Eternal Lands Official Forums
luciferx

Light posts all over aeth aeflan

his bullshit

actually i quit and went a month without donateng after the bullshit with lock and nienora...

Then radu talked with me and i bought the rostos and i started donting again..

This time i wont be so easy to get back.

Please lock my forums acccount. I don't want to get in trouble and im starting to get irrationally angry and might talk about things I shouldnt like How i had to sell Dezm ASAP because I was threatened to have Dezm locked when I started making A big stink about Dushan/lorck/nienoa/etc.. getting rediculous exp in a/d (up to 2mil per hour). thank you. I shuldn't be posting anyway nothing matters.

LuciferX.

Edited by LuciferX

Well, there is pvp. If you don't like pvp, there is giant in thelinor (there are still giant in ziranki too?). If you dont like one single giant, there is achims. And dragon. And pk.

But if you don't like anything above, maybe you try to not take gelly if you plan to go to maps which give damage, like AA.

Try to use other in game features, not only a part of a map which is almost useless at night, cuz it gives damage and its hard to see its best feature: giant.

Edited by Lorck

the darkness ruins the game and makes it less fun. The devs can deny it all they want, and try to make uop for it with items liek nuight vision goggles and fancy capes, But the bottom line is it is less fun with darkness and they players know it. There is no benefit to any player fighter or not with this.

Edited by LuciferX

no offence luci but making giants easyer to see would just help the very strong fighters.

like it or not this game will keep getting things added, i mean the next update is going to be huge!

Im sure there will be things people will like and hate about it.

I dont like change so im not sure if i even want this huge update, but things change and there isnt really much you can do about it.

no offence luci but making giants easyer to see would just help the very strong fighters.

like it or not this game will keep getting things added, i mean the next update is going to be huge!

I dont like change so im not sure if i even want this huge update, but things change and there isnt really much you can do about it.

Can you please tell me how the need for perception to see in the dark has made your game play more fun or had a positive impact on you? Please do... i think many want to hear a positive thing about it...

everyone i have talked to sees it as an annoyance added to the game.. a need that were were given that was unnecessary. anyone of any level would have trouble finding a monster not just a high level drowning in damage pools looking for monsters he cant find. I would think a low level looking for animals in dp forrest would have as much trouble as I would findign deer and foxes.

so please let us know how it has improved your game play many are intrested to hear it, and im sure ppl who dont liek me would love to rub it in my face :lipssealed:

Can you please tell me how the need for perception to see in the dark has made your game play more fun or had a positive impact on you? Please do... i think many want to hear a positive thing about it...

everyone i have talked to sees it as an annoyance added to the game.. a need that were were given that was unnecessary. anyone of any level would have trouble finding a monster not just a high level drowning in damage pools looking for monsters he cant find. I would think a low level looking for animals in dp forrest would have as much trouble as I would findign deer and foxes.

so please let us know how it has improved your game play many are intrested to hear it, and im sure ppl who dont liek me would love to rub it in my face :D

Ok you got me there, i hate the perception too.

But i never said i liked it ;)

Well i must say it does make the game more of a chanenge.

Edited by xbox360

what it does is creat a need for other attributes, ive never liked the fact that all you use to need for attributes was p/c/w and this has made it better for alot of us, if we put points into perception (like we know the"real" fighters have not) we can see them b4 they can see us and we can get past them in PK areas. it doesnt take that much perception to make you see very well, back b4 i reset i had 8 perception i think, and when it was added i couldnt hardly see a difference at all. sometimes it doesnt take just brute force to be the best fighter.

the darkness ruins the game and makes it less fun. The devs can deny it all they want, and try to make uop for it with items liek nuight vision goggles and fancy capes, But the bottom line is it is less fun with darkness and they players know it. There is no benefit to any player fighter or not with this.

Luciferx no offense but can you lift the darkness in real life and get everywhere bright at night? I think the developers might have wanted to add some reality into the game. If you want to hunt with bright light all around how about hunting on daytime and do something like pvp after sunset?

sometimes it doesnt take just brute force to be the best fighter.

Not but in EL helps a lot :) Dont blame who has everything in p/c , blame the game mechanisms instead.

If there was a real magic skill in game that could have a chance in pk prolly we would see less brute force fighters. I real hope the arch range skill bring something fresh, a/d at least for me is becoming much less attractive that i litery drag myself to the yeti cave to do 500k / day :) I must thank luciferx thou to make it a bit more fun last night :)

I couldn't find my peace in the first few days with this either, Luci.

But ffs, it doesn't matter if you think this sucks or not. Not everyone sees this as a destruction of their fun. I found it weird not being able to see further then 5 squares away sometimes. Now I find it fun to know I can sit somewhere and hide without being found by anyone that passes by. It also makes me feel more comfortable if I am trying to get somewhere fast and it requires me to pass through a PK map. Its a bit more strategic this way.

