iirc) and asked for a "ransom". Maybe the HELP folks could pay the guy who got the tag to take the name back.

If iirc someone once (ages ago) took the tag of a well known guild (EG, iirc) and asked for a "ransom". Maybe the HELP folks could pay the guy who got the tag to take the name back.

Actually I remember that a bit differently. It was =hc= that took it after EG turned themselves into EGG for an Easter event. However there was no command to transfer ownership then, so scarr didn't take long to want his own tag back again. He did it to be funny, not with any intent to keep it. I don't remember any ransom but it was how many years ago? In this case, there is no need to hurry and get a real tag back, so I don't think a ransom would work. And then there is always that risk of rule 5 :D

Is there a rule against having a guild with levels under 40?

Well there is a rule about creating a guild and having to have a skill of 39 other then OA, at least that's what it says next to the #make_guild command in the encyclopedia, but apparently you can own the guild with less skill then that. I think that was the confusion earlier. Seems all solved now tho ;)

Well there is a rule about creating a guild and having to have a skill of 39 other then OA, at least that's what it says next to the #make_guild command in the encyclopedia

I wouldn't even call it a "rule", it's server enforced game mechanic, not a rule that needs enforcing.

Starlite, were you wondering if the person was doing illegal multiplay and transferring a guild ownership from one character to another character owned by the same person? I want to make sure I understood the topic right. And for anyone reading this, no, I don't know if that would be considered multi or not. Just asking her what she was asking.

Glad to hear you got your tag back. It would suck to lose such a well known tag.

No Nathan that wasn't what I was asking at all, I do know it is legal for an alt to "hold a guild." In actual fact I have also done that myself when willowleaf "held" HELP so I could visit another guild for a few days. What I was trying to clarify is IF the alt had to have a skill at level 39 to be able to take over the guild and carry out all the commands which a GM (Level 39 or better skill) can do.

Anyway alls well and back to normal now <3