Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dushan

Yeti :)

....umm if you guys read when roja posted pics, they were meant to be teamed by 5-7 lvl 70-80 a/d people. point is for you and your guildies to work together have some fun killing a huge monster.

I disagree the_voice. I teamed Yetis with Puna. We both got damage and thats because of teamwork, you can mana drain the Yeti and the last person who mana drains it gets to take the damage.

If you could train on it that easily, you would get rich way too fast. If coord is dropped, so should the money be.

you didnt think youre post thru ask Scarr i can kill it w/ a sword in 30 seconds or less if it were for GC. LOL I DONT CARE ABouT THE GOLD I WANT TO TRAIN,,and chaoogi to anwser youre post yes adding saved pp is tempting but then i wont have any pvp at all also ...if mountain chim had a multiple spawn like double fluff spawn in imbriglio OR even better 30 second respawn time it would be better to train but i kill Mountain chim in 45 seconds then i wait 50 seconds to spawn so if i train 10 hours i get experience for 4.5 hours and i wait 5.5 hours which forces to pvp and pvp isnt fun..killing the monsters is! training fluff is a pleasure 30 sec respawn and 250 hp..i dont understand why people w/ high ad cant have a monster with 30 sec respawn ..it seems the higher youre a.d is and the more exp you need to next level the less exp you get per hour..we need more ballance in the leveling system monsters need bigger a.d ..and i hate to repeat my self but i dont understand why Mountain chims dont have 30 sec respawn time...why make us wait 50 seconds when we could be fighting and having fun??????????

i agree at 100%..btw i had 993gc from 1 yeti

Edited by TooMass

Muf and Toom have 100% right

ppl who train on fluff (80-90a/d) have ~300k oa exp /h cous of short respawn and big hp from fluff, and they need like 1-1,5m to next a/d lvl

ppl from top a/d who train on chims(desert and mountain cous arctic and forest r untrainable) got ~200k/h

and some of us got even 10m to next lvl(or 19,6m to oa lvl ;p)

the reason of this is: only 180hp (dcw) or 200 hp( mc) and big respawn times

all high lvl players make low exp on monsters, no exeption, only thing we have is pvp(~300k/h , mainly def exp), but 2 make pvp all the time is kinda boring, so fast respawn will help

new monsters: not that high a/d ,very big p/c and respawn time, so when some1 someday is strong enough 2 train on yeti barehanded s/he will get low exp 2, cous s/he will hit them hard and s/he will waste big amount of time waiting 4 respawn

my post is pretty long but i tried 2 write all what is need 2 understand the situation of high lvl players

im pretty newb in writing posts (my 2nd on el forum) so dont bitch on me ppl, pretty plx :)

ty 4 ur attention,

cu around in eL

eMPi

Add to the fact there are to few chims spawns.

Number of yeti spawns: 5 --> people who train on them: 0?

Number of giant spawns: 5 --> people who train on them: 0

Number of artic chim spawns: 2 --> people who train on them:0

Number of desert chim spawns: 3 --> people who train on them: 20+

Number of mountain chim spawns: 2 --> people who train on them 5+ if some people spend their pps.

Number of forest chim spawns: 4 --> people who train on them: 0, since they are just stupid to train on.

And they are boring to train on, so you need to mix itens, while you await the respawn.

And people was crying that there was too few chim spawns before. And was added new monster spawns who solved a problem who does not even existed since no one have a/d/p/c to train on them.

Edited by Lorck

Jep true, all new monsters get too high p/c, look at hobgoblins, i'm mid 60's and they still pwn me with beats of 30 damage, they almost kill me when I don't restore, and they give 20 a/d exp, I don't believe someone actually on lower levels who get nice exp can train on this... it's a waste of monsters imo.

I just dont think that its fair to force a reset on soemone because they got too strong. Mufossas health bar should not be 165. The only way to level at very high a/d is to reset and be too weak to hurt the monster and just get by on what a high defense level gives u for protection. I think the easy fix would just be to reduce the spawn time on high level monsters, and of course adding more spawns would be a plus. Then our strong players can enjoy their strength instead of hide from it.

Yeah i agree. Fluffy is the best monster to train on, as mentioned before huge hp and short respawn time. Like n44bster erm masterpiter said 80/90 even 100+ a/d people have great monster to train on etc. But training the same monster over and over again (around 1 year) seems to be boring, no? So i moved to Bethel... But now I have around 190k oa per hour from desert chim, more from mountain chim (but i am still too weak to train on it). Both give too low exp if you take into account that i need over 10M exp to get a new oa. New monsters have too much p/c to train on them. And my 3 cents to team training.... ok, but only serping them for fun and gc. Real training is to kill monster barehand 1 vs 1 to get nice att and def exp.

I am not bitching, but that are facts :)

Edited by NitageR

What has already been said is true in every way, I have reset 5 times, and can already see that I will have to continue to do so to combat the monotony that is inherant to the problems mentioned above.

HOWEVER, to their credit, the creators, DID make an attempt to break the monotony, and fix certain things, which we should give them credit for, and it IS good to have a chalenge that is WAY over our heads for all the quest hunters out there, for legends and lore and role playing... not to mention to give u something to strive for... with a determination, or a literal vengence as the case may be.

I for one would like to see more random and unannounced invasions. But this is a different subject completely............. 8)

I agree that in a group attack, the program which points the att at the lowest player rather than a random target selection is less than optimum and too calculated for a "realistic" situation.... again one more thing that is too monotonously predictable.... and therefore borders on stupid like "pong".

As for the pps.... I think the entire system ought to be revamped as follows:

PP should be eleminated or drastically reduced to for example 10 total pp per character, to be placed where ever the player wished to lean more to a specific trade than another for example magic for a mage and artificial for a manufacturer.... basically for increasing a characters propensity for xp in a given area so that a higher magic nexus increases the skill lvl of a player in areas like enchanting and spell casting, while the same character with a low magic and high manufacter nexus would have limited success in magical areas mentioned already, based upon original pp placement... likewise the mage would have less skill in manu areas because his/her specialization would not be in that area.

Maybe the pp could be earned over time as currently, but limited in number to around 20.

Overall I think the concept of pp and nexuses controled by pp rather than xp lvls is a bad idea in its entirely for the following reasons:

All of the areas currently manipulated by pps ought to be determined by xp ratios based upon players habits, not placement of pp... ie. spend more time making pots, get more proficient at pots specifically and automatically... pp r not needed to limit production if u lack xp... we already have calculations which limit production in every catagory based upon xp... pp for nexus or any other reason for that matter r therefore totally unnecisary.

IF u must keep nexuses then.......

Character attributes ought to be directly connected to xp lvls, not totally subject to the whims of the players.

PPs should be as they are, player defined for nexus and other areas and resetable as currently, but the attributes themselves ought to be solely based upon xp, and non-resettable.

A reset ought not wipe out the attributes which should be based upon xp, but should wipe the nexus or job specification of the character only.... though imho a reset should completely reset a character to NEW and wipe all xp lvls.

It makes no sense to me that I can reset at a/d in the high 40's, based upon xp and all of a sudden the monsters I owned, now own me as if I were a noob in spite of my higher xp lvls.... xp is xp... or it should be.

I know this is a paradigm shift of sorts, but it would be way more realistic... imho.

As for the spawns.... imho it is less than logical to limit the number of spawns or even the regen time... I am here to play a game, not get sucked into an alternate universe. This game requires too much wasted time waiting to play the game, and not enough game to fill the time.

O well that is my 2 cents worth... if it's worth two cents.

Selyob