Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dark_wizzie1

Evanescence Perk and Def XP

Before you keep arguing: omfg, teh pk is s0 expensive omg, ruining the game, competitive bronze omfg omg, please answer my previous question:

And speaking of bronze swords, the omfg, destroyer of EL, do yuo know how many total HITS from a bronze sword are registered per day, on average? And how many hits for the thermal serp?

Before you keep arguing: omfg, teh pk is s0 expensive omg, ruining the game, competitive bronze omfg omg, please answer my previous question:
And speaking of bronze swords, the omfg, destroyer of EL, do yuo know how many total HITS from a bronze sword are registered per day, on average? And how many hits for the thermal serp?

I have no idea, but sense you're asking us I would guess there are more therm hits registered a day then bronze hits registered in a day.

Well mr smarty, you're complaining about Yeti obviously, seeing as it's the only mob in-game you *need* a great sword to "train". that is due to the might being capped at 48. There is many 2x spawns abandoned in un-used PK maps you can use tit long to "serp for GC".
What about cockatrices? And artic chimmies? And giants (I think only Luci and mufo trained on them, thats before attributes cap)?To "train" on them a great sword would be a good idea, at least with the tests i did on test server.

LOL.

#1. Cockatrice is supposed to be trainable for those in the mid 140s, 150s a/d range. Due to the high criticals, people who've previously tried to train them donate alot of rostos.

#2. Artic Chimeran only spawns in PK, which is frequently checked by mages. They mass crit, they only get serped for gc and due to the attribute cap, Great Swords ARE NEEDED to train end-game.

#3. Giants.. gosh do I need to explain here?

#4. I'm not personally attacking you, I'm saying get a clue because you really have no idea what you're talking about.

@Entropy: Bronze Sword is a PK weapon. Thermal Serp is best weapon for PvE and some PK scenarios. I've only known/seen a few people to use bronze swords in PvE.

tell me, do your logs count the deaths caused by strike from Bronze/OSOMN/JSOC/COTM etc?

if it does, I bet the majority of those are caused by bronze sword. Bronze sword was supposed to be the poor mans thermal, but it's much more then that.

Ok Luigi, Cockatrices are not THAT hard... Should i make a video of me pwning cockatrices?? Just restore high, no problem. And i am not in 140-150 a/d range.

AC's just go there with mag imun always on for the mages... and dis ring if someone stronger appears...

Giant, i even claimed they can't be trained.

I'm saying get a clue because you really have no idea what you're talking about.
Oh really? I am an alcher, i always forget... :)

and to add a point to my last point

raising the cap by a bit wouldnt be such a bad idea, right now im sorta late for class so i cant make epic post or awnser questions but a few weeks ago smurf and i went to red dragon to mess around a bit and i started off by using a cutty after several rounds i saw the dragon was missing like 40 HP and i wasnt even hitting 100%, but then after doign some testing it turned out that i WAS hitting every time but just not doing enough damage (keep in mind i have maxed p/c) then to test that with a halberd i was hitting MORE then with a cutlass, the point im trying to make it i couldnt hit a dragon with a great such as cutty and js i would need the minimum of OS, halberd, thermal etc, so that is one more reason i believe the cap should be raised by a bit. ^^

And you don't think there should be different items/weapons for different purposes?

Yes, cutlas gives accuracy whats the point of having accuracy since you cant hit -> Good place for korrodes idea of increasing Great swords damage

On the subject of bronze swords:

Nobody ever wondered why they got so populair all of a sudden? They were already ingame before the caps and the dragon armours if i remember correct.

It's because of the low damage nowadays (low might + very high armour). It's become the only way to do good damage and get more kills.

No, the reason why they are so popular is because I decreased the break rate quite a bit.

I almost garante you 80% of the thermal hits are from instance last three instances i did 4/6 players used thermal.

Those same players used to do 1-4 instances per day.

It's true that the thermals are used for PvE too, but then probably some bronze swords are also used in instances and maybe during some invasions.

Ok Luigi, Cockatrices are not THAT hard... Should i make a video of me pwning cockatrices?? Just restore high, no problem. And i am not in 140-150 a/d range.

AC's just go there with mag imun always on for the mages... and dis ring if someone stronger appears...

Giant, i even claimed they can't be trained.

I'm saying get a clue because you really have no idea what you're talking about.
Oh really? I am an alcher, i always forget... :)

This post explains in itself how mentally challenged you seem to be. I'll say it once more, get a clue.

If you took it from your chat logs, please note that multiple clients running on the same computer at the same time will (under most setups) write to the same chat log. I know you have multiple personality disorder, Notorious/Senzon/Mario/whoever else. How many people were you fighting with how many characters during the time that you took that text from. I really doubt you took it from your chat window. Most likely your chat log where your multiple personalities get confused.

lmao

REALLY LMAO

wtf @ this... nathan, u think SenZ was on multiple chars, at the same time, PK'ing, and thats how he produced the chatlog he posted??

I was there for that fight, i assure you that's not how it happened...

I was there for a lot of other PK fights too, unlike you, who was there for 0

gtfo of PK topics.

I don't think the great swords are becoming useless, the bronze sword is pretty expensive and not many people can afford to use it all the time.

And following your logic of: great swords crap, bronze sword priceless, then this change will REDUCE the difference between them.

Say we have to items, one with a value of 10 the other with a value of 100 (value being something theoretical, not a certain attribute). The difference between them is 90.

However, if you decrease both by 5%, the difference between them will be of ~85%. So you should be happy about it.

