Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scratch

auto populate manu window

This idea could be a reward for those of us that use the encyclo rather than asking in channels what the ingridients for FE are. :P

If you had the proper ingredients in your personal inventory, had the manu window open, had the encyclo open & you clicked on the pic of the item you want to make, it would populate the mix area automatically. :fire:

I know someone will say,"if joo have teh stoof in inventory, then why joo need encyclo?"

Well, when I am mixing something I haven't committed to memory (something I have little to spare), I open the encyclo & use it as reference while I get the ings from storage. It would be a bonus to be able to click the item pic & have the mix field auto-populate with the ings.

:D

It would be a bonus to be able to click the item pic & have the mix field auto-populate with the ings.

:D

Maybe a bit too much of a bonus? :fire:

Maybe a bit too much of a bonus? :D

You think?

Some elements of the clickfest are unavoidable, else we all get huge levels really fast and something else gets boring instead, but is it really going to affect the game dynamic so much if we make one click on a fire essence picture or 3 clicks on the ingredients? Personally, I think the game could survive

I often see the strip of blank border at the right of my screen and think what a nice place to put a mixing quickbar. If we can have it for magic, why not for alch/manu/craft/summon etc?

Oh, a mixing quickbar, that would be great. Just like magic, be able to save the top 6 or so items you make so you can easily load them up. :D

well, the whole quickbar thing I think would only be logical for summoning (non-stones)

This is a nifty idea, sorta like the next "Mix All" feature. I don't see it being any kind of hinderance to the game as long as it only applies to what you have in your inventory already

Maybe a bit too much of a bonus? :medieval:

Why would you say that?

I don't mind having my ideas trashed as long as someone can explain why its a bad idea.

I would prefer being able to click the encyclo for the auto-populate but I can see the potential for a mix quick bar.

I will happily code a mixing quickbar, won't be much different from the spell quickbar.

If someone on high gives me the nod I'll write and berlios it. If not I won't :medieval:

I've seen a quickbar for mixing in TC client like a year+ ago. Pretty handy. I like this idea. Not only helpful, but also educative.

Yeah, the dropdown was a modified patch that was outdated on berlios at the time brought into 2005 by me :)

Actually, I came with this idea a while ago, but the problem is that the server would have to send the data to the client, which means more bandwidth spent, and it also means that this way we can no longer have secret formulas (not that we have any secret formula now, but we had a few in the past that were given to players for stuff such as winning a contest).

Actually, I came with this idea a while ago, but the problem is that the server would have to send the data to the client, which means more bandwidth spent, and it also means that this way we can no longer have secret formulas (not that we have any secret formula now, but we had a few in the past that were given to players for stuff such as winning a contest).

Mind I'm have a vagule clue about programming. Hence, my questions may be naive or just stupid.

Couldn't it be solved client side with the use of only encyclopedia. That is - only the stuff in encyclopedia is possible to autoplace? As far as I know the autoupdate features works with encyclopedia as well.

This way you can keep secret formulas by not putting them in the encyclopedia files.