Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pyewacket

GIWS invasions

We've had the GIWS invasions for some considerable time now. Since not only do they not last long when fighters go and take the damn things out, but even if they didnt do that then the time limit usually wipes the GIWS invasion out within a small amount of time that can be considered only merely mildly interrupting routines for anyone not wanting to fight in it...I am personally of the opinion we should ask radu to increase the numbers of creatures spawned overall in them.

Even if its only double the amount currently invading during a GIWS I still think our fighters wont have too tough a time of it, but what do you guys think?

DO we need more monsters in the GIWS invasions? (Am not talking different TYPES here, just a basic increase of numbers in those that do get spawned)

Reasons for suggesting this:

#1 We've seen some major advancement in rankings and A/D of fighters since this first got introduced into the game so now we have better teams tackling invasions anyway, which make small stuff like this very easy to handle. Therefore the risk from GIWS seems negligible these days and less people think paying the GIWS maintenance is needed since the mobs dont last too long to be a major setback.

#2 Seen some people barely get kitted up to fight when the announcement that It's All Over pops up and they have to remove their stuff again without even leaving storage (probably due to #1 above) so having 15 cyclops spawning just isnt enough...

#3 Anything that potentially risks more rosto cant be that unwelcomed to certain parties.

#4 Invasions on auto was always a good idea that we all seemed to support, but now they're slowly seeming to be a mere inconvenience to normal routine instead of something that SHOULD put the wind up players on the same map.

Discuss? :icon13:

Because I believe theres room for discussion on this, hence general chat. Opinions in general are needed so the powers that be can see if there's enough to sway things one way or another ..or even (as is sometimes the case on this section when tangents are posted) a new approach to GIWS entirely is needed. I can hardly get away with posting GIWS invasions in suggestions since it's already ingame, this is just to see if people think its ok as it is or not.

I would support more critters in the GIWS invasion, but I would NOT support more time. Thirty minutes is long enough to clear the invasion, and if it's something that can't be cleared (like ACs on the PK server) then thirty minutes is long enough for the map to be "out of service".

I'd be fine with a 3x or 4x increase. That would move it from being a simple annoyance to being fun for those who can handle the critters invading.

I'm for increasing the number of monsters spawned except in the instance when it's the dragons leaving their lairs on c2. I think in that scenario, having a little more time to kill the dragons might be nice. I don't fight them personally, but I've heard it's a pretty low time limit from some that do.

It's funny that you suggest this. Just a day or two ago while a GIWS invasion was going on I thought the same thing. The invasions are usually around 15 invades and I agree there could/should be more.

This would allow more people to become involved rather than some really levels wiping them out before others actually get there and make them last longer.

Well, i am a n00b and i cannot fight in invasions. So i have to run away anytime invasion starts.

But if it would make fighters (and so radu) more happy, i support the idea of more critters in autoterminating invasions too - it at leest does no more harm to anybody else :evilgrin:

Excellent suggestion... Can it also be spread to c2 (I think only dragons hit c2)? That way the newer players on C1 are safer :evilgrin:

As for the duration - why not let them last all hour? Esp for dragons/invasions day!

I guess there could be a problem with it in smaller caves ...

But then a small chance for the critters to start before the cave (on main map) would be interesting :evilgrin:

I don't participate in invasions (due to my low a/d), but i also support the idea and also spreading the invasions to C2.

I think in that scenario, having a little more time to kill the dragons might be nice.
As for the duration - why not let them last all hour? Esp for dragons/invasions day!

For the love of god, NO! :evilgrin:

(Not keen on the entire idea here actually either, I prefer they all be killed as soon as possible)

That's actually not a bad idea to have the dragons last for an hour total, and they travel to 2 locations before the invasion ends. 30 minutes to try and fight them before they move or the invasion ends seems more reasonable than 8. Otherwise, it's just an annoyance and an 8 minute logout if you happen to be harvesting in evtr, wvf or wherever when they spawn.

I like the idea of more monsters - but I do not like the idea of more time. While fighters (me included up to a certain level :evilgrin: ) love to go and fight the monsters, it is a little annoying and sometimes a great hindrance to newer players, so the time as it is seems fair to all IMO. And yes - I am aware newbies can go and hide on IP, but once you have started to explore and are enjoying the world as a whole - 1 hour on IP can seem like a very long time :icon13:

I would also like to see them spread to c2, if people really want more time for the invasions then c2 would be a fair solution as very few if any newbies are there.

That's actually not a bad idea to have the dragons last for an hour total, and they travel to 2 locations before the invasion ends. 30 minutes to try and fight them before they move or the invasion ends seems more reasonable than 8. Otherwise, it's just an annoyance and an 8 minute logout if you happen to be harvesting in evtr, wvf or wherever when they spawn.

Actually it is 8 minutes to find and kill both!

Every time the dragons move map - they both come back with full health - even if one of them is killed.

It is possible to kill them both in the 8 minutes - but you need to be lucky - and have lots of help.

The ideas above about spreading the GIWS to C2 are interesting. Perhaps the invasion difficulty could also be continent based. C1 could have invasions from gobblins up to trolls. C2 could have ogres up to dragons.

Last night there was an invasion in the MM cave i was there and walked out went to sto to dump some stuff and get some HEs and walked back when i got back ppl where still harvesting as usuall and no monsters anywhere and then the blue message came that the monsters where dead, i didn't even have a chance to get killed by any of em...

More creatures would be fun taht way the chance of me even seeing one of the creatures would be higher and even getting killed by one, would be nice if tehre was some invasions with lower lvled creatures so i don't have to listen to my GFs nagging about invasions only are for high lvl players and then have her bummed out sulking at her comp.

I agree - more mobs, same time. No need to piss off those who neither can/want to fight them for longer than 1/2 hr (apart from changing the dragon times). :)

I think there should be a number for each creature, like this;

ACW should stay as 20, in CC

MCW should be 40 in Nordcarn Cave

Cyc's should be 100, in White Stone Undergrounds

and Trolls should be 200, in Votd Gold Mine, second cave

There shouldnt be a invasion in MM cave because thats a very little house and jumping in 20 ACW's causes an instant death, and the maps for GWIS should be the same, so people would know which invasion is where.

My 2 cents;

-Kaddy

WS undergrounds has a small house where they spawn in, MM doesnt afaik

Last time I checked - MM it spawns inside the small house in the silver cave!

It would be nice to have some weaker monsters and have some invasions on c2.

Maybe a GIWS where there is a secret place that is invaded.

ACW should stay as 20, in CC

MCW should be 40 in Nordcarn Cave

Cyc's should be 100, in White Stone Undergrounds

and Trolls should be 200, in Votd Gold Mine, second cave

I am not sure about the locations Kaddy mentioned, but I like the numbers presented in his post. I think increasing amount of invaders and time they stay on the map is a good idea.