Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scratch

Bigfoot

Bigfoot is well known for not being seen. So I would propose he have a reverse ignore level. If you have a high enough level to kill him, he would actively run away. Or perhaps, run away from everyone. You would almost have to organize a hunting party to corner this creature.

bigfoot1.jpg

It would be neat to see one wondering through a forested area.

Edited by Scratch

I dont know about bigfoot maybe a nother type of creature.. but i do like the idea of a monster that people have to "hunt". maybe a monster with highresitance to magic and runs away when harmed (maybe cant be poisoned) and when engagned in combat could heal 50 hp every 30 secs or something. i know yetis/giants were meant to hunted in groups but theres only 1 actual spot (afaik) thats multi and non pk with 2 yetis, rest are non multi and pk with artics. maybe im just rambling

In EL the Bigfoot is going by the name of "Yeti".

The Yeti "is well known for not being seen" as most who venture to the natural habitat of the Yeti will not survive the experience.

The Yeti "is well known for not being seen" as most who venture to the natural habitat of the Yeti will not survive the experience.

Sasquatch - Forrest Bigfoot

Yeti - A 'Bigfoot' creature living in cold areas

Other names for the asian type bigfoot besides Yeti: Migyur, Almas, Yeren, Gin-sung

and I am sure there are other names for the american/canadian type as well (

So they could be 'brothers' ancient genetically speaking, 1 type for cold areas, 1 type for forrest areas

I like the idea of hunting an animal with a group.

The Yeti (and also bigfoot) are perfect candidates for such a monster.

GarfieldClown

lol bigfoot is a yeti

---

Yeti, a term used mostly for a similar creature as bigfoot alleged to live in the Himalayan mountain range.

just change it color :X

bigfoot = yeti is like saying mountain lion = african lion

And it is beside the point. Bigfoot wondering the forests of say Whitestone could be as hard to kill as a yeti but it could be a passive creature. It could have a reverse ignore level were it would actively run away from players rather than attack. It would take a team effort to track down & kill one. Maybe it could drop a book like yeti fighting. :)

Actually our Yeti can't be bigfoot. Everybody saw them!

j/k

yeah i like that, make him so that like he has a little camp area in whatever forest he would be in, not a human camp, like a little animal den or something and when u approach him if ur high enough lv he runs away, and make it so when hes running he could summon rabbits or some newb animals at u... just a thought

I like the Idea of "Hunting" And maybe just make the existing yeti brown and make him run away from people.

Cool Idea

...or just keep the Yeti white

yeah i like that, make him so that like he has a little camp area in whatever forest he would be in, not a human camp, like a little animal den or something and when u approach him if ur high enough lv he runs away, and make it so when hes running he could summon rabbits or some newb animals at u... just a thought

just like the yeti, except he may not run away when you invade his "little camp area"

the yeti is only impossible to find for most is because of where and how it is situated i think what was proposed was a monster that runs away from you because its either afraid or just very very shy ,so in order to catch it you would have to corner it

Yeti:

http://www.anonymousphilanthropist.com/jot...me-yeti-die.jpg

Bigfoot:

http://perso.orange.fr/cryptozoo/vedettes/bigfoot.jpg

you see they are two different creatures, and like all the bigfoot photo's on google say, it is running away, and in the Yeti photo's, the Yeti is aggresive. This makes them different.

i would really like to see this ngame :)

I dont care what you say, bigfoot isnt a yeti. It may be related to it someway or another but they are two different creatures. This could be like a mountain chim and artic chim thing. Yeti= Cold places....Bigfoot= forest places. And i love the hunting idea...it would make this animal super hard to kill and plus beef up his adpc. If the summoning thing could be implemented that would be cool too. Maybe if this monster was put in the game, only put like 2 in the whole game and make them hard to find. They could switch maps but only to certain ones so u could actually have a chance of finding it.

Edited by Kidberg7

i believe what he suggested was a unique monster, one of a kind, hard to find, hard to kill,

unlike Yeties, they are being trained on a LOT

You got it. I have seen my share of yeti in Trassin & Hulda. None have ran from me & if I were to remove my MM cloak I am sure I would be taking the scenic route through the underworld.

