Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sMooMs

Higher armor helmets

Since the atribute cap came and the limited restoration spell the COL's are less usefull now imo. I do not really have to wear a COL or COM I would rather wear something else with more armor instead but.. The red dragon helmet only gives +4 armor wich isnt alot and looking at its ingredients it wil cost a lot, proberly more than a COL. I would like to see an helmet(s) that gives more armor (or maybe something else usefull?).

Maybe armor parts could be bonuses to attributes? +8 physique from dragon helm?

For example yes. The helmets never been really importand anymore since the came of COL. It would be cool if you see people wearing helmets again in PK or where ever.

Well, dragon helm gives at least some bonus to life and mana. But how about increasing this bonus while adding lower bonuses to inferior helms.

Let's say for example:

steel helm: +10 life and mana

titanium helm: +15 life and mana

bronze helm: +20 life and mana

red dragon helm: +25 life and mana (now it's 20)

black dragon helm: +30 life and mana (now it's 25)

(maybe add +5 life and mana bonus to iron helm as well :P)

Well, dragon helm gives at least some bonus to life and mana. But how about increasing this bonus while adding lower bonuses to inferior helms.

Let's say for example:

steel helm: +10 life and mana

titanium helm: +15 life and mana

bronze helm: +20 life and mana

red dragon helm: +25 life and mana (now it's 20)

black dragon helm: +30 life and mana (now it's 25)

(maybe add +5 life and mana bonus to iron helm as well :P)

That wouldnt make it any better than using a COL would it? The reason I put this subject on is because I do not really need extra health or mana points.

sMooMs has a valid point here.

Iron helm that is 200gc worth gives u +2 armor, steel/tit helms that r worth soooo much more( ings cost of steel helm is 16k+, ings cost of tit helm is 26k+) give u +3 armor and some resistance/protection only.

Would be cool to give steel/tit/bronze/dragon helms at least 5 more armor than they have now, just a suggestion :P

<edit>evil typos again ;'(

mp

Edited by masterpiter

i would support this idea very much..

well i myself have now with col 290 Health.. and restore for 191.. so short

under 100 i restore most of the times anyways (in pk that is). i stopped training

in col since its seems to be a waste for me and just risking it to break.

For Warriors it sure would be a good thing having some seeable differences between

the helms that would make it worth it wearing em.

i rememebr when iron helms were popular, how does a crown replace helmets in battle *sigh* bring back the warrior look, bring the helms up to date. good ideas smooms.

Or perhaps, there could also be some bonus for wearing complete set (I know, I know, Diablo thingy) of armor...

the sig set was da bomb! (at least I think it's called that, been a long time).

I don't think sets will work very well as this forces players to wear an entire set of the top items and when one of those parts break they will go nuts trying to get it back :pirate:

Perhaps helmets could add a percentage of your total armor from the rest of your gear on top of the armor they give already?

This could give a steel armor + shield spell combination some lethal efficiency if done correctly :icon13:

Since the atribute cap came and the limited restoration spell the COL's are less usefull now imo. I do not really have to wear a COL or COM I would rather wear something else with more armor instead but.. The red dragon helmet only gives +4 armor wich isnt alot and looking at its ingredients it wil cost a lot, proberly more than a COL. I would like to see an helmet(s) that gives more armor (or maybe something else usefull?).

:pickaxe: any item that gives the players more tactics ands makes us think past the mol/col combination is good, and totally agree the helms shouldnt have health bonuses hence turning them into an uber col, but extra defense is good.

And maybe a few "special effect helms" should be introduced. I dont mean " make rare " items but helms any manuer can make with the right ings.

ie: Steel helm of magic protection

Steel helm of mana reduction ( reduces the cost of all a spells mana by half)

Titanium helm of anti-cooldown ( any item the wearer uses, srs,brs etc the cooldown is halved)

Edited by conavar

It is not so ridiculous that a helm should give the same sort of armour protection as, say, a greaves. Certainly the helm is protecting a more critical part of the body.

I guess it depends on what is meant by the armour measurement. Is it relating to the actual protectiveness of the item (thickness, ability to absorb damage etc) or its ability to protect proportional to the criticalness (possibly not a word :hehe: ) of the body parts protected. Either way, I think helms could have a comparable bonus on both counts to at least the cuisses and greaves.

S.

In some other games, basic helms don't even give any armor protection. However, with arrows, it could be good that they give you a better protection vs critical hits (head shots) :hehe:

I agree with this topic. I myself wanted to suggest higher armor mainly because; without a helmet your head is defenseless, one hit kill.

So head armor should give most armor.

But while we're thinking all realilisticly... what if someone never swung to the head? (which you dont have a choice where you swing, but this is an example) they would still get a armor bonus for somthing you're not hitting. But thats just like greaves, who honestly would swing there sword at someones foot? :S

So maybe helm reduce oppenents critical hits? because critical hits are probably towards the head...

*babbles on and on*

~kGn

But while we're thinking all realilisticly... what if someone never swung to the head? (which you dont have a choice where you swing, but this is an example) they would still get a armor bonus for somthing you're not hitting. But thats just like greaves, who honestly would swing there sword at someones foot? :S

~kGn

So a fluffy should not damage your COL ? :fire:

When I was training fluffs did they damage many COLs.

But yes, I think it should give more protection and be worth to use.

sMooMs has a valid point here.

Iron helm that is 200gc worth gives u +2 armor, steel/tit helms that r worth soooo much more( ings cost of steel helm is 16k+, ings cost of tit helm is 26k+) give u +3 armor and some resistance/protection only.

Would be cool to give steel/tit/bronze/dragon helms at least 5 more armor than they have now, just a suggestion :fire:

<edit>evil typos again ;'(

mp

Totally agree, that would make helms more interesting.

I agree, helms should be more useful.

I also disagree with Entropy that helmet giving high armor is unrealistic. IMHO helmet is one of the most important armor parts, because head damage is most dangerous. Look at builders, forest workers, fire fighters, motorbike riders etc. Most of them wear helmets but not many use torso/leg/arms protection

~kGn

Altair stabs people in the foot with his shortsword then slashes up into their neck in assassin's creed ^^

*sorry the temptation was too much ;)*

If we are so pendantic, I can make the helms offer slightly more armor, but at the cost of dexterity and critical to hit and to damage.