Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

The Ocean Strider's Voyage

Sora was ready to fight any of those unknown soldiers, but it seems that Brom had stopped the battle. He did noticed a draegoni-wolf thing, but he didnt think it was that important. "Well i guess I could just fallow Brom," Sora thought. He then remembered what the voice had told him. Don't you know what you truly are? "No....I don't ," Sora thought, "but I'm going to find out." Then he ran out into the forest in search of anything he could find. After an hour or so of wondering, he found a large temple. "The writing on the outside appears to be a different language," Sora thought. "Well lets see whats inside."He walked in and heared that same deep, dak voice in his mind. You will find a peice of what you seek here. He looked around but couldn't find who or what was talking to him. He decided to keep walking and he eventually came to two sets of stairs. One lead up to a statue room, and the set leading down lead to the treasure room. "So, treasure or the room where the idols are kept," Sora said. "I'll go with the treasure." Sora then ran down the stairs to the treasure room. "Those who seek the treasure must fight for it," a voice wispered. Suddenly, the young humkey was transported to the middle of the room with five temple guards surrounding him. "What kind of bull smeg is this?!," the humkey asked. He drew his sword quickly and slashed one of the guard's head off. Then the rest pulled out titanium axes. Sora looked around quickly trying to think of somthing. The temple guards started to slowly circle him, ready to strike. "I still have three death essences I can use," Sora thought. He quickly went on thwe offensive and struck at the guards. Once he gained enough room, he lined up tow of the guards and quickly casted poison. Sora laughed as the two guards began to choke and slowly fall to the ground dead. He then turned his attention to the one at the wall. He noticed tha the guard just seemed to stand there and watch his partners die. He turned around and saw the other guard swing his axe at his head with tremendus force. Sora was able to dodge, but the guard was able to deeply cut the ridge of Sora's nose diagonally, just missing both of his eyes. Sora shook his head dizzly murmering,"that'll leave a nasty scar." Right when the guard swong of a second attempt, Sora turned and tripped the guard with his tail. The guard's axe flew up into Sora's hand. He then came down with tremendus force with the axe, and drove it into the guards exposed neck. The guard started spitting up blood as Sora twisted the axe, crushing the guards neck. He then cut the ridge of the guard's nose for revenge with his serpant sword. Sora turned his attention to the last guared. "I hope your a better fighter then your freinds," Sora said. "Trust me, I am," the man said in a dark voice. The man came up and locked weapons with Sora. He then struck Sora's arm and cracked the bone. Sora's serpant sword cracked in two in the process. Then he hit the side of Sora's stomach. Sora toppled over in pain while coughing up some blood. "Hah, your weak," the guared said. "If anyone can hear this mental message, use teleport to range to get me to your location," Sora said mentally. Sora then grabbed a valley of the dwarves ring from his side pocket. "Any last request before you die," the guared said. "Yes", Sora replied,"send my reguards to chickengeorge for me." Sora then grabbed a shard from his serp, stabbed the guared in the stomach, and slipped the ring on the guards fingure. "Looks like I won," Sora whispered as the guard teleported away. Sora grabbed the bag before being teleported to the tavern by a strange wolf-dragoni thing. He hid the bag before looking around at the people in the tavern and then blacked out....

(sry kind of long. use me in your next part if u like :bow_arrow: )

After unsuccesfuly searching the ship for Starman, Alderan headed back out onto the deck. He saw the Barons guard standing there holding a piece of paper, "A map!" Alderan yelled. "Just what I was looking for" said Brom, as he reached the soldier and took the map. Brom pointed the way to the Tavern, and a group started heading that way. "Well, I've nothing better to do till I can figure out where I am..." He mumbled to himself. He started to follow the group, staying a bit behind. He finally stepped inside the Tavern, a while after the others had. He took a look around, seeing the group of other's from the boat, and noticing the drunk gnome ranting on about barels or something. He ordered an ale took a seat next to Atahn.

