Eternal Lands Official Forums

I think it would be a good idea if you guys updated the EL main site's archives. Like the links for items and creatures and stuff. They are already started and look good, why not finish them?

As you can see, a lot has already been done and more is to come.

I doubt it will ever be "finished" though as new things are constantly added to the game.

On a more specific note; what would you like to see updated specifically? (Please try not to say "I dunno, all I guess", as constructive critizism is always much better)

Its missing all the new body armor and even pictures for the old ones. I know there is alot of items and creatures in the game and there is alot of work to be done. But if they could just organize and finish the sections off they would look much nicer. I just say this so people have something to look at before the decide to download a new game.

yeah, he has a point, i didnt have much to look at either, just seeing the formulas b4 u DL a game doesnt help, t actually see the monsters and equipment would have made me alot less sceptical, i waited 3 days after finding it to actually try it just b/c i had to DL it and the page wasnt teribly visually attractive.

and i didnt know of the CEL site at that point in time :blink:

The main site is a work in progress, maybe you could volunteer and provide some information to make it move along a bit faster?

And the CEL site is listed ON the main site...

and the page wasnt teribly visually attractive.

would that be the old or new (current) web page?

i didnt have much to look at either, just seeing the formulas b4 u DL a game doesnt help

You are right. I think those formulas should be removed, but until we have something to actually put there I think it is better if it stays.

Well I will take suggestions on how to make the main website better. Is it just the lack of content on the items pages?

that was a big part of it to me, i looked at the items page and my first thought was, eh, there isnt much in this game.

and i was also wondering if the shop page was up to date, ive heard u can purchase things that rnt listed on that page.

Edited by Happy_G

Maybe you could make the players online page look like the other pages (with the grey background and marking on the sides). The other pages look pleasing to the eye but then the players online page just looks different and (no offence) a little ugly.

EDIT: by ugly i meant the colour^^

Edited by jowwow

Maybe you could make the players online page look like the other pages (with the grey background and marking on the sides). The other pages look pleasing to the eye but then the players online page just looks different and (no offence) a little ugly.

EDIT: by ugly i meant the colour^^

I'm not particularly interested in the "players online" page being "pretty." I want it to be informative. The less graphics there, the better. I think it's perfect as it is.

The players online page matches the old EL website. It just wasn't tops on the list to redo, and as sufi says, as long as it's informative, that's what counts. It will eventually get changed to match the new site.

I agree, it is more important that the website is more informative, but what I said is relevant to the thread which started the topic.

I think it would be a good idea if you guys updated the EL main site's archives. Like the links for items and creatures and stuff. They are already started and look good, why not finish them?

The help guides on the web site: I think, it would be a good idea to inform players about the in game encyclopedia and FAQ's.

So lets add something to the list of the 3 guides like:

You can read more guides and FAQs in game by clicking on the "?" icon and then on the "Help", "Skills" and "Encyclopedia" tabs.

Piper

Personally I think the items page would be better with simply pictures and brief descriptions of items instead of the formulas. With emphasis on the weapons and armors, particularly the new ones, since it seems that is what quite a lot of players looking to try a new game are interested in. Like some nice screenies of players with the full sets of armor equipped.