Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Apro

Eternal Lands - Reviewed

Guest Apro

Heya, players of Eternal Lands!

I'm an adminstrator from another community - which is based around online RPG's. We have a review section, and recently a member of our community (Dager) - reviewed Eternal Lands. The review is located here. Feel free to take a peek at the review, and comment on it.

Also, whenever a game is reviewed by a member of our community, infomration is placed on our Wiki, which contains help and tips on games. The page on the wiki on Eternal Lands is listed here - This page is on a wiki, so feel free to add anything useful that we haven't thought of to it.

Thanks.

(Sorry, mods, I wasn't sure whether this belonged in this forum, or an Off-Topic section. I figure because it specifically relates to Eternal Lands it belongs here. Sorry for any annoyances this newbie causes you)

Now, one can't point out the Eternal Lands community without showing off www.eternal-lands.net. This is a website created by fans, for fans. It's a resource book for anything game oriented, with a great sense of community about it. There's galleries, competitions, fan fiction and roleplaying. It's an actual fan site.. something many games these days seem to be lacking. Sure, it's also a utility site, but its just about having fun with the game at its core. A quick glance at eternal-lands.net and you'll know just how great the community over at Eternal Lands really is.

there are real fansites... that one is actually run by a dev. it has stuff from the community, but it's not really run by them

check out http://www.el-cel.com or http://www.elmanuals.com (rather out of date, though much is still accurate) for help sites made by players (actually, looking at the guilds list and clicking their homepages will give a lot more... many are forums, but then the guild forums hae help on EL as well). there used to also be a site at http://o.tfm.ro that also gave a lot of help, but that one has recently gone out of service

Play this game.. or else!
:)

Noticed that too, figured it was a typo.

Just in case he didn't know, green is used to determine exp till next level :)

hehe good review :)

actually someone that actually looks into the game unlike some reviewers <.<

Edited by RolandR1

Nice review. That is how i found El. Through a review. I bless whoever wrote it. It is pretty acurate and describing compared to most reviews or Mmorpg listers. If i were a nonEl player and i saw that review i would go right away to its main site and try it out(took me awhile to actually go to el, i had thought it was going to be a really babyish game but how wrong i was!). Great work.

Just in case he didn't know, green is used to determine exp till next level :brooding:

and dont forget that as EL is a classless game, said xp most of the time shows overall, but can be set to show any skill. just click the skill you want to display in the stats screen.

The forums are, for lack of a better term, pure sex.

They are? :brooding:

He must of found the discussion about Ent and shoes...

rofl dont get the shoes started again :P

The forums are, for lack of a better term, pure sex.

They are? ;)

Ha Ha Ha! I was laughing so hard. Here I was expecting a word like "a thing of beauty" Instead he spits out, Pure Sex! Haha! I suppose that is one of the greatest things in the world, quite the complement. Though to be completely honest Ive never done that so I wouldnt know. :P Excellent review, good job.

well, with all the comments about eating gnomes and people having "nice" shoes, if you were an outsider, would you assume it was something else? ;)

Also, whenever a game is reviewed by a member of our community, infomration is placed on our Wiki, which contains help and tips on games. The page on the wiki on Eternal Lands is listed here - This page is on a wiki, so feel free to add anything useful that we haven't thought of to it.

I expanded the wiki, I hope you think I did a good job! :whistle:

Now, one can't point out the Eternal Lands community without showing off www.eternal-lands.net. This is a website created by fans, for fans. It's a resource book for anything game oriented, with a great sense of community about it. There's galleries, competitions, fan fiction and roleplaying. It's an actual fan site.. something many games these days seem to be lacking. Sure, it's also a utility site, but its just about having fun with the game at its core. A quick glance at eternal-lands.net and you'll know just how great the community over at Eternal Lands really is.

there are real fansites... that one is actually run by a dev. it has stuff from the community, but it's not really run by them

check out http://www.el-cel.com or http://www.elmanuals.com (rather out of date, though much is still accurate) for help sites made by players (actually, looking at the guilds list and clicking their homepages will give a lot more... many are forums, but then the guild forums hae help on EL as well). there used to also be a site at http://o.tfm.ro that also gave a lot of help, but that one has recently gone out of service

Play this game.. or else!
:whistle:

By the way, ttlanhil, thx for the additional fansites...i didn't really like eternal-lands.net and all of the sites you put there aren't blocked by that damn evil Bess block at my Secondary School! ;)

Edited by Zykim_Partisan

Umm, please remove this line: "The graphics are excellent for a game developed with C++, "

C++ does not dictate how good or bad the graphic is.

Sorry, didn't really know that.

Done and done. :whistle:

I can just forget my mistakes looking at the other one.

The game is a fully 3D isometric environment. Basically, its like a 2D isometric game but you have superior control over the camera, which doesnt sound like much but it really is.

LOL.

Great review indeed :whistle:

This should definitly help us get new members ^^

-Kat