Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dilly

True Sight for invasion creatures

Hi,

I am wondering about a way to try and keep invasions fun for the people that are actually willing to contribute to the invasion, instead of it just being fun for people that go in with a big pile of invisipots and nothing else on, and who quickly collect the invasionresidues and our deathbags.

In last Friday's invastion I lost 3 or 4 rosto's, I did actually manage to kill quite a few monsters and did more damage to others far above my own level, and basically got nothing in return but being close to flatbroke. It was pretty frustrating near the end to see quite a few poisoned people waiting outside the temple of Dryx, who were obviously not there to help get the invasion over with.

At first I thought perhaps giving invasion creatures True Sight would be the solution, but of course that would also mean there is no getting past 100s of Giants and cockatrices, to get to a good spot to harm them from.

Do any of you have ideas for this?

A very good idea...

As it is in the melee - those that fight end up killing lots - but getting nothing for it

It would be nice but...

1. If you ever give true sight to creatures, it will be really hard to run away from them, esp if its a non-multi map.

2. Invisibilty is a good feature of game and makes really sense sometimes, both in PK and invasions,

I know it feels bad when someone just get in invis, take db and get out safely but no wonder there will be always that kind of people in our game.

-Kad

Kaddy,

yeah I agree, just giving the creatures TS will bring disadvantages that are possibly worse than the bagsnatchers ;) , also.. in many cases you wouldn't be able to recover the dragonscale on which you just wasted loads of arrows/mines/poisons. :)

That is why I would like to see if some of the geniuses in the game have any idea about it. :)

I don't like the suggestion.

Invisibility is fun. I know it hurts to be bagjumped by invisible lurker while you are trying hard against invasion monsters. But there should be some risks, right? Plus invasions often take place on No Drop Days, so it solves the problem too

Plus invasions often take place on No Drop Days, so it solves the problem too

nope its at normal days lately ( = invasion tokens , perk removal stones etc)

Anyway on subject.

As already mentioned before at a multi map or even at a non multi (in case its packed with mobs) it s hard to dis , so invisability pot gives a nice solution.

I know its hard loosing what u fought for but its a game, to participate means more than earning

Edited by draugluin1

Actually, the last NDD invasion was some time ago already, and the actual last NDD invasion was an accidental one, where the server decided it was NDD before Radu started unleashing his pets.

Also, NDD would mean no tokens, or any of the other special drops.

Hi,

I am wondering about a way to try and keep invasions fun for the people that are actually willing to contribute to the invasion, instead of it just being fun for people that go in with a big pile of invisipots and nothing else on, and who quickly collect the invasionresidues and our deathbags.

At first I thought perhaps giving invasion creatures True Sight would be the solution, but of course that would also mean there is no getting past 100s of Giants and cockatrices, to get to a good spot to harm them from.

Well true sight doesnt need to be giving to all creatures, leave the strongest one's alone but add true sight to certain creatures like clops ( magic eye ), tigers ( smell the prey) etc etc ( more than a match for a nekkid bagjumping alt).

Invis pots could be changed to give damage reflective of the armour you wear.. more armour less damage ( doesnt hurt pkers, or genuine users), no armour uber damage :P

I am no pker/fighter so not sure if this would work. but a way to stop BJers could be to make the action of opening a bag remove invisibility. Although bag jumpers could still use rosto's to get away with the loot, it would definitely make it harder and more risky for them and would prevent serial bag jumping in one session. Unfortunately it will also make it harder for the archer or mage to retrieve their kill.

hope this doesn't stray too far from the initial suggestion.

Hi,

Well true sight doesnt need to be giving to all creatures, leave the strongest one's alone but add true sight to certain creatures like clops ( magic eye ), tigers ( smell the prey) etc etc ( more than a match for a nekkid bagjumping alt).

Invis pots could be changed to give damage reflective of the armour you wear.. more armour less damage ( doesnt hurt pkers, or genuine users), no armour uber damage ;)

Very good said con \o

And to develop dill's idea, yeah it could be only given to certain monsters like flufy max. Well now, i liked this idea ;)

Thanks con,

-Kad

if it's given to fluff and lower monsters fluff will get you out of invis and then giant/yeti/acw/dragon comes around and owns you.

anyway i don't like this idea, if you are scared of getting bjed take a rosto.

What about drops?

It's not about getting bag jumped, it's about people going invisible and stealing your loot while you got attacked by the next critter.

I see only one solution to this, take some take some invi pots yourself or get a weak guildie to clean after you and share the loot.

