Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
plainlofa

I Eat Ogre Toes!

Please note this was not my idea, it was an old friend of mines.

Ok since they have I Eat Dead People that increases food level why not have I Eat Ogre Toes to increase ethereal points? Just like bones they are not very expensive and can be gotten with little to no experience needed in any skill (but if your harvest is low they will take longer to get). Now you may be thinking that this will lower the market for SRs? Well I doubt it would. Many people have IEDP perk and yet feasting potions are still bought and sold regularly? I would just say make the stats like:

I Eat Ogre Toes

Cost: 3 points, 10000 gold

Allows you to eat ogre toes for 10 ethereal points, no cooldown.

I liked the idea lol :)

[Plain]

Edited by plainlofa

Yea but i still think SRs will be sold harder.I'm not a potioner myself so I don't much care about it but still this perk should be more expensive.

A SR thats worth ~15gc only restores 20 Ethreal with cooldown, so 2 ogre toes (worth ~1gc) is better than 1 SR using this perk..... so it needs to balanced somehow, the way I look at it these are the ways to make a perk like this work:

-Use a more expensive item

-Make the perk more expensive in both PPs and gc

-Reduce the effect (e.g make it 2 ethreal instead of 10)

-Add a risk (like posion with toadstools)

-Use a combination of the previous four

If the right balance is made this could be a nice perk....

Edited by evilmangopie

The only reason that the IEDP perk works so well, is because the cost is related.

Food level from 0 to 45= 1 FP, which is 14 gc

The same thing using bones, is 5 bones, which is 10 gc.

That said, 10 EP and no cooldown from an item that costs 1 gc? That will remove all market for SR's, because it will take 2 gc and 3 less emu to do something that is normally 13-15 gc and 5 emu. Cooldown on SR's is hard to replace imo because of the cooldown and amount of EP replaced.

Well of course some kinks would be worked out...it was just an idea lol.

[Plain]

The only reason that the IEDP perk works so well, is because the cost is related.

That said, 10 EP and no cooldown from an item that costs 1 gc? That will remove all market for SR's, because it will take 2 gc and 3 less emu to do something that is normally 13-15 gc and 5 emu. Cooldown on SR's is hard to replace imo because of the cooldown and amount of EP replaced.

IEDP costs gc and pickpoints, iirc 10k gc means you would have to take 2500 fps before the balance is in your favour with the perk, plus the fact that 3 pp is 30 EMU, which over time could amount to a lot of missed carry capacity (approximately 30gc per load of ore/jewels) which must go into the equation too.

IEDP is by no means cheap in the long term, I would actually consider it more expensive than FPs, but the tradeoff is the cooldown.

And yes, I eat dead people, and have from day one of it being ingame :D

Would I do the same for mana? Personally no, but then I don't use magic all that much so it wouldn't benefit me. I could see the benefit for other player types however (summoners immediately springs to mind)

Well I for one love the IEDP perk and it is very useful to me. Now I am not really a magic type person so I don't know if I would take it but it sounded useful when I heard it lol :)

[Plain]

Ok since they have I Eat Dead People that increases food level why not have I Eat Ogre Toes to increase ethereal points? Just like bones they are not very expensive and can be gotten with little to no experience needed in any skill (but if your harvest is low they will take longer to get). Now you may be thinking that this will lower the market for SRs? Well I doubt it would. Many people have IEDP perk and yet feasting potions are still bought and sold regularly? I would just say make the stats like:

I Eat Ogre Toes

I liked the idea lol :P

[Plain]

that perk if implented, and i doubt it will be, is much too powerful LoL... 10 mana + no cooldown? carry 300 or 400 of em ( like mango said ) and u get ur self a pretty big amount of mana that u can refill whenever u like ^^

IEDP costs gc and pickpoints, iirc 10k gc means you would have to take 2500 fps before the balance is in your favour with the perk, plus the fact that 3 pp is 30 EMU, which over time could amount to a lot of missed carry capacity (approximately 30gc per load of ore/jewels) which must go into the equation too.

IEDP is by no means cheap in the long term, I would actually consider it more expensive than FPs, but the tradeoff is the cooldown.

And yes, I eat dead people, and have from day one of it being ingame :D

Would I do the same for mana? Personally no, but then I don't use magic all that much so it wouldn't benefit me. I could see the benefit for other player types however (summoners immediately springs to mind)

IEDP is not cheap in the long term? If you get a good deal on bones(10k bones for 15k gc),thats 100k food points with no cooldown. If you spend them same amount on Feasting Potions(15k for 1071 FP's), you get 48k food with cooldown?. Please explain how that is not cheaper since you have to spend 30k gc to get the same amount of food from bones as FP's. :P

Also, 3 PP wont get you 30 EMU. Last I checked, EMU went up 20 for every 2 PP spent, and 3 would give you 20 EMU with 1 PP left over. If you want to get into PP distribution there is a very simple perk called Power Hungry that can offset the 3 PP. I have both perks and they have never cause me any trouble.

