Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT cape breakable, part 2.

Vote  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

well maybe im the only one but i never wear nmt in pk anyways lol o_0 even if i have thermal with me.

i only carry it with me in case someone wanna try pvp with me, else i only use mirror and cotu anyways.

You found the flaw in your own solution. Good job :)

duh lol now i got it roflmao :):omg:

it wasnt only about the nmt in my suggestion but rather about the fact that items has to go out of

the game more regulary appearantly. which would prolly happen with my suggestion. and non the less

i still see enough ppl going pk with nmt, and some ppl can easily afford buying new ones.. of course those

who cant wont go into pk with it.

I bought staff of protection 200k knowing it will eventually break in 1 day

well i payed 425k for the nmt knowing it was NOT going to break (so i thought). there is no way i would have paid such a stupid amount of coins on something that could break, and 3 days later this comes about. And for those talking about taking the perk, gaining 7 pickpoints is very hard work when you are at say 100s oa level. i maybe a baby in SOME PEOPLES Eyes but ALOT of work goes into 425k.

Time to reset and get the perk in the main server.

Pps are not important anymore. p/c will be usefull only in the pk server.

not for me :omg: 20 free pp...

but yeh... breakable nmt ... lol... why pay 450k gc now huh make nmts already ingame unbreakable, and a new kind of cape breakable with nmt powers. make the old nmt unable to be found anymore (such as a collector item...) with the time, number of unbreakable nmts will drop with brods / bans etc...

Cool idea. :)

Time to reset and get the perk in the main server.

Pps are not important anymore. p/c will be usefull only in the pk server.

not for me :omg: 20 free pp...

but yeh... breakable nmt ... lol... why pay 450k gc now huh make nmts already ingame unbreakable, and a new kind of cape breakable with nmt powers. make the old nmt unable to be found anymore (such as a collector item...) with the time, number of unbreakable nmts will drop with brods / bans etc...

Cool idea. :)

Nice idea, gotta agree

OMG people! Changes happens, so learn to deal with it!

Having NMT isn't players' right, it's privilege.

But what I see as could-be-biased is the number of capes ingame, I really wonder how many capes are kept by non-active players (non-active means to me no login whatsoever in past three months).

Edited by Khalai

The NO Faction allready was the majority in the previous Poll we had about that. but anyways, i will

be able to take care of whatever happens. i dont mind it beeing breakable or not.

ppl will just use nmt only for training like i do which would change nothing i think oO

(long stream of thought so I can make one post ;) forgive me)

I voted no. Here are my reasons:

• Fast leveling noobs are good for the game. I don't want to be king, I want opponents. :omg:
  • Training is a alot fun, more so than 3 days of mining.
  • Only effect it will have on me is to buy gc for $$, thereby punishing kids that can't and keeping the adults who loaf at work king 8)
  • I lost on how a safety item can degrade, Im certain those little Orange Cones live forever ;)
  • I want people to play the game and not a perfect economy. Wow 300 people online, w00t. :)

What will happen IMHO:

• People will just stop using the NMTs until their price balances the cost of the items they protect.
  • After a steady list of broken cols, people will get frustrated at a real world economy and stop playing.

In closing, I can train without a NMT. I train in augmented leather pants, steel chain, iron greaves,

steel shield, moon\unicorn med, Crown Of Life (the only expensive item). Chims Feros Fluffs doesn't matter,

I'm lazy about it and wear the same thing.

I own one (NMT) and bought it in the pre-last poll days for 220k (borrowed

one up to that point). I am ok with inflation or economy unbalance if it means 'people are playing the game'.

But with the upcoming pk server and now a move to make training far more costly. I think all my hard

work playing this version will result in this game being a chat game, I log in to say hi and then leave.

(Wait don't alot of people do that already ;) )

(If the cloak is made degradable\then breakable. And the armor demands are up, something has to

be done to make EFEs Binding Stones Serpent Stones more common)

I think the games ideas should be for:

• Fun
  • Attract New Players

And not to make it some perfect economy system worthy of a doctorate. Some of these threads will only

be known as Eternals Lands epitaph. "How a game got so difficult to play, no one did."

So I propose an idea? How about an insurance npc? Buy a stone, and gets NMT perk for 1 hour per stone.

p.s. ( at the time of this post there are "There are currently 154659 people playing!" Runescrape a ugly

game with a bloated economy, with items that never seem to ever break) but its packed, why?)

The NO Faction allready was the majority in the previous Poll we had about that. but anyways, i will

be able to take care of whatever happens. i dont mind it beeing breakable or not.

Well, this is 6+ months later (things change, yes?), and I am making new concessions, which explains why more people are in favour of having them breakable.

Democracy doesn't mean things are forever set in stone once a decision is taken. Democracy means that people are allowed to vote on decisions.

Now, this doesn't mean that EL is a democracy, because it isn't. But every so often, players are asked to vote on an issue, and usually I listen to them.

I voted yes, make it breakable.

If let unbreakable the numbers of NMT will increase, albeit slowly*. This, in my opinion, will reduce their cost - as every Joe Syslack will have one. This means less armour, weapons breaks.

Which then means less business for manufacturing.

Which then means less business for alchemy.

Which means less buisness for harvesters.

