Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New limited PK level maps/areas

@ Korrode: arenas multi combat like rest of thelinor or not?

if we had all the capped arena's in one place, it could take PK away from every other place...

Well, who cares really.

Many posters in this thread are asking for just 1 PK map anyways, this should satisfy them to at least some degree.

@ Korrode: arenas multi combat like rest of thelinor or not?

No the arena's should be single combat.

If you've got buddies to help u then u can risk fighting stronger people in the multi area, sounds fair no?

The idea of the arenas is to make the fights fair. Although friends can still catch disses, at least the actual combat itself will be fair.

Its a good idea, but the failure is always human. If not enough people go/not at the same lvl, it could end up collecting dust very fast. I cant seem to imagine this succeeding without people working together and some kind of regularity and structure.

Current PK issues, as I see them:

Gulid Maps: Lots of fighters PVP train in their quiet and safe guild maps. KF 2 years ago was packed with PVP trainers as well as PKers. Now, there's nobody risking anything to train. Why would anyone be stupid enough to PVP in KF, Nordcarn, or even the shiny new level limited PK arenas, risking life and limb to earn easy experience, when they can just go to whichever guild map, and train.

No Accountability: PKers have no accountability for their actions. About two years ago, KF had people PVP'ing there quite often. If someone dared interrupt PVP (by attacking a trainer), he could expect to have his own PVP interrupted the next time he was in a PK map. This did happen, and there were frequent KF brawls as a result. This logic would otherwise hold true to other "ebul" PK'ers of today, who may attack PVP'ers, serp spawns, or even use a branch of destruction on other players. With things as they are now, the "ebul" PKer can roam PK maps while invisible, go brod someone, and train perfectly safety in the privacy and safety of his own guild's map.

Personally, I was attacked during PVP about 2.5 years ago, and started training hard to be able to beat this player. I knew I would be able to find him in one of a few areas, and could attack him then. Rather than being motivated to train by going to PK maps, I am either bored, or simply turned off by my armor breaking, or near-immediate #ig's of "you [smeg], how dare u kill me in a PK map! now i will branch ur whole guild!!1one!" PK'ing used to be about fun, and strategically leveling up to beat your enemies. There was often a sentiment of "nice fight, I hope to get you next time". Instead of mutual fun, PK has grown into a hate-filled hassle and flame fest.

Negative effects of new/additional limited level PK maps/arenas:

Most PK'ers under 60 a/d can (and do) use the DP arena. This is a haven for people to load up on neg perks, and attributes for PK. A DP Arena PK'ing character will easily rip apart any "normal" build at the same A/D. This ruins the fun of fighting for the 'normal' people. Most of these PKers who flock to the DP arena would otherwise be roaming normal PK maps (or leveling their main characters to do so instead). There had been lots of traffic in KF, NC arena, and WS arena prior to the DP arena having been added. Nowadays if I were to randomly go into KF or NC and bet on it being empty, I would be a very rich draegoni.

With Naralik being largely unused, this meant only players under 60 a/d were removed from the mainstream PK equation. Once such a player reached 60 a/d, he had the choice of resetting to eliminate many attribute and perk choices only suitable for pure PK; or to earn pitiful experience trying to level up to mainstream PK levels. If the level limited PK areas are extended (as has recently been done, and is apparently under consideration for further expansion), there will be even fewer players under X(+19) a/d in any given PK map (where X is the highest level capped arena). There is already lots of turnover on high level PK characters... not because the ebul caps made the top fighters weak, not because of cooldown, but simply because such players are being bored to ther EL deaths.

What is the point in leveling to 120+ a/d just to sit alone in KF and watch the forest chims eating ants?

Edit: If the any/all level capped arenas are here to stay, how about using one's actual A/D, rather than the current "true sight" equivalent? Very few players at 40 a/d would have a chance in fighting someone at 59 a/d with so many extra pickpoints who is TS'ed down.

Edited by asgnny

I still think the "PK City" idea would be best, and would be bursting with PK action.