((I'm kinda stuck here, someone care to help? =P))

As the others go to find a tavern (so typical of Seridians, she would have thought if she were there), Kendai had meanwhile made her way through the ranks of the orchan army, shedding her disguise with a smile as she recognizes her own race. At last... there were hardly any orchans on Seridia at all, but an entire army of them here! She walks in cooly between their ranks, gathering the air that she was of importance and didn't need to be stopped. The guards assumed so at least and let her pass as she makes her way to the leader of these orchans. Before she can reach them however, she was finally stopped by his bodyguards, who cross their spears before her.

"Halt, in the name of Ashktar Grumsbane! What business do you have with the Warlord of Blood?"

Kendai smirks at the title, it had been a long time since she had heard that type of language. She bows before the large green orchan, the largest she had ever seen, all dressed in what appeared to be titanium plate mail and carrying a glowing longsword made of the same metal.

"I am called Kendai, of the land Seridia. I come before you now to offer my services and advice, for a plague has visited upon your shores. Even now, the races that have polluted my own lands are flooding upon your own, and I urge you to stop them now, or forever prepare to fight for your hunting grounds against the accursed and inferior Seridians." She spits in the dirt in the Orchan tradition to show that her introduction was complete.

The leader, Ashktar, pauses before replying, soaking in all that he had heard from the young female orchan.

"Your words intrigue me, young one. Although we have met and they have claimed to be only explorers in search for the cure to Mortos's curse, others will surely follow and may threaten to overrun us all. If we are to be prudent, then we must destroy as many of these so-called Seridians to ensure that no others follow."

He smirks darkly as he turns to the rest of his council, the elite of his large warband. "We had only planned to attack the human villages for plunder and to show them that we will not be cowered. Now let us do it for a even more noble cause: to defend our ancestral hunting grounds from these inferior Seridians!"

A shout meets his words, and the whole horde erupts into warcries and tribal roaring as the orchans drive themselves into a bloodfrenzy. Kendai can't help but join in the cries, feeling her heart thirst for war and blood and death. As Ashktar Grumsbane leads his army towards the human villages, where the tavern of Seridians awaits, Kendai laughs softly to herself.

"Mortos will be pleased with my progress..."

((Mwahahahahaha, some battle to spice this RP up :bow_arrow:))

Sora finally regains consusness inside the tavern. He looks around and is slightly supprised that no one cares for his well being. He slowly gets up, and limps to the door with one arm dangling and the other over the wound on his stomach. Somthing starts to get his attention. "Damn, I can feel somthing strong comming here," Sora says worriedly. He leaves the tavern to find that an army of orchans is approaching. "Smeg! I'm in no condition to fight," he said, "Hopefully my looks will cause them to overlook me." He remebered seeing Kendai wandering around. "Maybe Kendai can give me medical attention," he thought. So he telepathically sent a message to Kendai. "I sure hope she gets it...for my sake," he whispered.

Atahn noticed that weird Humkey thing just appear in the bar, but he wasn't too much of a bother. Atahn sat there drinking his ale. All of the sudden, the forboding came back - again. This is getting old, he began to think to himself. I wish I weren't so intuitive some times... it's never good.

He rose from his chair, strolled over to the door and looked out. Almost as soon as he did that, narrowly missing the staggering humkey, he turns back and calls to Brom and Pennifuin. "You know that force of orchans that almost fought us back at the ship? Well, they brought friends. There's more of them and less of us."

With that he mumbles a hew words and casts a couple of healing on Sora. He wasn't quite sure what the thing had fought, or why he was still alive... Nonetheless, it probably would help fight or flight if he were more ambulatory.

Atahn went back to the table and asked, "there a way to sober that gnome quickly?"

Harsh, Gutteral warcrys started to flow into the tavern from the exterior of the city. Looking around with a confuzed expression, Brom said, "What in tarnation...Ohh how could I have missssed thiss PennY-fun Of course tHOse orCAnS WEre goinG to atTACk THIS city. WeLl its TImE to defend our taVerN eh boYs? his voice starting low and with a great expansion ended up a yell.

The frightend citizen were looking at eachother, wondering what to do.