What about drops?

bagjumping is not forbidden so why should something against it be implemented? ;)

Tempest,

In my first post I already stated:

"In last Friday's invastion I lost 3 or 4 rosto's, I did actually manage to kill quite a few monsters and did more damage to others far above my own level, and basically got nothing in return but being close to flatbroke."

I am as much part of the game as you, or anyone else out there, and I therefore do have the right just as much to think out loud about something like this. Again... it is not just me that gets annoyed with this, I know there are others out there (even ones with much better skills) that feel the same. And that is why I feel it is worth at least thinking about something.

Sure.. bagjumping is not illegal, but how come in most cases, when someone bagjumps, their guild gets redtagged my most other guilds out there? And yeah sure.. I can buy rostos endlessly, but to be quite honest, I have better things to do in that case than trying to help out so that others can go back to their beloved harvesting / training spots without the invasion creatures being there.

Anyway.. seen as.. apart from Conavar and Kadlub there doesnt seem to be much feedback to this.. I will just go hide in a safe storage from now on when there is another invasion. I refuse to be part in something that will cost me and my friends loads of time, effort and gc each time, just to see others run off with the loot.

Bones and booze at NCA sto as soon as the next one starts, please feel free to join.

I am as much part of the game as you, or anyone else out there, and I therefore do have the right just as much to think out loud about something like this. Again... it is not just me that gets annoyed with this, I know there are others out there (even ones with much better skills) that feel the same. And that is why I feel it is worth at least thinking about something.

Sure.. bagjumping is not illegal, but how come in most cases, when someone bagjumps, their guild gets redtagged my most other guilds out there? And yeah sure.. I can buy rostos endlessly, but to be quite honest, I have better things to do in that case than trying to help out so that others can go back to their beloved harvesting / training spots without the invasion creatures being there.

bolded part: i didn't say i have more rights than you or whatever, it's just the fact that imho it's NOT worth thinking about something like this. it's just logical that ent will not think about implementing a suggestion to prevent others from bagjumping or to make it harder for them, because everyone has his own responsibility for their bags.

yes, mostly bagjumping is treated as an outlaw action, but since as you pointed it's not illegal so i really doubt ent is even gonna bother to read more than 1-2 posts here just to make our life easier. i also understand that ur tired of buying new rostos while other people hide in houses.. so am I, and the suggestion would be an advantage for me too but still i'm against it.

I personally don't like this idea. I don't see it having any use apart from stop those 5-10 players who might bagjump. but then when the Invis wears off they die anyways.. So it dosn't matter really.

Instead of true sight for the monsters, why not have 'spray paint' as something a player can use to make the invis people show up. Then everybody can tell who the bagjumpers are and the monsters will have a tasty snack.

I am sure this is not a solution for all problems, but it would add an element of risk to being invisible.

recipe: 5 orange dye, 10 air essences and a wine? Used as a projectile.

My two cents :)

Mixi

You could always add the effect of when your invisible, you become pkable :P could be abused I guess, but something like that puts it more in the hands of the players to police, rather then the game.

How about invisible makes you PKable but only on invasion maps. Though it would be nice to be able to PK invisible bag jumpers. roflmao They could get one bag and get away if someone wasn't under true sight at the time but we could arrange it to have someone always true sighted. Is that possible?

Tirun

Invasion maps only is to avoid most of the abuse.

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Well... it's just walking around problem instead of solving the problem itself.

As long as people's attitude doesn't change there will always be people going to invasions, contests and other events ONLY to get some profits.

Instead of changing this or other potion/monster/spell find a way to convince people that having lots of fun is a very good profit itself.

MT.jpg <--- Vanyel :);):D

i think the best possible idea abou this would be that bags of monster you killed are reserved for you

a limited and reasonable amount of time. (yeah ebully i did saw that in other games uhuh..)

im very aware that if you step off a bag you loose the rights for it. but if its really such a big issue

for most of the community, it maybe should be thought about again (yeh i was pissed about that

attitude once too, thats why i mainly refuse to go to invasions anymore)

i dont know in what way that would be abusable or not, or in what way it would be hard into implement.

i also cant think of any way this would be a disadvantage so.. let the slaughtering begin on me! :)

#edit: this should not work with bags you drop yourself on the ground, or with dbs of players... imo

Edited by Scorpius

It has been suggested several times to make creature death bags accessible only for the player who has either delivered the final blow (simple to implement, easily abusable, not recommended) or majority of damage (more complicated to implement, but nearly perfect solution) , just for a short time after killing (1-2 minutes is more than enough). Unfortunately as you've said as soon as such idea re-appears, it is being slaughtered :)