Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TirunCollimdus

Incentive for PK

Okay not sure how easy or hard this would be but Entropy managed to take artificer off of all accounts that had it so here goes.

You take a guilds PK points and add them up once a month. The guild with the highest total points gets a 'perk' that gives everyone in the guild maximum perception that is not affected by night time for as long as they can hold the top guild PK spot. If they lose the top spot then whichever guild has the most points gets the 'perk'. I am emphasizing perk because it would be invisible to the player. They can't get rid of it with resets or removal stones to get extra pick points. Summoner's in the guild would be better able to get critters for summoning ings and others who do not PK would be able to better avoid dangers like PKers from other guilds and monsters they are not tough enough to fight. The PKers would see their enemies before they were seen which would make the 'perk' something worth fighting to keep.

This could be done with just one person instead of a guild but it would require a lot of playing time, PKing time and player interaction to achieve the wins. Everyone would gang up on the winning guild since that guild would have an advantage towards winning the next month but they would also still have to be able to beat out the next guy who is trying to beat out the winners too. If it was doable I think this would be pretty awesome. I am not of course in a guild who can win this but I think it would be a great way to give players something to fight for without over balancing the game.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

Sounds interesting. Although I believe it should only be allowed in PK (perception) or they would easily be able to hunt animals :icon13:

(course they wouldn't have trouble hunting them on pk maps either.... hmm)

It would help hunt people.

It would help hunt animals.

It would help avoid people.

It would help avoid monsters.

This advantage would help a large range of people in different ways which is why it would encourage more player interaction. It might make nonPKers join PK guilds and get both sides of the game really communicating. Could be guild mergers or just encourage players to do more things with the characters they have. That is why I like the idea. It not only promotes PK but it positively affects other parts of the game and nonPKers too if they are in the same guild. This is what makes the award something worth fighting for and trying to keep.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Edited by TirunCollimdus

I wanted to do something similar:

Have guilds buy (from some NPC, with gold coins) various bonuses that would apply to everyone in the guild, and would last for a month or week or day.

Then people were bitching about how unfair this would be for the poor small guilds and guildless players, so I was like: "fuck this, it's not worth implementing it so people will bitch".

I was thinking guildless people could be PKpoint mercenaries. They could wait till the day of the contest judging and then hire themselves out to any guild who would take them. This would mean guilds could boost their PKpoints using the guildless players.

The guildless players would get the same benefits as the guild until a couple of days before the contest was judged again and then they would #leave_guild so they could get hired again. The guildless players could either choose to remain with their new guild if that was acceptable to both parties or get rehired by the same guild or a new guild. Guilds would consider each contest period a probation period for their PKpoint mercenary so no guild website access or things like that unless the hiring became a permanent change by mutual choice.

This would give guildless PKers a massive incentive to PK and make the contest a lot more interesting too. If guilds tried to hire them and then fire them when they win and not let them get the full benefit of winning then that would get posted. The other PK mercenaries would know not to hire to that guild and make it that much harder for that guild to ever win again. The PKpoint mercenaries would not need to participate with the guild they helped in if they did not want to because that would not be part of the contract. They could ignore #GMs and play as normal. Everyone wins. :P

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Tirun's suggestion is in the right direction. Pk is the only skill were players dont win anything at all(only fun and pk points).

To make a player that is training many many hours per day to enter pk maps you must offer him something really good.

Something that will make him stronger probably?

EDIT: I don't mean something like "remove rostos".

Edited by agis29

Tirun's suggestion is in the right direction. Pk is the only skill were players dont win anything at all(only fun and pk points).

To make a player that is training many many hours per day to enter pk maps you must offer him something really good.

You sure? :)

You sure? ;)

Well sometimes you may get lucky and win some items.I got some drops like capes,serps even axes.

Someothers got titanium armours.But those things don't happen everyday.

If we calculate the red capes,the weapons and armours that get degraded,rostos,he's,pots,essences then pk is very expensive.

Espessialy for players between 60's-90's.

For example yesterday i entered KF. I pked an el lady. She was wearing nmt while fighting and a thermal serp. I had a brod with me (i didn't use it). But if i did she would lose thousands of gc.

Finnaly she dissed but we both wasted he's,sr's,sum. stones and i didnt win even pk points.

After 30 seconds Luci entered. I didnt lose a rosto cause i was at votd sto. ;)

Edited by agis29

Good idea, but this plan has a negative side effect, the weaker people from a guild would then not go into pk even if they wanted (like on no drops), because they wouldn't want to lose pk points for their guild...

How about a simpler idea, like the top 10 pk'ers for each month (that is pk points earned in that month, not total) can go redeem a prize at an NPC, something like 40k for #1, 30k #2, 25k #3, 20k #4, 15k #5, etc... just an idea.

Edit: Spelling errors ;)

Edited by St_Arcane

Guest ohmygod

Good idea, but this plan has a negative side effect, the weaker people from a guild would then not go into pk even if they wanted (like on no drops), because they wouldn't want to lose pk points for their guild...

How about a simpler idea, like the top 10 pk'ers for each month (that is pk points earned in that month, not total) can go redeem a prize at an NPC, something like 40k for #1, 30k #2, 25k #3, 20k #4, 15k #5, etc... just an idea.

Edit: Spelling errors ;)

I think it should be like 100kgc per pk point you have at end of the month.

