Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilJoe

Giving away 300kgc

As the title says, I will be giving 300kgc to someone who trades with one of my bots- Miria, Tina, or Jeepers.

This is the 3rd event that I am running. The first was for 100kgc and was won by Cadoras and Winni. The second one was for 200kgc and was won by LochnessLobster.

The event starts as soon as I post this thread, and ends on January 3rd, at 8pm central time. (GMT-6)

People who trade heavily will have a higher chance to win. Most of the bonus comes from trades that you do during the event. However, you also have a boost to your chance to win if you have been a good customer in the past.

The bonuses from trading are huge, but I try to set up things so that one dude can't dominate the event and kill everyone else's chance to win. Anyone can win, even the newbie fresh off the boat from isla prima.

If you have any questions feel free to post here. I won't be revealing the exact method of how I will pick the winner, but rest assured it is a statistically valid and not eeny-meeny-moe :)

EDIT: I always feel bad that only one person can win, so I'm going to add 3 runner-up prizes for 50kgc, 30kgc, and 20kgc.

Thanks

-EJ

Edited by EvilJoe

Thanks, Joe, you're awsome! Good luck everyone, I just put my "ticket" in.

ye great events joe, but can we know what you consider as : "who have traded with my bots in the past" coz i used to make loads of trades with miria like 3 or 4 months ago when i was named kakuzu and also peach, but now i dont play that often anymore so i wonder if my past trades will count too :)

You guys (saint and peach) are good customers, so you will get some bonus for that. No worries.. But don't forget to make at least one trade during the next few days so that you can be counted in the list of possible winners.

Thx :)

Edit: btw, just so everyone knows... if you do a bogus trade like trading 1gc for 1gc, that doesn't count. You can do a small trade if you want though, like buying 1 bone or 1 health essence, although of course if you do bigger trades then you have a better chance to win.

Edited by EvilJoe

You guys (saint and peach) are good customers, so you will get some bonus for that. No worries.. But don't forget to make at least one trade during the next few days so that you can be counted in the list of possible winners.

Thx :)

Edit: btw, just so everyone knows... if you do a bogus trade like trading 1gc for 1gc, that doesn't count. You can do a small trade if you want though, like buying 1 bone or 1 health essence, although of course if you do bigger trades then you have a better chance to win.

make ur bots pay 75k ea per tit plates and you'll soon have 2 new tit plates on ur bot :) and more points for me <3

So I was thinking back to your last contest like this, you told us number of trades, and quantity of item/expensiveness of trades would help increase our chances of winning...

So would it be more beneficial for me to trade say... 1k FEs in one trade? or make 1k trades each with 1 FE? or would it really make any difference at all?

miria sold me a saving stone for 20k

jeepers bought the same stone for 20k

2 tickets for the price of none - back of the net

I'm certain this won't help you. Its not exactly the idea behind his contests.

Good thing you pointed out your attempt to exploit a loophole. :)

I'm certain this won't help you.

maybe theres a secret bonus for the deliberately set-up double saving stones trade :)

anyway i only really pointed it out to alert him to his probable typo - afaik 20k is too cheap for saving stones, so he was losing money on that one, so i did him a favour to sell his own stone to himself

OK so there are a lot of questions. I guess I'll give some more details on what it means to "trade a lot" but I'll post it as a separate post to keep this post from getting too messy...

Private - yup you've traded a lot

extrapolation- hehehe, nice one! I'll count that as a valid trade- by moving the saving stone to the bot with the correct price I won't lose 5k, and you also pm'd me about it so I could fix the problem.

Enly- nope, splitting up a big trade into a lot of smaller ones doesn't help. I'll try to elaborate a little bit on this point in the next post I'll make in a bit..

How to increase your chances of winning

A lot of people have been asking what it means to be a heavy trader, so I'm going to give a little detail about it now.

To figure out how "heavy" of a trader you are, there are a few criteria I use:

1. Margin

2. Value

3. Number of items

Margin

This is simply the selling price minus the buying price of the items. For example, a cutlass has a margin of 1k (21k-20k) whereas a saving stone has a margin of 5k (25k-20k).

Value

This is just the total gc value of the trade. For example, sometimes people tell me "I just sold 100k worth of stuff to Miria".

Number of items

This is a measure of how many trades you do or how many items you sell, and is meant to reward "effort" and "loyalty". For example, if I see someone who is really going all out to participate in the event, I'll give preference to that person over someone who just traded one item for the sake of being registered.

Note: you may be able to trick me a little bit by splitting trades into lots of smaller trades, but I honestly wouldn't bother because the benefit of doing that is likely to be very small, and if I catch on to what you're doing, then there's zero benefit.

Some rough statistics

The first 25% of traders- usually just 1 item, trade margin of around 500gc or less

Examples:

* 1 EFE

* 500 HEs

The next 25%- one valuable item, or several inexpensive items.

Examples:

* 1 cutlass

* 700 dung

* 2 red dragon scales

The next 20% or so- a couple of lower level items or a single higher level item.

Examples:

* 1 cutlass and 1 jagged saber

* 1 crown of life

* 1 will removal stone

* 1 cutlass, 1 tit plate, 1 tit cuisses

The next 20% of traders- one huge item like a nexus removal stone, or several fairly high end items.

Examples:

* 1 inorganic removal stone

* 1 steel plate, 1 steel cuisses, 1 steel greave

* 2 will removal stone, 1 reasoning stone, 1 coord stone, 1 vit stone

* 25 hydro bars

Top 10% of traders- lots of high end items

* 50 hydro bars

* Assorted steel / titanium / dragon armors

* Multiple removal stones

* etc

Hope that helps :)

-EJ

another 25 or more efes to your bots 3 enrich stones if im not wrong and loads of hes :D:D and cutlass js and os and steel cuisses.

one more thing,whos the heavest trader among your bots?

Edited by PriVate

Cool ty :D Hmm, not sure who the heaviest trader is at the moment, I'd have to search through my logs and do calculations.. but ya in any case you are one of the top few atm

I also have a feeling things will accelerate really fast towards the end of the event when all the procrastinators come out lol

Do you think you could include me as well as good customer? not only have i traded lots with quizzel but many many more with my old char Pyscho :) of course i'll trade a bit now but not as heavily as before (fi ur just look back and see pyschos trades its about 1 million or more gc in itemx xD)

GL every 1 h/f

#edit since every 1 wants to list i'll compile a small list of my trades

-about 4 tit torsos (sold)

-about 5 steel sets (sold)

-bought like 4 steel sets xD (buy sell my crap to much)

-sold about 20k HE

-sold about 5k FE

-Sold about 4k EnE

-Sold about 34 great swords which i bought broken and sold back fixed :D (which must count for something since some of them didn't fix)

-Bought about 104 damaged items from the 3 total which I happily chanced @ heabybeard / Tankel

-sold/bought much more can't really remember them all

Edited by Stricken

Yea, no worries- I know you who all the good customers are and you are one of them so I'll count you :confused: Thx for all the trades

Edited by EvilJoe

dammit LOL Joe did you have to use my trades of 1 EFE and 100 HE as an example of who wont win LOL