Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fate

creature attacking...

I reckon we should have that creatures fight against one another in their map, and if they die, they drop their droppings (rat dies=1 meat,1 bone,1 rat tail).

And make it especially in IP so that Newbies can just go around and pick up the drops that are laying around the place...only a suggestion, so please don't bash me or anything stupid =D.

Any suggestions?

Free NMT's all round the feros cave etc, large amount of gc in other places, noobs with mm cape or perks picking up a lot of good things, idont think it would be a good idea. Spawn that ppl train on would become unbearable with noobs trying to get nice free drops.

It could be interesting if there were EvE invasions. A group of goblins spawn somewhere and they go to other mob area to kill the enemy, and some opposing help spawns there. Don't see it very convenient idea, but has minor potential quest wise (help goblins slaughter those infidel hobgoblins, start from talking to an npc goblin in tavern) Many minor details making it not happen I think, but somewat interesting concept.

It could be interesting if there were EvE invasions.

I remember quite some time ago there was an invasion in DP and a bunch of unicorns spawned to help us kill teh ebul monsters... it was pretty cool from an RPG point of view.

It could be interesting if there were EvE invasions.

I remember quite some time ago there was an invasion in DP and a bunch of unicorns spawned to help us kill teh ebul monsters... it was pretty cool from an RPG point of view.

They did not help tho, just strutted about :bow_arrow:

Maybe a war between creatures vs creatures and people included? i mean two sides in a PK map, two groups of people fights eachother with the help of creatures? (i m pretty sure its hard to implement) :bow_arrow:

Maybe a war between creatures vs creatures and people included? i mean two sides in a PK map, two groups of people fights eachother with the help of creatures? (i m pretty sure its hard to implement) :bow_arrow:

reminds me pking with summons, the final effect will be the same.

I reckon we should have that creatures fight against one another in their map, and if they die, they drop their droppings (rat dies=1 meat,1 bone,1 rat tail).

And make it especially in IP so that Newbies can just go around and pick up the drops that are laying around the place...only a suggestion, so please don't bash me or anything stupid =D.

Any suggestions?

Here is a suggestion. Only have the fur and on occasion bones or horns left when the one creature kills the other. The rare drops would perhaps be in the guts of the beast and alot of animals love eating guts. An animal must eat or starve, afterall.

Some time in the distant future, if Radu finds it suitable, he can have creatures need to eat or die of starvation....dropping less meat than usual and being weaker than usual before they die. A creature could actually lose life points if they are starving. Imagine if that would be done to players with -30 or less food. lol Players could starve to death.

Any suggestions?

Here is a suggestion. Only have the fur and on occasion bones or horns left when the one creature kills the other. The rare drops would perhaps be in the guts of the beast and alot of animals love eating guts. An animal must eat or starve, afterall.

Some time in the distant future, if Radu finds it suitable, he can have creatures need to eat or die of starvation....dropping less meat than usual and being weaker than usual before they die. A creature could actually lose life points if they are starving. Imagine if that would be done to players with -30 or less food. lol Players could starve to death.

First major problem I see is, the bag queue is not infinite. So as creatures attack and kill each other all

over EL, the bag queue fills and starts poofing bags, The large mixing bag, you just created at a storage, just

went poof (aka its disappeared along with the contents). Besides the fact you would have monsters serping spawns, its

sounds like a disaster. Now, rival invasion creatures attacking each other in a invasion roleplay sounds interesting..

Any suggestions?

First major problem I see is, the bag queue is not infinite. So as creatures attack and kill each other all

over EL, the bag queue fills and starts poofing bags, The large mixing bag, you just created at a storage, just

went poof (aka its disappeared along with the contents). Besides the fact you would have monsters serping spawns, its

sounds like a disaster. Now, rival invasion creatures attacking each other in a invasion roleplay sounds interesting..

I see no problems with normal bags like that causing problems. Bags were not created for mixing! But we do have rules against people making lots of bags on purpose for several reasons, not just because of bag poofing.

Maybe a war between creatures vs creatures and people included? i mean two sides in a PK map, two groups of people fights eachother with the help of creatures? (i m pretty sure its hard to implement) :P

you tied it in to pk, gj.

The only thing of value I saw in this thread was creature NPCs (stationary, for quests). Good work duggy.

Why would a creature continue to eat even after it has had its fill unless it is winter? A creature would probably only hunt 1-3 times a day.

Yes, rival invasion monsters does sound interesting. Not all creatures hunt for food either. Some harvest, some eat bugs, some eat dead things. They might clean up as many bags as they make.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, thx for the comments fella's, sounds that everyone wasn't so keen after all, and the idea for "invasion creatures fighting each other", DOES sound interesting ;)

Creatures attacking each other sounds fun, but i don't think they should drop anything in a bag when it's another creature killing each other, that would only mean that there is free st00f everywhere and newbies needs to learn how to play the game instead of running around picking up bags getting everything the easy way.

If all the creatures that attack other creatures had a built in gatherer medallion im all for them dropping stuff, killing a puma would then make you not only getting the puma fur and bones it might give you some rabbit items too or something else depending on what the puma has around it that it can kill.

Edited by Entris