So, when can i collect my 600k gc?

;)

yeh nice idea, top 10 pkers would get ~50kgc for each pk point they have.

or less/more whatever, this can be adjusted if its to much.

EDIT: i dont post that cuz im in top 10, just would be generally a cool idea to get ppl to collect pk points for gc etc.

Edited by Tempest

Rewarding the top 10 PKers is completely off topic basically hijacks the thread. The point was to give a benefit that would lots of players would aim for and increase PK for everyone. The top 10 PK is going to effect very few players. My idea would mean that people would be going after people their own level more often to get the most points so even the lower level PK guild members would still be active.

No drop day would be a risk but it could also be rewarding if you could dis when needed and finish the people who would give you points. This idea was meant to make all of PK more active not just the 15 people who have a shot at being the top 10. It was meant to get guild and nonguild people PKing so that it really has an impact on the game instead of on the few players who can rank in the top 10. Making a change for a few players is not worth Entropy's time.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Edited by TirunCollimdus

lol ok then... sorry for 'hijacking' your thread.... but in that case i vote no for your idea... it wont make me target people my own lvl, i will rather target weaker players because their easier to kill... just as stronger people will target me for points... basically every1 would be killing any1 they can for points, which would discourage lower level's(or people not used to pk) to enter pk, for the sake of their guild.

Secondly: its not all about how strong you are... there are many ways to kill some1 in pk, but i shall not list them all like some attention starved n00b...

Thirdly: its not just 15 people who can be in top 10... more like 150 people (actually more, if they just tried)... if u look at the current no. 10 as im typing this (Disturbed) it will prove my point, he is by the looks of his a/d rankings in high 70's/low 80's a/d and his OA isnt over 90, so he cannot hav a very high p/c, yet he has made it to the top 10 pk'ers...

I think those very few players who make it to the top 10 deserved to be rewarded for it... also remember then that if a whole guild should get some bonus for the pk points, it will cause lots of strong people to band together, and then they can have that special bonus all the time... that would rock, wouldnt it?

Edit: spelling errors again... lol

Edited by St_Arcane

I do not know if Disturbed spent money on getting phys and coord or not. I do know that rewarding the top 10 would have the same result as rewarding a guild. If as you pointed out almost anyone can get in the top 10 then the result would be the same no matter who you reward. That makes your idea as workable as mine.

Strong people already ban together. PK guilds?? If there eventually were enough PK mercs available nonPK guilds could raise the money or win the lottery and hire all of them to win the contest. There could even be a new guild called MERC if that name is not taken. The GM would boot players as they got hired and accept as they returned so all you would have to do to find out who is available is gossip members all MERC. They could take turns being GM so no one would loose out very often.

If you can PK lots of low people and get even more points than from killing a few people your level and higher then the system needs to be changed. Then you have the incentive to PK the need to PK people around your own level to win and it still makes a huge amount of increase in game activity.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

its never stopped u before

Oh well, I was thinking to add a perk (no PP required) to exclude players from the astrology system, but now that I've read your reply, I won't even bother.

its never stopped u before

Oh well, I was thinking to add a perk (no PP required) to exclude players from the astrology system, but now that I've read your reply, I won't even bother.

I do not know if Disturbed spent money on getting phys and coord or not. I do know that rewarding the top 10 would have the same result as rewarding a guild. If as you pointed out almost anyone can get in the top 10 then the result would be the same no matter who you reward. That makes your idea as workable as mine.

Strong people already ban together. PK guilds?? If there eventually were enough PK mercs available nonPK guilds could raise the money or win the lottery and hire all of them to win the contest. There could even be a new guild called MERC if that name is not taken. The GM would boot players as they got hired and accept as they returned so all you would have to do to find out who is available is gossip members all MERC. They could take turns being GM so no one would loose out very often.

If you can PK lots of low people and get even more points than from killing a few people your level and higher then the system needs to be changed. Then you have the incentive to PK the need to PK people around your own level to win and it still makes a huge amount of increase in game activity.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

i can bet u an NMT cape Disturbed didnt buy pp's, and if he did it couldnt hav been more than 2 (unless he uses $$$, but then he could have just bought himself a char)...

And yes strong people are together in pk guilds, but their evenly spread out (well sorta), with your idea they could all just merge and then no1 else will ever get your 'special bonus' ... and like u said if most band together the top 10 will pretty much be rewarded the same, but then their all in 1 uber guild, that kills anything that moves in pk... thats gunna increase the amount of people pk'ing no? :P

lol ur merc guild idea just sounds silly... but as its not relevant i shall not comment on that :P

by the 3 posts ive seen from you i can establish you do not pk much yourself, therefore i shall forgive your lack of insight into the matter... and dont take me wrong, i appreciate your effort to increase pk'ing, but your idea will just complicate things further... weaker people should not be discouraged to go into pk because they can (and probably will) lose points for their guild.

this is my last post on this topic... ive made my point.

A perk for pk'ing someone? omg0sh thats l33t, I want one.

PK will never be the same, and your a NON-PKer, and trying to improve it when you know nothing about it? #clue plx.

#Edit - Btw, I agree with mango, and Mufs.

Edited by Chosen

:pinch: Good job, I wouldnt bother 10k of people playing, if one players posts comment on the forum.

Hope you made a joke.

It was him who proposed such a perk, not 10K players. Before him posting about that idea I had no intention to implement it.