Eternal Lands Official Forums
mufossa

The Update

Almost exactly what Miles said as well.

I had been hoping for a Ring (maybe rare mix when mixing c2 rings) that would have the effect of the spell.

Actually I do have a criticism.

For the last few months, crafters have been able to make a small amount of profit selling C2 rings. True, not everyone bought them (some walked over the long way) but it was a nice sale.

Now we have the spell.

Recently we had mana destruction rings.

Now we have the red cape.

So what exactly is crafting good for? I mean, other than the challange of leveling in it, sales have pretty much went to pot.

In the future can we look towards crafting finished goods that are short cutted by everything else?

I see your point, but crafters have reduced the price of crowns (which is good for us) while making a tidy profit themselves... I was recently charged 10k + ingreds for mine... Someone will probably correct me, but I don't think even the top manuers can claim such margins on any single item. However, I agree that a loss of sales by any name is still a loss of sales, and is likely to upset the affected people! :P

As for the update...I think my favourites will have to be the vials and easier travel between continents. The new spawns are also quite a coup, and it is clear they are well planned. *Raises hat to the dev team*

However, I'm just a bit worried about the phantoms....i was bashing them like 30 - 40 levels ago, and it would be a little embarassing to get pwned by one! :D

I see your point, but crafters have reduced the price of crowns (which is good for us) while making a tidy profit themselves... I was recently charged 10k + ingreds for mine... Someone will probably correct me, but I don't think even the top manuers can claim such margins on any single item
yes we can, and do(look at the plates, there's similar markup). but we don't make much out of it, that cash is mostly to cover losses... the more expensive the item, the greater the loss... and it's not like there's a huge market for these things anyway

The npc there is a "copy" of crisan (the "advanced swords" blacksmith) and it is probably being worked on. Just a minor detail :P

Also, now with the new spawn changes traveling in irilion has become quite fun :D

All in all, a good update

Yep, right.

It will be fixed soon.

Despite the crafters pleas, I think this spell was long overdue. But it doesn't necessarily mean everyone will stop using their rings.

The cost to cast ITP is just over 200gc (depending on your pricing), putting it cheaper then most c2 rings as well as antisocial ferry fees but despite this, its still imo a tad expensive.

And since magic is one of the few skills which doesn't generate any money (in comparison crafters with their recent crowns), this is a welcome addition. If there was a ring to other conts portal room I'd love to see how much it woulc cost to make/buy/sell :P

Still, I like the spell and my only problem is that I don't have enough quickspells to accomodate it! (6 is too few :D)

Oh and phantoms should have 1 magic resistance and say 20 mana. They've had a great buff up though. Superb ;D

Edit: Life Drain is super now, again a long overdue thing but now its glorious personified

Edited by MagpieLee

I love the update Ent, the new resources are not a walk in the park to get which makes the game more exciting.

Can't wait for an army of summonable phantoms in the future...

Please ignore crowns. While I'm glad we have the ability to make them... I doubt crafters are making all that many. And, as has already been stated, the 10k gc fee covers our losses.

Comparison with manufacturers? Ok, let's compare then:

Steel Plate Armor (top manu item with level 60 requirement)

XP: 2600

Crown of Life (top craft item with level 60 requirement)

XP: 1050

Top Craft items: 2 (Crown of Life, Crown of Mana)

Top Manu items: depends on how you count, but numerous steel and tit plate armor pieces, weapons and the uber rare ability to make things like Steel Helm of Mana.

Hey guys, its only been one day since the update, ok? Unless we're all amateur economists in our spare time, I doubt we can predict the effect the changes will have. So why not sit back, give it a few weeks, then get into the debates about it?

Kudos to ent, nice update, I'm still checking things out, so won't comment yet, but its looking good. ;)

HAHAHA, those new Phantom Warriors are teh funny. 5-6 of them make me restore, but after killing 9 of them I got 467gc. ;)

Nice money drops from those.

-Blee

The mercury in KF is really great idea :cry: takes ppl to kf again ;)

(the flufs and chim draw ppl too i guess;p)

Edited by WildIce

However, I'm just a bit worried about the phantoms....i was bashing them like 30 - 40 levels ago, and it would be a little embarassing to get pwned by one! :cry:

lol I got pwnd by one today. If you don't watch your mana closely, you can have a nasty surprise. ;)

And I agree with Lee. The phantom warrior is great for magic training, but at level 40 MDing with a partner is usually better. So some mana would be nice. :cry:

I haven't started crafting yet, so I really only have an outsiders opinion, but I do agree... craft is at a disadvantage right now.

The update is awesome, all the new stuff is great. Thanks to all the devs. You guys r teh r0x! ;D

P.S.

I think Mortos is a bit mad about the GIWS warning everyone about his invasions... maybe he is mad enough to attempt destroying Draia completely, with an invasion like none other. *poke poke* :cry:

Edited by Alderan

I have to agree with Ghrae....Everything the crafters can make is replaced by something. I am starting to craft some and am wondering if its really worth it or not. Maybe something in an update to come to get crafting appealing again.

I dont mean this to be taking a shot at ent or bitching because thats not what its intended to do.

But yes he may be making it harder for crafters, hes been making it harder for all of us, well mabie not fighters, but take potions first, he took our vials and at first everyone was bitching about it me inc, but good did come out of the vials going poof.

This is Beta and theres going to be adjusting accuring, if your not liking what one of the skills is then just done train it, if your wanting to make money then stick to somthing everyone needs.

Ok on seconds thoughts that was as bad as what i had in my head :P

Oh btw GREAT UPDATE ENT, I LOVE IT

Edited by Joshyboy

I love the new update Entropy. It is a smashing success. I agree with the wait and see on the changes and no I am not an economist. I do know a good bit about economics though and the way things work economically in EL after all I am in RICH. J/K What I want to say is that the monster changes have made travel in Irilion a lot more hazardous so that could increase ring orders; but with the spell being so much cheaper in cost it will probably cancel out. The weaker players will not be able to come to Irilion and do much of anything without monster magnetism and those with magic will be using the spell so that almost completely eliminates the market for Irilion rings.

If this is the way things work out then increasing the level of the spell to 70 or just massively increasing the mana cost to around 150 should reduce the usage of the spell enough to make sure the increased ring orders do not slack off. The reduction in lower level travelers will be hard enough without the spell taking most of the rest of the travelers out of the ring market as well. Since the rings eat up so much stuff for ingredients this will definitely be a step backwards from the great strides we are making in reducing the mass production side of the economy. Crafters do need something besides the crowns to make profits on and Irilion rings are very good for them so hopefully we can keep them on the market. I don't see any reason not to give the spell a chance but why not keep in mind that it might need changing to keep crafting a viable skill in the game.

It is already enormously expensive to level crafting because of the papers and now the molds so let's look to giving them a break if we can since new items do have a tendency to cancel the usefulness of some of the things that crafters depend on for income. Thanks for listening Entropy and thanks again for all of the monster changes, map changes, the vial seller and the spell of course too. :P

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Yes, I think I will increase that spell to level 50, afterall it is a potent spell and slightly cheaper than the rings (not by much though).

Ent said:

Yes, I think I will increase that spell to level 50, afterall it is a potent spell and slightly cheaper than the rings (not by much though).

Leave it at 35, make the never fail 70, but instead of the spell just failing between those levels, have a failure send you to the underworld. (Like hellspawn)

Afaik mag lvl on which u dont get fails is always 28 lvls more than required, restore: 21-49, mana drain 40-68, and so on. But idea of sending ppl to underworld in case of spell failure is great :P

eMPi