The bartender, Hawk by name was the one to answer, "Ill sober you guys up with my own brand of potion if you will help our town guards fend off this foe!"

With a slow nod Brom said "AGreeeD"

Pulling a large vial full of a brown substance out of his cupboard the bartender said, "This will sting a lot going in and later when it comes out, but It WILL clear your heads and give you a rush like you have never had!" The bartender began pooring the brown-clodded substance into their ale mugs, at least the ones who had already had three or four.

Taking a large draft of his spiked ale, Brom found himself standing and jumping onto the table with the strange sensation as if hundreds of needles were poking into his throught and lungs, followed by what seemed like two large spikes being driven into his temples, meeting somewhere in the middle of his head, then a heat radiating from those spikes sent down through his body, invigorating him!

"Wow, where can I get more of that junk!?"

His senses were aware of nearly everything, slight movements from anyone and he felt as if he controled physics itself. With this feeling he could feel safe taking on an entire army!

Looking around the room he saw many others have similar expressions. The Gnome it seems had too much and grabbed the near-by ale mug and ran out the door into battle.

"Lets defend this city! For Serdia! Charge!" Brom yelled as he ran out of the tavern into the streets after Placid the gnome.

Edited by Brom

While kicked back relaxing and surveying the room, LadyWolf had been meantally viewing the site back at the ship. She saw that damned mokey boy Sora getting his butt kicked, so she uttered under her breath an old spell that no one knew. Seconds later monkey boy landed on the tavern floor in a heap. She laughed.

Her good mood was quickly changed when she caught that scent agian. The hair on the back of her neck stood on end, and she uttered a low almost inaudible growl deep in her chest.

Everyone had started to vacate the tavern. Rushing out to meet these "orchans". LadyWolf was slightly taken aback when Brom only asked the guys if they were ready to defend the tavern. I'll show him she thought.

She stood quickly, not feeling the pain in her muscles anymore. Her blood ran hot through her veins. The bartender offered her his "sobering" cure, but she didn't need it, she had only had 3 beers, whie the boys had knocked back 4 times as many.

LadyWolf closed her Bright green eyes, and drew in a deep breath. This was the first time she had ever tried to intentionally shapeshift, but she knew she must try. She channeled her mind and prayed a small prayer to slypho the priest of her summoning God Selain. She heard a voice in her head granting her the blessing.

Lady opened her eyes which were now dark as coal. She took one look around and ran to the door of the tavern. Seeing the chaos outside she glanced quickly around, seeing Brom and the others already battleing.

Lady uttered a low growl from deep in her chest as she un-sheathed her thermal titanium serpent sword. She took a deep breath and as she charged out the door she felt a howl escape her lips.......

**use me use me**

* this is actually really fun, thanks for letting me join in*

Atahn had actually been one of the last out the door of the tavern. He'd decided not to drink any of that potion from the barkeep, as he'd only had one tankard of ale - much to his lament. As he watched people rushing the door, after drinking the potion, he'd almost considered drinking it himself - except it would do nothing for his drunkenness.

He rushed again for the market and the town square, and shouted to all the people, "The time has come that we may make a story of our own! Join me today in battle, for your homes, for your lives!"

Strangely, many townsfork, mostly armed with implements of labor (a few axes, some pitchforks, even a few with hammers), but there were a few with proper swords - at least, as near to a proper sword as old swords could be. He was even suprised to see some taking up bow and arrow - he had them climb the rooftobs.

Finally, Atahn himself returned with the mob to where his compatriots stood in front of the bar. Convincing the mob they were friends, he rejoined his friends. He saw the familiar faces of Brom and Pennifuin, much as when they'd delivered that beating to the sailors. Even the gnome was ready for a brawl now. Strangely, the face of LadyWolf had somehow "changed" - it was more animal than draegoni, he could swear, if that was possible. She threw back her head - Atahn swore he heard the howling of a wolf.

As he settled on battle, he invoked the name of Unolas - and felt much more intuned to his spells.

Landing on a stool as he returned from the fight, Placid felt somewhat proud of himself.