All I am saying is that the bigfoot of EL is the Yeti. The RL bigfoot you are talking about is a figment of your imagination.

Bigfoot is not a figment of my imagination. I posted a picture of one. :D I hope you are not suggesting we remove the unicorn, feran, phantom warrior etc. because they are based in imagination. :(

What's RL? :D Is that a new or old game?

In my opinion, I'm not a fan of a bigfoot concept. I mean having a Yeti is fine, big, strong powerful, feared and a nightmare for newbs. But if we think of bigfoot I think of a giant ape that runs around hiding from people, a comical monster. What I think the game would rather have is depthful monsters, not shallow things the media "shows". The game should not be made into a place where clowns, ninja's and "Shadowy figures" run around and make a mockery. While a game I think that depth would be given by putting monsters that cannot be taken in in that manner.

In my opinion, I'm not a fan of a bigfoot concept. I mean having a Yeti is fine, big, strong powerful, feared and a nightmare for newbs. But if we think of bigfoot I think of a giant ape that runs around hiding from people, a comical monster. What I think the game would rather have is depthful monsters, not shallow things the media "shows". The game should not be made into a place where clowns, ninja's and "Shadowy figures" run around and make a mockery. While a game I think that depth would be given by putting monsters that cannot be taken in in that manner.

In a word: fluffy

Well, the fluffy is different. I mean look at it! It kills people like we eat Tic Tacs, it is one word that can lag out newbs from playing. While they are slightly comical there is a sense of dread, death and outright evil. A fluffy will hunt you down, and they have proven themselves not be a a pure comic relief.

Bigfoot in game (Imagination)

"Lol at bigfoot, he runs w3ll"

"Lets try to pwn it with the new sword I got"

"Wow, kk lets get off this island and look for it XD"

@@ 1:lol, bigfoot it such a funny creature lal

Well, the fluffy is different. I mean look at it! It kills people like we eat Tic Tacs, it is one word that can lag out newbs from playing. While they are slightly comical there is a sense of dread, death and outright evil. A fluffy will hunt you down, and they have proven themselves not be a a pure comic relief.

Bigfoot in game (Imagination)

"Lol at bigfoot, he runs w3ll"

"Lets try to pwn it with the new sword I got"

"Wow, kk lets get off this island and look for it XD"

@@ 1:lol, bigfoot it such a funny creature lal

Perhaps you fear the fluff. Everytime I see one all I can think of is Tim the Enchanter bellowing,"Death awaits you all with big sharp pointy teeth, aaarrrggghhh". I have played dodge the fluff on GP several times with some good success. So its hunting capabilities are flawed. They don't actually hunt anyway. They wonder aimlessly until they blunder near some poor unwary sap & writes them a death certificate.

Assuming that it would be given stats like a yeti but passive & have a repulsion feature, I think people would be in for a nasty surprise when they did manage to attack it. For even more fun, a berserker feature could be added, were if it gets cornered it would turn aggresive for a short period of time & attack any players near it. Hopefully starting with the weakest player.

I couldn't say it any better :)

I couldn't say it any better :P

As several people have pointed out, the yeti has been seen by plenty of people & many have survived the experience. So , if you can't say it better, please don't spam. Perhaps you have some constructive criticism?

Anyway, the real question: is the repulse feature programmable or not? If it's possible, maybe we can get some more opinions that don't just simply dismiss the idea but provide information as to why it should not be done (assuming the Dev team doesn't hate the idea).

pros:

Promotes co-operation between players to sight, track & hunt the creature.

Adds a mystical & curious nature to the game, like the Unicorn.

(Bigfoot=mystical & curious, Yeti=dangerous & forboding)

cons: ??

Is there really any? You could easily ignore the creature & not participate in a hunting party.

Ummm... isn't there a rule about reviving dead/old threads, i remember posting on this thread like 4-5 months ago.