Eternal Lands Official Forums
phrank

Pack Mules

OK i did a search and I couldn't find where this may have been suggested (and shot down) before, so here is my idea.

In general a pack mule for the harvester to be able to harvest more. While this would have its some programming challenges i think it could be based on the ant/pet technology.

It could have a pretty high emu such as 1k or higher, drastically increasing the efficiency that ppl harvest, if it roamed within trade distance it would also be anti-macro.

IMO it should be pretty high in gc cost 100kgc , or with rl money(though i probably wouldn't use it if this were the case).

Heres the part that i think ent would like, it eats harvestables plants from sto. It could prefer wheat but eat all other plants maybe in a defined order. And im not talkin about just in game im talking about all the time even when not logged in. Kinda like a pet even if you go on vacation you still have to feed it. (*from a programming stand point I think it could just be a time check and it takes a certain amount from sto) And if you didnt log into game for an extended period it could potentially have eaten all your plants in sto. And if all the plants are gone for a certain period of time the mule dies.

They could be sold or given to other players if we are goin to be out of town in rl.

I think this would encourage people to check in everyday (feed your mule) and it would be a constant drain for the game while giving frequent players a hand with some of the more mundane tasks (ie harvesting iron ore)

I hope this is given a little thought from the powers that be.

:D

phrank

I really like this idea. Though if it is going to eat stuff, let it be a goat, and after flowers, vegies etc, will eat leather armor, capes, what ever is next in the pecking order. Nasty to have one and end up in the hospital for a month in a coma.

Don't know what the chances of this being completed unrelated are... but mules :D

Edited by Enly

We could implement arrows and bows. You know, archery. It would be cool if we could shoot people. Maybe there could be dragons too, since we already have one in the logo.

We could implement arrows and bows. You know, archery. It would be cool if we could shoot people. Maybe there could be dragons too, since we already have one in the logo.

lol ?

Let's add a second continent first, it's getting crowded here.

Yeah, while we are at it, maybe a stone that will cause you not to lose items when you die. What do you guys think about it?

Yes, please, that would be great!

Could we name that stone a rostogol stone plz, plz?

:D

Piper

Ok i got it... i missed the blog... i admit ive only read back about a month or so in the blog.

I searched forums for any mention of mules and only found pictures of 'pets' i saw no mention of them actually being used as a pack animal. The blog talks about fighting animals, so i wasn't sure what was in the works.

I have tried to be a helpful member of the EL community, i have helped when asked. I did put some thought into this, sorry i missed a blog from months ago. I do not post flames i really dont appreciate being flamed for a honest suggestion. Believe me it will be my last suggestion.

Thanks,

phrank

Edited by phrank

Why do you think we'd have a mule pet if it not for.. umm.. mulling?

Anyway, the 'flames' were directed at Christo, not at you.

We could

RIDE

on it o/

IDK why else you would go through the effort of programming them, maybe as status symbols. Like an 'ant' was my original understanding of pets.

But regardless i am happy to hear i may have help with haulin iron. Although according to blog it wont be able to go into most mines.

Thanks