Eternal Lands Official Forums
Soldus

Tankel

Tankel Repair  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What, if anything should influence Tankels repair ratio?

• No More Tears perk gets repair bonus
    • Artificer perk gets repair bonus
    • High Charm (crossattribute) gets bonus
    • Other Ideas (please post)
    • Tankel should stay the way it is
    • Tankel repairs too well, make the ratio worse

Should Tankel be changed? Should he fail less often for people with certain perks?

I thought the (very costly, 7PPs) No More Tears Perk could get you a better ratio for example, that's just an idea tho, what do you think?

What other ideas do you have?

I think every guild will have a character that will be doing all the fixing then. Give the character all negative perks and pick whatever perk/attribute/nexus that is usefull for repairing.

It sounds like a good idea, but i think players will just bypass it this way.

I say if we make charm affect him, he should repair women's armor more often than he does men's :) Unless he's homosexual :fire: lol dirty old men :(

Okay, being serious now. I think charm's a good idea, gives it a good push for that attribute ^_^

I voted other.

Repairing items should be a factor of SKILL, not luck. I think that people should be able to repair damaged items themsleves. For example, take the damaged item and perhaps 25% of the items needed to make it from scratch, mix them in the manu window and get a repaired item out.

For example, if a Titanium Chainmail takes this to make:

1 Enriched Fire Essence

10 Fire Essence

3 Leather

6 Thread

14 Titanium Bar

Then you should be able to repair one for something like this (25% rounded down):

1 damaged Titanium Chainmail

2 Fire Essence

1 Thread

3 Titanium Bar

Of course there's still the normal chance to loose the ingredients based on your manu level. And you might take the stuff you your guild manufacturer to do it for you.

It would be a lot more realistic than the 60/40 throw of the dice that is named Tankel.

if some1 got alot charm ppl wil give armor to that person and he try to repair..

Seems strange to me that any perk or attribute I would have could make him better at repairing things..

I voted for articifer as I have that perk.. lol, but really he should stay about the same..

increasing his fails rate would make the market improve a bit, as there would be greater demand for items that he has borked up in his inimitable fashion.

Other than that, artificer gets my vote. :)

I voted other - here's my thought:

I think Artificier OR No More Tears should affect choice - that is, I think they both should affect, but if someone has both, they can only get one bonus. (Just throwing that out there.)

THEN, Charm chould be brought into play, as each point in Charm can make him more willing to do the work at better prices (lower price) and/or more willing to do his best to succeed (less breakage).

Using skill level or material cost to repair doesn't make much sense unless the player themself if repairing - In that case, it could be a factor of their perception and skill, but that's another issue altogether.

My thought is that charm has nothing to do with how good he can fix it, maybe charm could lower prices, but not affect his abilities to repair. perception however seems more logical. the higher your perception the better you are able to tell him what is wrong with your equipment, the more he knows the better the chance he'll repair it right

I think Tankel should perform a rebuild instead of a repair (or offer that as an option). A rebuild would require some of the original manufacture ingredients as well as some money - maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of each original ingredient rounded up so that rebuilding a damaged serp sword might require 4 Ti bars, 1 steel bar, 2 FE, 1 EFE, 1 serp stone for example. The fee for a rebuild might be less and the chance of success should be more than the current repair process. This would also turn the repair process into a mini-quest (or at least a scavenger hunt) to get the ingredients together that Tankel needs to perform the rebuild.

people arnt going to waste PP to get higher charm :/

i say dependant on your WILL.

most peopel have charm 4. this would mean that he wil fail for just about everyone wouldnt be fair.

my 2 cents worth.

I think Tankel should perform a rebuild instead of a repair (or offer that as an option). A rebuild would require some of the original manufacture ingredients as well as some money - maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of each original ingredient rounded up so that rebuilding a damaged serp sword might require 4 Ti bars, 1 steel bar, 2 FE, 1 EFE, 1 serp stone for example. The fee for a rebuild might be less and the chance of success should be more than the current repair process. This would also turn the repair process into a mini-quest (or at least a scavenger hunt) to get the ingredients together that Tankel needs to perform the rebuild.

I kinda like that idea. :)

I am 0-3 so far with Tankel :omg: , so of course I'm thinking lets do something..I could be wrong, and I could be right (all a matter of how you look at it)

I voted for charm. The fact that most everybody has the minimal of 4 in it makes it worthwhile to spend your pp's in that area (if you want this bonus).

I do remember some topic on making charm come into play...don't know whatever came out of it though.

i would like a combination of charm and perks.

The way that i would do it woud be that the perks articifyer and no more tears get you a +20% chance of being sucsessful. Then you would get the charm contribution of +5% (or something). There would need to be a base chance of 20% + 20% (from the base 4 charm) would result in the same base as we have currently.