"Easier than I thought" he said with arrogance

"Now, where were we with these drinks"

Looking to his friends, Placid smiled, "That'll be me then"

"Perhaps we should ease a little, old friend" said Brom

"We've not exactly been relaxing in the past few hours, and I feel slightly fragile from that concoction before the fight"

"Aye, your probably right" said Placid, somewhat dissapointed

"Hows about I check on that ship, seeing as we've cleared the trouble from here"

Placid jumps from his stool, collects his belongings and makes way for the door

"Don't be long" said Brom "We've food to be had, me thinks"

Placid opens the door and leaves abruptly, making haste as he knew he hadn't eaten in a while

"Wow look at this feast! We can not thank you enough for your hospitality Hawk!" said Pennifuin, who was licking his lips at the array of alien dishes that were packed onto the table.

"No worry at all sir, we are in your gratitude. Without you, those orchans would have killed and pillaged!"

Pennifuin picked up a fork and motioned towards sticking it in what looked oddly like a roasted wild boar.

"No! Stop!" cried brom, stopping Penn's fork with his own,"we must wait for Placid."

"what could be keeping him?" Brom murmered to himself.

Looking at the ship, Placid saw no real danger.

"What a waste of time. I bet those greedy ones are tucking into a feast right now" he said with envy

"Ahh well, nothing much here anyway, onwards to some food"

At that moment, a loud thud knocked Placid to the ground. Without a chance to ponder or reply, Placid blacked out...

LadyWolf sat in a daze as she watched the feast being layed before them. She glanced around at Penn, Brom, Dunian, and Atahn. They had all fought bravely, and noone appeared to be hurt.

Lady was back to her old self, but was very leary, unsure of what her fellow travelers thought of her "change". She shook her head and leaned back and, using her draegoni powers, opened a channel in her mind and started surveying the area.

She saw that silly humkey thing hanging from a tree by its tail. She searched further, edging back towards the ship, when she stopped suddenly. She saw Placid standing at the ship looking around, and in the corner of her vision she saw a shadow creeping towards him. She tried to tell him to watch out, but something was blocking her voice. She heard the "thud" and saw the little gnome fall the short distance to the ground in a heap.

LadyWolf sat upright in her chair. "Brom, Placid is in trouble!" She exclaimed. Brom looked at her puzzled at first, but then understood ,"Where Lady?"

Lady stood quickly as the others stood looking at her, "The ship, we gotta hurry." she replied. And with that the four of them bolted out the door of the tavern.

**weeeee lol**

(( EDIT: I Just erased this part because this was gonna be the beginning of explaining Alderans past but I changed my mind.))

Edited by Alderan

Gilthanas was just finishing giving the gifts to the queen of the land when he heard a battle cry. "Oh no", said Hyanithe in great terror. "What is that?" gil asked. "The orchans", whispered the queen in even more terror.