The weapon 'value' (in your example GreatSword=10, BronzeSword=100) would not be decimal-for-decimal affected by "5%" by a 5% decreased chance to hit.

Chance to hit is only one of many factors making up a weapons value, and it's correlation would not be as simplistic as you imply.

So your example is flawed.

It's true that the thermals are used for PvE too, but then probably some bronze swords are also used in instances and maybe during some invasions.

lolz, bronzies for pve/instance... i'm sure it'll have happened, but damn it'd be rare... certainly rare in comparision to bronze used in PK...

Edited by Korrode

If you took it from your chat logs, please note that multiple clients running on the same computer at the same time will (under most setups) write to the same chat log. I know you have multiple personality disorder, Notorious/Senzon/Mario/whoever else. How many people were you fighting with how many characters during the time that you took that text from. I really doubt you took it from your chat window. Most likely your chat log where your multiple personalities get confused.

lmao

REALLY LMAO

wtf @ this... nathan, u think SenZ was on multiple chars, at the same time, PK'ing, and thats how he produced the chatlog he posted??

I was there for that fight, i assure you that's not how it happened...

I was there for a lot of other PK fights too, unlike you, who was there for 0

gtfo of PK topics.

Damn, Korrode. Lighten up!

Besides, I am more likely to believe Oz than Senzon. :sneaky:

Besides, I am more likely to believe Oz than Senzon. :sneaky:

Whys that? Oz is good at manipulation, but surely not that good.

I'd really love for people who know what they are talking about, and with a general understanding of the topic being discussed would post, and that the others would just attempt to read and try to atleast understand before making a post.

@Nathan

Man u just know how ridiculous it sounds when you say that you think the chatlog senz posted is produced only due to multiple chars in PK at once...

@Nathan

Man u just know how ridiculous it sounds when you say that you think the chatlog senz posted is produced only due to multiple chars in PK at once...

You don't know how to read. I said it was possible. I accidentally used periods instead of question marks, but still.

You also didn't get the subtle hint that I gave you to lighten up. Not everything I say is serious.

Now, lets stop this "back up the guildmate" crap and resume on the topic of Evanescence perk stuff, ok?

Btw, I figure it would not be wise of us to get Radu to repeat himself. He just told someone else to not flame.

Edited by nathanstenzel

You don't know how to read. I said it was possible. I accidentally used periods instead of question marks, but still.

No i can read just fine, i think it's you who need to go re-read your own post:

See where you say, and i quote "Most likely your chat log where your multiple personalities get confused.". It's not "most likely" at all, it's infact extremely unlikely that a person would have 2 chars on at once and be PK'ing with them.

As i said already; go and actually PK a bit so you have even the vaguest clue what you're on about before you open you mouth.

As for your little comment about "believing Oz over Senz";

Hey Ozmo, do you think there's even the slightest chance that the chatlog Senz produced is not from one char?

Edited by Korrode

Oz also said that someone else was probably hitting Senzon with the orange spam gear.

Also....I will repeat myself.

You also didn't get the subtle hint that I gave you to lighten up. Not everything I say is serious.

The weapon 'value' (in your example GreatSword=10, BronzeSword=100) would not be decimal-for-decimal affected by "5%" by a 5% decreased chance to hit.

Chance to hit is only one of many factors making up a weapons value, and it's correlation would not be as simplistic as you imply.

No, but since all the other values are equal, this change would make the bronze sword less useful. More less useful than the other swords. The chance to hit is pretty important, because it also affects the damage (no hit, no damage). And the damage is what makes the bronze sword so useful.

So your example is flawed.

So come up with a better exemple.

lolz, bronzies for pve/instance... i'm sure it'll have happened, but damn it'd be rare... certainly rare in comparision to bronze used in PK...

There is at least one person, Waraxe, who uses them in instances. Probably there are others as well.

And speaking of bronze swords, the omfg, destroyer of EL,

LOL @ 1 in the morning material

So I take it the big response to this thread is more like I cant get Evanescence perk in the next 6 months but my imaginary enemys can ?

So I take it the big response to this thread is more like I cant get Evanescence perk in the next 6 months but my imaginary enemys can ?

Then you take is wrong.

No one is complaining about Eva perk working properly now.

Maybe read the thread before posting? :sneaky:

There is at least one person, Waraxe, who uses them in instances. Probably there are others as well.

That says it all right there. WarAxe doesn't work *in-game* for his stuff. He buys GCs, it's how he affords so much PK, all the bronze swords in the world without doing jack sh... but then again, spending rl$ is supposed to get you an advantage in any game you play no?

Hey Ozmo, do you think there's even the slightest chance that the chatlog Senz produced is not from one char?

I was using bronze :sneaky: and Senzon isn't skilled enough to pk with 2 char's at once :cry: but i doubt anyone in this game is.

Edited by Ozmondius

Hmm, with keybinds (if there is any support for them) would allow you to control 2 chars efficiently at once. though, for some reason I feel the dev's won't like the idea of it :(

It is possible to pk with two chars at once ok... As long neither of your chars is dying too fast (so you can summon/range with an alt while your main is dodging hits).

Anyway, about this 5% 'extra' dodge percentage. For us PK-server players that is pretty nice, because of the high level mobs we cant dodge. As for the perks 10% being 'fixed' that is really great, in combination with mirror that means nearly 25% of the hits do not inflict damage. Worth to consider...

On a side note; the 'Fatal Man' perk does work right? I think I've tested it once but not on dragons of course...