Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

more zoom pls

should the zoom be bigger?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the zoom be bigger?

• yes
    • no

improve the game by making it able to zoom out a lil more.

the way it is now you don't see a thing but ur char O.o'

if you try to train you don't see the animal/monster spawning unless it spawns right next to you :( (and even then it's hard to keep him in sight when the thing runs :P )

so pleeeeaaaasssseeee fix the zooming

Edit: i think this is the main reason why people use illegal clients

so fixing the zoom would stop people from using illegal clients.

Edited by Hardcore

when you zoom out more, there are problems with things not being displayed properly... now, you might think that's worth it, if you can see further... but it's not. it has to look right, because objects not showing up does look odd, and we can't have that for the newbies

lol k moonshadow is buying gnome's for us all \o/ :D

i'm not talking about a huge zoom like the tc client O.o'

just a lil' bit would be enough :)

Edited by Hardcore

The zoom is ok if you manu or something or player training , but if u keep moving and hunting for something it's kinda hard, so i prefer pvp training atm hutning monsters is teh hard :D

I agree with hardcore, a little more zoom would allow you to see the cool features of the map better. I am not talking about monsters, but about map features.

So I am in favor of just a little extra zoom.

things i know

further the zoom the more flickerings.

The more Flickering the more lag

Indeed. What Vanyel and cho said.....

For us MapMakers, perspective view has made a lot of changes.

Now, the things that could not be seen (ex. the house insides), are now visible when the perspective value is increased.

This has effected us, and all of EL in good and bad ways...

anyways, what I think is, the current zoom is okay, but having it a bit more wouldn't hurt :D

I don't think that wanting greater zoom-out so that you can spawn-sit more easily is a terribly good reason. AFAIR, the area of spawns may be increasing in future to prevent hogging the sites. Although the real problem may be that there isn't much else for fighters to do...

I would suggest different zoom settings for interiors though -- bring the camera in closer behind the avatar, closer to the character's POV, to give a more claustrophobic feel (and avoid seeing over walls). Distance shouldn't be an issue since the space is enclosed, but there would need to be some mechanism to keep the camera in the same 'room' as the avatar, avoiding being on the other side of a wall (or inside a cliff). These are client issues.

Choose dwarf or gnome as a race. Since these races are small everything else will seem to be bigger. Really. :-)

203344[/snapback]

Hehe :icon13:

The zoom is ok if you manu or something or player training , but if u keep moving and hunting for something it's kinda hard, so i prefer pvp training atm hutning monsters is teh hard :D

203350[/snapback]

Yup.

Try to enable perspective view, set perspective at .60. You will see much more.

203484[/snapback]

On big maps TD , GP etc its not enough. :(

Belive me

I discovered something interesting over the weekend.

If I zoom in/out with the page-up/down keys I can get to a certain level of zoom. But if I use my mouse wheel I can get both zoomed-in and zoomed-out just a little bit more (actually a bit more on the in than out). It's not a lot, but it helps.

So you might try page-up/down to see what your limits are, then try the mouse wheel and see if it helps any.

And I'd still like to be able to zoom-out just a bit more for chasing animals and the-like. I used it a lot when the TC client was legal (before the update) and it was very helpful (even with the problems of stuff popping in and out at strange times).