It was my idea :D

Well i told many suggestions about PK and non of mods/devs even didnt give a shit to them. Now they want new suggestions? bleh... Just read PK city, You will find all the questions there....

To sum up PK City (for the people who are toooo lazy to search for my topic);

1- It can be reached only a spell or ring (maybe a secret tele place in c1 to there)

2- 40's 60's 80's 100's and 120's arenas, (i made max 120 to pwn eMPi :) )

3- All single except one big arena which is not capped. (in order to make 3vs3 2vs2 fights and so)

4- When dead, the dead player respawns in the PK City, in the graveyard which is at the tele point.

Thanks for the ones who made me write these all over again. No need to make a new thread, just read old post thats all!! :D

to ent: pls, just this time, dont think about the goddamn economy, think about the PKers.

Best quote ever...

Edited by OldySchooly

@ Korrode

Yes, I'm no PKer, however, I am giving my point of view from a map development aspect. I want traffic increased to certain maps, Thelinor is one. EVTR doesn't need anything else there. It already is used quite enough.

Turning Thelinor into your PK city thing might work, but asgnny is right, why would people leave their training spots in guild maps? People are all talk, and no game when it comes to PKing. We provide more options for PKers, and trainers, but they don't use them :shrugs:.

The way this is going, the only way I see to drag people away from guild maps is to make a training area.. where you get 1.5 or double experience.. something like that... which I have heard suggested before, and I really am not fond of that idea..

If the level limited PK areas are extended (as has recently been done, and is apparently under consideration for further expansion), there will be even fewer players under X(+19) a/d in any given PK map (where X is the highest level capped arena). There is already lots of turnover on high level PK characters... not because the ebul caps made the top fighters weak, not because of cooldown, but simply because such players are being bored to ther EL deaths.

What is the point in leveling to 120+ a/d just to sit alone in KF and watch the forest chims eating ants?

Do you not think that removing the fear DPa PK'ers have of "leaving DPa" (i.e. hitting 60 a/d) by providing a 60 a/d arena in a good location (and removing fear of leaving that arena by providing a 80 a/d one, and so on) would not eventually work to put more people in big, non-limited, multi-combat PK areas?

As i said recently, talking about the new 80 a/d Kusamura arena:

There's more 80's and 90's a/d'ers with high OA, and they already have much bigger p/c for the monsters they train on VS the monsters 40's - 50's a/d'ers train. So specific Arena builds wont give the kind of advantage over your opponents it does at DPa.

If Bones and the other "DPa pr0s" (:D) did this it would benefit everyone, including themselves. There'd be a lot more people prepared to step into the arena with them, and they wouldn't be at DPa preventing "normal" players from being able to have some fair fights.

Plus at 80's - 90's a/d u can goto KF sometimes and not be slaughtered anywhere near as easy as at 40's - 50's a/d, in fact since attrib cap, a big group of (smart) 90's a/d'ers in KF is a formidable foe to any other one PK'er.

Level limited arenas are great, i still wanna see a 100 a/d one (i'm near on boycotting going to NCa anymore cause it's often pointless unless ur 130+ a/d)... but u DPa PK'ers miss out on one of the most fun parts of EL PK; big multi-combat brawls in Kilaran Field. You could still get to enjoy that side of PK if u all became "KJa pr0s". :D

(Emphasis added just now)

I believe that PK would spill over into the big non-limted multi area quite often. Fighting as a group in multi-combat is awesome fun.

See which guild can pwn it, etc.

Edit: If the any/all level capped arenas are here to stay, how about using one's actual A/D, rather than the current "true sight" equivalent? Very few players at 40 a/d would have a chance in fighting someone at 59 a/d with so many extra pickpoints who is TS'ed down.

I agree 100% here, level limited arenas where u have to use your true a/d would be good.

I've always been a supporter or removing the -19 TS failing effect all together.

(Although since the attribute cap, if the -19 effect was removed, forest and mountain chim re-spawn time and toughness/armor would have to be changed so players can barefist a single spawn and at least get decent attack exp.)