(Like VotD-SKF through KF)

Imo, improvement. Even tho I know many disagree.

I don't want to get in trouble and im starting to get irrationally angry

Welcome to the club, talking helps, I'm on channel 666 when you need it. - Yes, I suffer the same sometimes. And I can help.

-Blee

Luciferx no offense but can you lift the darkness in real life and get everywhere bright at night? I think the developers might have wanted to add some reality into the game. If you want to hunt with bright light all around how about hunting on daytime and do something like pvp after sunset?

Reality huh... This is a game my point is that certain things make the game less fun. Reality is what we play a game to escape.. if they want to really make it real we should have to level a skill as a job for 30% of our play time and call it our job before we can do another skill theres reality for you.

But since u like reality so much why not implement random poison then because in real life people get sick at random. maybe 1/10000 chance every time u eat a food u have chance of cavity and cant eat til u pay 1k dental bill. Why not implement when u alch and its dark maybe u should fail more because your tired and when u r tired u make more mistakes. If its light and we want to go outisde maybe glare should make us not see so much either and engineers can make sun glasses for us. Maybe they should make us less lucky and make us get a Lucky rabbits foot to be able to make a EFE theres another idea for ur engineering skill. Maybe every mid-april tax man should come and vaporize 30% of our gc. Do u have insurance for ur weaponry? Someone can get hurt :) why not make % of gc dissapprear monthly based on ur asenal for insurance... because these are real things but they would also make the game less fun :)

Edited by LuciferX

Maybe you would prefer we do total character wipes and resets so that we can fix the game mechanics, rather than add things that would gradually do so without making people lose everything they have.

I wouldnt mind at all Aislinn and im being serious if it was for ALL players it would be fun :hehe: afterall its just bits and bytes why not ?

Maybe you would prefer we do total character wipes and resets so that we can fix the game mechanics, rather than add things that would gradually do so without making people lose everything they have.

Cool idea :hehe: Lets pander to the whims of a few people just because something exists ingame they dont like :omg:

Saying that even in sarcastic manner aislinn give people the wrong idea that if they moan loud enough and long enough things will be changed to suit them ... then where does it end ?

Amazng how all my enemies post just to post against me even on this issue. And aislinn Your alsways negative on here unless its your friends posting even on a rediculous topic like cookware lol.

No she isn't and i think its messed up that Instead of someone posting a legitimate good reason for the darkness people just try to be mean to mke or say things to push my buttons. I suggested the darkness be removed and instead of being told why it shouldnt im being instigated.

What purpose is there in your suggesting they wipe all the characters??? thats just obnoxious.

Instead of someone posting a legitimate good reason for the darkness

I'm thinking of a Rogue class type, needs high instinct and goes well with the ranged weapons skill.

Thou i must agree this darkness thing only impacts in negative terms once more in the fighter skill class.

can we please have this thread locked, the darkness only last for 2 hours so its really no big deal. some of us have worked hard on our chars/stats so no reason to threaten stats wipe. i have enjoyed all the changes positive or negative and it just allows us to change our same ol boring routines. thanks for the great game that has kept me entertained for over 2.5 years.

can we please have this thread locked, the darkness only last for 2 hours so its really no big deal. some of us have worked hard on our chars/stats so no reason to threaten stats wipe. i have enjoyed all the changes positive or negative and it just allows us to change our same ol boring routines. thanks for the great game that has kept me entertained for over 2.5 years.

IMO, this guy deserves a prize. :icon13::D

-Blee

No she isn't and i think its messed up that Instead of someone posting a legitimate good reason for the darkness people just try to be mean to mke or say things to push my buttons. I suggested the darkness be removed and instead of being told why it shouldnt im being instigated.

What purpose is there in your suggesting they wipe all the characters??? thats just obnoxious.

I was not in any way trying to piss anyone off or push anyones buttons, i was just posting what i think.

And wiping all the characters would lose Radu ALOT OF $$$$$!!!

So that is not a good idea.

You have totally missed the point on just about everything to do with this issue.

1. The purpose is to make more of the attributes used. It is also to force people to take some of those pickpoints and put them somewhere else other than p/c.

2. The game mechanics ARE a bit messed up. People have WAY too much pp's in p/c only, because of no cap and the negative perks. Like it or not, something has to be done to fix it. It can either be done in one fell swoop with changing the entire system (and by necessity character wipes as well) or it can be done in other ways (hence THIS inclusion of perception and darkness and night vision or lack of it) and people can keep their hard earned items and stats.

This was not put in to ruin your gaming fun. It was put in for game balance for the good of the entire game. This is a beta game. Sometimes things don't work out quite as planned and steps have to be taken to correct them.

I was not suggesting a character wipe, nor was I threatening it. I was pointing out that some fixes need to be made and that is ONE way it could be done, so count your blessings everything possible is being tried a different way.