"well this is turning out to be a great trip. soldiers, it is time to fight!", yelled gilthanas.

~~~~~~after the fight~~~~~~~

"That was too easy", said gil. Suddenly reagar appeared, "and where have you been? You missed the fight". "Umm....", said reagar. Then gilthanas quickly interupts reagar saying, "nevermind, it matters not, we better get back to the queen." *or maybe i should go exploring instead*, thought gilthanas.

he quickly packs his bag and arrows and sets off, unknowningly heading to lord vermors castle.

(thx to alderan for the tip)

Edited by gilthanas

((Gilthanas, the current ruler of Irillion is Empress Hyanithe IX. You might want to edit that. :angry:))

Edited by Alderan

(( Wish me teh luck!! ))

Back in Seridia, SisteMa Silverwish yawned in his bed on one sunny morning.

He looked out the brightly colored window, butterflies fluttering through the roses, birds happily cheeping in the trees.

Today felt like a different day to him. He felt like doing something different for a change.

He hopped out of bed, put on his warm fur clothes, took out his wooden staff and left the house.

- Good morning SisteMa.

- Morning, Soldus!

- Hey SisteMa!

- Heya Choris!

Yep, it was a different day indeed. Why was Soldus awake so early?

SisteMa arrived at the nearest Tavern. He bought some loaves of bread and a few bottles of wine, since he and a few other friends celebrated the finding of Irilion.

He left the bread and wine on the table next to his bed. He looked around his house, it was a mess. He'd never actually packed anything up before, and today was the day.

After a short time of packing up he thought he'd give a break, he sat down on the floor and realised a rather old and bulky book under his bed that he'd never seen before.

He grabbed the book, it had a red cover with symbols which he could not figure out, and under the symbols was written in gold writing "Prince Saret".

He flicked over a few pages; again he did not understand the weird symbols.

But then after flicking over more than half the book, he actually saw writing he could understand.

"We have come a long way through the great caverns of Dra Syn.

Our hundreds of years of journeying, after our brave fights against endless amounts of cave dwellers, we have finally reached our destination and I have finally fulfilled my father's dreams.

My father (Prince Saret), which I was named after, had always told me of a great cave. A cave which had everything a Draegoni would ever want.

It was a cursed cave, with many evil creatures guarding it. Only a pure blooded Draegoni would be the first to find it, he said.

I have ordered my men to construct a cosy house beside the cavern walls. We have already constructed a bridge which leads up to the rest of this great cave. I now have to set up a campfire...

Prince Saret Silverwish

<Date in Draegoni>"

SisteMa was shocked. Was this Prince's last name 'Silverwish'? Did it not say he was a pure blooded Draegoni?

He could not move his eyes off the page, especially the Prince's name. Who was this Prince?

After what seemed like half an hour, he heard someone knock on the door. He quickly hid the book under his bed.

- Who is it?

- It's me, Sniper...

- Oh! It's you, Snipe.

He opened the door, and there stood his best friend, and a loyal guild mate SniperJ89. A blue eyed, blonde haired, tall and handsome looking elf.

- What's taking you so long, brother?

- Eh?

- Oh dear... Do not tell me you have forgotten, again?

- Err...?

- Our guild meeting!!

- Oh! Darn... err... Yeah, I must have forgotten, sorry.

- Well, you better hurry, Soldus and Aislinn will not be happy.

- Yes, I'll just get my staff.

- I'll wait for you outside...

SisteMa hurried and took his wooden staff and closed the front door behind him.

The Sun was about to set. The sky was a bright orange with a touch of red.

He was still thinking about the book, he could not wait to see what else was in it.

- Are you feeling alright, brother? You do not look very well. And you have been acting strange lately. You have been acting strange ever since you saw that dream.

- Er... Yeah, I'm alright, I guess... I’m just a bit sleepy from yesterday.

- Hah! Yesterday was awesome!

- Yeah. It was.

He had just remembered the dream with the female Draegoni in it. Could she have had anything to do with the book? And where was this 'Dra Syn' place...

(( I’ll write more about the book in part two, stay tuned! ;D ))

Edited by sisteMa`

LadyWolf and the other exited the tavern and saw Alderan coming towards them. Lady called to him, "Come, Placid is in danger!" and then she turned to go, pausing only long enough to cast heal on that silly humkey Sora, then was off at a full sprint with the others to rescue that tasty little gnome.

((note to self: don't go to sleep, stay up for RP replies... ^.^;; lol))

((By the way, Placid, mind if I'm the one kidnapping you, just to get back into the story? lol :lurker: If you have someone else in mind of course, then I'll go back and edit, no problem at all :icon13:))