--------------------

Turning Thelinor into your PK city thing might work, but asgnny is right, why would people leave their training spots in guild maps?

The way this is going, the only way I see to drag people away from guild maps is to make a training area.. where you get 1.5 or double experience.. something like that... which I have heard suggested before, and I really am not fond of that idea..

I dont really see what PvP training has to do with any of this.

There are enough PK'ers in EL who want to goto PK to fight other PK'ers.

We dont need to generate incentive by making people PvP where they could be attacked, so it causes disputes.

The PK city would near on force all PK'ers into that area, and why wouldn't they wanna go? If their friends aren't on or they have none they can stick to the arena for their level, and any larger groups of PK'ers can still be out having mass brawls in the multi area.

Edited by Korrode

A/D does not make ppl that strong, items do, just ask DPA players who got pr0( 300k+ gc) equipment on them while pking how easly they can own person in 60's or even 80's as long as the victim doesnt wear very expensive stuff.

Im fine with capped areas/maps :)

One thing that bothers me is: why a high lvl has to be punished for being too strong, cant there be a way to temporary make ur a/d and attributes low enough to be able to fight in capped areas?(ts pots r only -19 a/d :D )

A potion that lowers ur a/d and attributes or it will be auto-lowering stats at entering the map ?

Oh, and btw, if ppl wondering why 2,5 years ago there was so much action in pk

- no cooldown

- no expensive armors/weapons

- mirror cape lasted forever

- u really had decent chance to win against lvl 100+ if u were in 60's as long as u were skilled+ some luck ( famous victory Scarr vs DP after Scarr got stats reduction to like 50 a/d would be best example :D )

- u didnt need to harverst nor farm gc in any other way to have fun in pk

- almost no private guild maps- there was no need for them since there was no invisible pot/spell so u could train pvp in kf or any other map and survive it even if u were low lvl

Back then no1 ever thought about limited a/d areas :)

mp

Oh, and btw, if ppl wondering why 2,5 years ago there was so much action in pk

- no cooldown

- no expensive armors/weapons

- mirror cape lasted forever

- u really had decent chance to win against lvl 100+ if u were in 60's as long as u were skilled+ some luck ( famous victory Scarr vs DP after Scarr got stats reduction to like 50 a/d would be best example :D )

- u didnt need to harverst nor farm gc in any other way to have fun in pk

- almost no private guild maps- there was no need for them since there was no invisible pot/spell so u could train pvp in kf or any other map and survive it even if u were low lvl

Lets rollback all the implements then? :D

We have to look for future, not thinking about old times and whine about how things are bad now...

We have all implemented: Cooldown, expensive items, etc etc. So we have to find a good way to increase PK with today's features of EL. Yes, i totally want to get back all things to 2,5 years ago. But its impossible...

PS If u want 'em, just invent a time machine :) (@empi)

Further elaboration on the make Thelinor PK city idea:

theli.png

I agree, this would be quite fun, to be able to watch the other fights and have an arena for your a/d to fight in. On the other hand, if we had all the capped arena's in one place, it could take PK away from every other place...

I think this idea would be worth a try, though :D

On the other hand, if we had all the capped arena's in one place, it could take PK away from every other place...

True, but IMO it doesnt matter.. if you look at it sensibly .

Current USED PK maps:

NC arena: NC map doesnt need the arena to make it busy, so it being moved wouldnt be a loss

WS arena: See NC

DP arena: See NC

TD map : only ever used on NDD

KF map: This is the only map that would suffer from a "pk city" idea, but in theory all you are doing is moving KF action to a unused map, so the overall gain is the same.

eMPi & Asgnny are 100% right.

did you ever wear dragon armor? hits from thermal serp for 4-10 damage ftw.

80 a/d with dragon armor + thermal owns 110 a/d with iron plate + cutlass

eMPi & Asgnny are 100% right.

did you ever wear dragon armor? hits from thermal serp for 4-10 damage ftw.