This perk differs from the FP's/Bones because of the fact that one SR does not completely refill your ethereal points, as feasting potions do food points. To make this perk work it would take 1 Ogre Toe refilling maybe 2-3 ethereal pints, so that it doesn't mess up the 20 EP per SR. As a potioner if this perk went into game, I doubt i would ever sell many more SR's, because of the relative ease/cost of Ogre Toes.

Edited by fyrrflyy

I Eat Ogre Toes

I liked the idea lol :P

[Plain]

that perk if implented, and i doubt it will be, is much too powerful LoL... 10 mana + no cooldown? carry 300 or 400 of em ( like mango said ) and u get ur self a pretty big amount of mana that u can refill whenever u like ^^

So what makes food allowed to be restored this much but not mana?

[Plain]

I Eat Ogre Toes

I liked the idea lol :happy:

[Plain]

[Plain]

Mana is like health.Imagine if there was a perk making you eat whatever(smth easy to harv) and get 10 hp and no cooldown

Food level is quite a different property to health or mana, so drawing parallels between food mana recovery isn't appropriate.

• Food level has a fixed limit, where as health and mana limits increase with time.
  • Health and mana recover naturally as food level decreases naturally.
  • Health and mana are reserves which are used up during critical times. If they where easily recovered, then the game unravels.
  • Food is used up during mixing (cf. fatigue), which is not a critical situation, in which cooldown limits mass production.
  • "I Eat Dead People" perk costs PPs, and converts bones to food points; but bones cannot be bought from NPCs; somebody has to go hunting to get supplies.

On the other hand, food which also restored some amount of mana or health could work; it would still have to be subject to food cooldown, and you cannot eat if you are already full.

I am not talking about health lol I said Ethereal points :confused: Ummm maybe I'm confused :/

[Plain]

I am not talking about health lol I said Ethereal points
The posts above are answering this question:
Food level is quite different parameter to mana level, while mana and health have more in common, though there are still differences which have to be recognised (eg, a 'Restoration' for mana would break the game). Edited by trollson

But how did we get on the topic of health? I am talking about ethereal points :) I forgot mana was health (I sometimes get those 2 mixed up).

[Plain]

Plain's idea would make it very easy for me to train magic and summon...I'd like it, as it saves time, but it's not good for the game itself imo.

But how did we get on the topic of health?

Health and mana are more similar.You can't say that mana is like food.If there would be ogre toes that recharge mana even with cooldown ppl will train magic too easy and this would affect: a/d training, pking and much more.And as i said on my upper post similar thing would happen if health would be so easy to recharge.

Edited by Garnoo

But how did we get on the topic of health?

Health and mana are more similar.You can't say that mana is like food.If there would be ogre toes that recharge mana even with cooldown ppl will train magic too easy and this would affect: a/d training, pking and much more.And as i said on my upper post similar thing would happen if health would be so easy to recharge.

But like I said the ogre toes would not recharge man/health.....I said ethereal points :P

Lol wtf I thought it was health :P My bad....

Edited by plainlofa

Lol wtf I thought it was health :pinch: My bad....

rofl if you were thinking about health for that perk, it would be more easy on pk fights.... 200 ogre toes = 2k hp ... without cooldown its too easy... then when u run out of ogre toes, just pk normally with SRs and stuf OO'

eek sounds a bit odd. eating ded people is nice and all but do we really need ogre toes? i buy sr's all the time, if this happend (New perk) i would get it right away. and my friend who i hired just to make potions would lose my buisness. + all pkers would get the perk to. i don't think this is a good idia

There is a big difference between bone ("I Eat Dead People") and Ogre Toes:

• Bones enter the game through spawns, a limited rate.
  • Ogre Toes are a harvestable resource, an unlimited supply; a dozen people can sit around a single plant and harvest 24/7 if they wanted.

Also consider the effect on Crown of Life and Restoration:

• Crown of Life gives a massive boost to maximum health when worn.
  • Restoration restore health to its maximum, so is far more a potent spell than in pre-Crown days.
  • Restoration is limited by mana (and HE, also only dependant on harvestables).
  • "I Eat Ogre Toes" removes the restrictions on mana recovery.

Combat becomes a contest of how much you can carry, with Restoration using 4 HE & 2½ Ogre Toes, 6½ emu, characters could easily expend 14,000 health [1] during a single combat.

Food, health, and mana are interconnected. When changing the nature of one, the knock-on effects on the others need to be considered. This is why people have been talking about all three in the context of the original suggestion.

[1] Emu of c.500, carrying ingredients for 70 Restorations, having 100 natural health plus crown, and restoring at c.50 health remaining.