Kendai growls with frustration and kicks a tree as she slinks away from the defeated orchan horde. So much for that plan... not only had the Seridians triumphed, but now they surely knew of her presence here. Swearing to herself in the gutteral orchan language, she heads back for the ship. Suddenly she stops dead in her tracks as she notices a small figure standing before her.

"The gnome..." He hadn't noticed her yet, but she couldn't risk it... brandishing her dagger, she comes up from behind him and slams the hilt into the back of his skull. Watching the gnome collapse unconscious from the blow, Kendai frowns. What was she supposed to do with him now? Thinking quickly, she sees some of the supplies that have been taken off the ship, and spying an empty barrel, she stuffs poor Placid inside.

"Perhaps they'll be willing to negotiage a retreat in exchange for their friend, only to fall into the trap I'll set..." Closing the lid tight (but airholes in the top would keep him alive for now), she rolls the barrel back to the waters, pushing the barrel along as she swims along the shore, disappearing into the night.

LadyWolf had ran off ahead of Penn and the others. Feeling the need to get to Placid as fast as possible, without thinking she closed her eyes, and prayed to Selain. She opened her eyes which were dark as coal again and ran with the swiftness of a wolf.

She arrived at the edge of the trees in time to see her old friend Kendai. She almost stepped out of the shadows to greet her, until she saw Kendai pick up poor Placid and stuff him in a barrel. Then roughly rolled the barrel into the water and swam away with it.

LadyWolf could only stand and watch, wondering why in the hell was Kendai kidnapping Placid? She heard the others moving closer and quickly closed her eyes and shifted back to her draegoni form.

Brom and the others arrived and she told them what she had seen. They stared at her a little odd, still trying to figure out how she had gotten there so damn fast.

Brom was the first to speak up, "We need a plan if we are going to save Placid."....

**waiting on the others to take this and run with it**

(Go for it Kendai :-) )

Stirring with a thumping headache, Placid wondered what had occured, and why the hell he was inside, what looked like, a barrel.

Shifting around, attempting to get some level, he realised, not only was he moving, but it was daylight. The sounds of people, much like a market, buzzed inside the barrell making Placid feel somewhat confused.

"What in Glydoc's name am I doing in a barrell. Secondly, where am I and where am I going?"

Placid, recoiled, gathered his thoughts and realised that his first task was to get out of the barrell. Using his intelligence (intelligence was a given with the Gnomish race. Great inventors and thinkers), he managed to unhinge the lid, as motionless as possible, slid out of the barrell and sat huddled in the cart, frequently looking over the side to get some measure of where he was.

After a good half an hour, the cart stopped. Assuming he was at his captors destination, Placid decided to escape, while it were possible.

"Guess this is my stop" he said to himself, jumping of the back of the cart and into the hustle of people arguing over 'foreigners'

((Aww, you escaped my clutches :icon13: Oh well, time to try and get you back :lurker:))

As they reach the marketplace, Kendai thanks the farmer that gave her and her "wares" a lift. From here it would be easy to find other worshippers as herself, who could help her in her trap. Going to the back of the cart, however, proved to be a nasty suprise.

"Smeg!"

When the farmer had given her a questioning look, Kendai thinks quickly and tells him that someone had stolen her goods out of her barrel. Going off into the bustling marketplace, Kendai hurriedly searches for Placid, vowing that this time the Seridians would have to rescue a pickled gnome instead...

About the time they'd return to came, Kendai was swimming off with a barreled gnome. Brom said something about making a plan, Atahn didn't want to take the time. He knew Kendai was up to something, he needed to know what now.

He took another barrel, tossed some of the wine from the market in there, and sealed it, hinting at the tortures the rest would go through if anyone even looked at the barrel. Fastening his staff to his back, he took off post haste, diving in where Kendai had, and swimming in that same direction. Before long, he'd come to another town, where he decided to play it safe, hiding behind some bushes. He saw an orchan with a barrel, sitting on a farmer's cart. Kendai and Placid haven't made it that far; hmm...

Atahn was interrupted in his thoughts as the barrel seemed to explode, and out popped a gnome! He watched the gnome take of post haste, and careful to keep his stealth, he took of after him. After some distance, Atahn had caught up with the gnome, and taking advantage of his free hands and the gnome's size, he picked up Placid, who tried to fight. Certain no one could see where he went at this point, Atahn tossed himself, still holding the squirming gnome, into some low shrubs.