The NMT breakable will probably not affect EL economy that much, but I'd rather have somebody to sell the low-level things I alch/harvest or use to manufacture stuff.

1 in 80K is a really, really, really small chance, in my opinion. I doubt this change will affect too many people, in the whole.

(Rgh, I never know my "effects" and "affects" sorry if I made a mistake :) )

(EDIT: Also, I don't own an NMT - perhaps I am biased. I think, sometime in future, I shall need to purchase one. Although I'd rather get money from other skills.

Edited by Aphistolas

And not to make it some perfect economy system worthy of a doctorate. Some of these threads will only

be known as Eternals Lands epitaph. "How a game got so difficult to play, no one did."

LOL

This is the funniest thing I heard since the last change (astrology stones).

If I had a penny for each time someone said or though "this will ruin the game", I'd have my castle already.

p.s. ( at the time of this post there are "There are currently 154659 people playing!" Runescrape a ugly

game with a bloated economy, with items that never seem to ever break) but its packed, why?)

So why are you here then? In fact, if you so much hate the idea of items breaking, the most obvious conclusion would be that you, and those who agree with you, should go and play Runescape. It's a free game, has lots of "There are currently 154659 people playing!" people, a very friendly community that can trim armors for free, and so on.

(quote robotbob)

I am ok with inflation or economy unbalance if it means 'people are playing the game'.

But with the upcoming pk server and now a move to make training far more costly. I think all my hard

work playing this version will result in this game being a chat game, I log in to say hi and then leave.

(Wait don't alot of people do that already )

(If the cloak is made degradable\then breakable. And the armor demands are up, something has to

be done to make EFEs Binding Stones Serpent Stones more common)

I think the games ideas should be for:

Fun

Attract New Players

This is pretty much what i was thinking

Well, this is 6+ months later (things change, yes?), and I am making new concessions, which explains why more people are in favour of having them breakable.

Democracy doesn't mean things are forever set in stone once a decision is taken. Democracy means that people are allowed to vote on decisions.

Now, this doesn't mean that EL is a democracy, because it isn't. But every so often, players are asked to vote on an issue, and usually I listen to them.

makes sense to me.. well you dont have a president for ever too ^^ (is that even a good example :S)

have to add that i think robotbob put everything in one post that is spreaded in diff posts on this thread.

have to agree to him.

(Rgh, I never know my "effects" and "affects" sorry if I made a mistake :) )

Affect is mostly used as a transitive verb, while effect is mostly used as a noun.

I voted no. Still for the same reason, being that back when I had gotten my NMT (I paid for it cuz, as everyone knows :), I killed 20k+ flufs and other stuff without getting one) I had to sell some precious items to get it, and I have grown a certain "emotional worth" to my NMT cape and I'd hate to lose it.

Yes, I know, maybe I sound stupid, but I like my NMT and I don't wanna lose it and get another, even tho it's the same pixels, just like I'd not want to lose my Banana. (Magic serp :omg:)

-Blee

So why are you here then? In fact, if you so much hate the idea of items breaking, the most obvious conclusion would be that you, and those who agree with you, should go and play Runescape. It's a free game, has lots of "There are currently 154659 people playing!" people, a very friendly community that can trim armors for free, and so on.

Because I really love the game. Which is why I posted. I don't play others, Ive tried and it lasts about a week.

I just want to see 154659 people playing Eternal Lands too. I am not an opponent but someone that

has a solid investment into Eternal Lands and wants to see it survive, progress and get you a interview on

Tech TV :)

Could be breakable/degradable but:

Increase a little drops like tit chain/meds/helms from monsters (for treinin cheaper) ,then PPL will trein like in old times (no COL!!!),so manuers will make more armors

Increase a lil EFE rate ,so manuers make more iron sets for trein

If u dont do that-many NMT will breake,PPl will break stuff,then spend all time on mines and harv and sell...

BTW i too paid a lot for my NMT,using it sometimes for trein,but when i go PK i dont wear it..

I always had little respect for those that talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

So how about this:

If the final vote comes to "it should break", then robotbob and those that agree with him (brettmck, Kidberg, Scorpius & co) should lead by example and leave the game (go play something where items don't break, such as Runescape). Deal?

Put your char where your mouth is.

Because I really love the game. Which is why I posted. I don't play others, Ive tried and it lasts about a week.

I just want to see 154659 people playing Eternal Lands too. I am not an opponent but someone that

has a solid investment into Eternal Lands and wants to see it survive, progress and get you a interview on

Tech TV :)

Hmm, did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, there is a remote possibility that you like this game partially because of the economy, and, implicitly, because how decisions are made? And again, maybe, a better economy with fewer players is preferable to a not so good economy and millions of players?

I always had little respect for those that talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

So how about this:

If the final vote comes to "it should break", then robotbob and those that agree with him (brettmck, Kidberg, Scorpius & co) should lead by example and leave the game (go play something where items don't break, such as Runescape). Deal?

Put your char where your mouth is.

No one said Id leave the game. If it came down to it, id change skills just to be able to talk to the good friends ive made on this game. If i played this game relying on what i wanted to be accomplished, id left a long long time ago. I play for friends, and while im playing, i say hey, what the hell, lets train or pk or alch. If nmt becomes breakable, I might suck it up, change skills, or make el my personal chat room.