80 a/d with dragon armor + thermal owns 110 a/d with iron plate + cutlass

Indeed, and the end aint near ;/. White ice dragon plate ftw.

[i agree 100% here, level limited arenas where u have to use your true a/d would be good.

I would like to See this IMplemented on A/d Arena's ONLY but still have the ts failing effect for Training and such, but i am fine with it either way,

:P

and dont go off saying i am not a pker, i do pk but only limited b/c i dont care for being killed by somebody more than 80+ my a/d, 100+ when we got Tk-Empi players :P

Well all i have to suggest is some arenas with a/d limit of 10 a/d in every arena(or 20 tho).Then all the the arenas with limit from 20 to 30,30 to 40,40 to 50 and 50 to 60 should be at c1,From 50s a/d and then they should be other arenas at c2.finally in that arenas would be nice not working ts pots.By doing this 1.you don't have to spent much gc and 2.all can pk with some1 who has stats close to him.

Well i think Korrode's idea is good but well not all

we dont need 40/60/80/100/120 arenas atm lol y arenas , not maps/parts of maps?

Kuusamura was PK map right???make it under 160 a+d

Make tirnym Map under 100 a+d map..so even ppl 119 a/d can fight there

Naralik arena aint used for anythhing coz not big diff with 60 a/d and 58 a/d and ts for DP...

Kilaran fields should stay as it is, Tahraji too...

and CD remove soxx...fights win that 1 who will have more emu (coz sr/HE)

Liek in TD ive fought Lorck like 10 minutes or so. then SR ends..pointless

Well all i have to suggest is some arenas with a/d limit of 10 a/d in every arena(or 20 tho).Then all the the arenas with limit from 20 to 30,30 to 40,40 to 50 and 50 to 60 should be at c1,From 50s a/d and then they should be other arenas at c2.finally in that arenas would be nice not working ts pots.By doing this 1.you don't have to spent much gc and 2.all can pk with some1 who has stats close to him.

Noob idea at all...

Diference should be 20 a/d's coz u an TS 19 a/d

ALso in c2 Leopard Alpha or smtn can kill u.. u rly think ppl 50 a/d would there for PK????

Edited by OldSchool

Adding all these capped arena's/maps.. make it even more unprofitable to train a/d :closedeyes: .

People train till a certain a/d, and stop training it, to be one of the strongest for a certain arena. This already happends at DP, many 55+ stick to their current a/d.

Meself would make a char for every arena :evilgrin: .

Adding all these capped arena's/maps.. make it even more unprofitable to train a/d :closedeyes: .

People train till a certain a/d, and stop training it, to be one of the strongest for a certain arena. This already happends at DP, many 55+ stick to their current a/d.

Meself would make a char for every arena :evilgrin: .

Indeed, I think DP should be changed to 60 a/d limit, rather than a 40 a/d, and remove the Naralik one altogeather, that or change that to the 100 a/d arena.

If there was a well placed 60 a/d arena, it would increase PK (Imho.) alot, It's easy enough a/d to get to, allows some of the lower level players that go there to have some good armours. (Orcs are very good gc to train on, Ogres too.) and there are what, ~300 accounts with a/d between 50-79, maybe even more. Thats a large percent of players, also adding a arena, where you need to be over 100 a/d, would be good to, so people don't need to -19, but it allows those in the top200 to have some fun PK action too.

These are my suggestions.. :)

i can understand the economy shit but.. there are many other ways to get gc out of the game than making a pk arena for every 10 a/d lvls. There were so many things done for the economy, i think it's time to think about the pkers sometimes >.<

those arenas will ruin PK for everyone on in higher lvls, and the lower lvls will just stick to their arenas and never go to "real" pk

if u want the GC income to decrease give Chosen & me a brod and we'll get those damn 1 mill gc that enter the game everyday out, if u insist even more :closedeyes: seriously.

Edited by Tempest

Well i think Korrode's idea is good but well not all

First, It was MY idea :)

There were alot of PK old times because people werent training 20 hours a day.... :evilgrin:

Sux to have max 178 level, it should be 120 or 130 max...