"Placid, stop. Do not fight me, unless you want Kendai to catch you again."

Placid settled, then spoke, "ah, Atahn, what happened?"

"All I saw was Kendai swimming off with you evidently in a barrel. I took off after, to track her. Next thing I know, you burst out of a barrel, and she swears. Honestly, how did she catch you?"

"Something hit me in the head, and then I'm in that barrel!"

"Keep your wits about you now, and don't let down your guard. This isn't very friendly country. Get your Bearings," Atahn says out loud, seemingly to Placid, but more to himself. His nerves were on end now, and at least one Seridian sought them harm. This must not continue this way - the journey to Irilion must not end with them.

It was a long day, but thank the gods it was finally over. All the cargo was finally off and out of the ship, Kat was finally getting a break. She layed down on her firm bed, and started having thoughts... "I wonder what is on this island, what there is to expect." "i since that there is something wrong, but I'm not sure quite what." With that, Kat immediatly jumped from her bed, and decided that she WOULD, with or without the permission of the captain. She marched up to the captains cabin, only to come upon 2 sailors guarding his door.

"Let me through, i must speak with the captain." Kat said.

"I'm sorry Mistress Katrina, but he's busy right now." replied one of the heavier built sailors.

"Look, the name is Kat, and whatever he is doing can wait."

"eh? is this really that important?" replied the second sailor.

"Yes, it is, now let me in before i have to move you myself!." The two sailors glanced at eachother, then the heighth of Kat.

"We don't want no trouble....go ahead in."

Kat went into the cabin, and found the cabin staring at a map.

"Ah, Kat, what a pleasure to see you. I assume everything is going well...keeping my sailors in order?" the captain blinked at Kat at the last remark.

"Look, there isn't much time-"

"Time for what? What is the problem?" the captain interuppted her.

"I have this feeling, that there is something not quite right. And I would like to go scouting and attempt to find out with this problem is." Kat said leaning over the captains desk.

"Well, i don't see why not...I'll make arrangements, and set a group together." replied the captain as if he were dismissing her.

"You don't seem to understand. When I say "I" i mean myself, by myself...alone." The captain stood up from his chair with his face turning red.

"I'm not about to let a women go by herself, who do you think i am?" replied the captain.

"Excuse me, but exactly WHO do you think I am? I am a draegoni, my ancestors once lived here. If you don't think I don't know what I am doing and that I can not protect myself, then you have another thing coming!" Kat said almost yelling. The captain sat back down, and appeared to be pondering about Kat's words.

"It seems that i can't win against your will...fare thee well Katrina, we will remember you." The captain said this time motioning her to leave.

Kat was about to give another comment, but thought better of it, and left the cabin. She decided to head back to her cabin to get her sword, food and some water, as well as some armor...for just in case.

As Kat left the ship, she felt determined and as if nothing can get into her way. She walked slowly into the soon to be darkened woods. After about an hour of traveling, Kat decided to rest because of the darkeness, setting up a very small camp fire. She wasn't quite worried because the only thing ahead were very thick woods.

After sitting for a while, Kat began to hear a rustle in the one of the trees.

"Must be a squrriel." Though Kat. Then she heard it again. Only closer. A huge branch feel only feet away from her.

"That's no squrriel, she whispered to herself." She took a branch and put it into the flames, and swirved it around trying to find what was in the trees above.

"Weeeeeeeeeee! Kat I found you!!!" shouted something that fell onto her head.

"Get the hell off me!" Kat squrimed. "You damn humkey! Don't you ever EVER do that again!" She threw Sora off of her unto the ground.

"OW! Yeh, good to see you too." Sora said while shaking his little fists.

"Did the Captain send you? If he did i swear i will-"

"Oh, heavens!, NO! of course not." giggled sora. "I sent myself!" He smiled brightly.

"Look, Sora, i have to do this alone. ok? So, please just go back to the ship!"

"But,i came to help you. I saw you leaving, and thought i better follow you for in case you needed my assistance."

"Why would i need your help?" Kat laughed.

"I don't know, but hey you never know! Anything could happen!"

(Here ya go Sora! Have fun :) )

-Kat

Bending down on the track, Pennifuin stirred a few leaves, looked around, and stood up.

"Well it was definetly an Orchan, carrying a small load of sorts, hard to be sure."

"Well its the only lead we have."reasoned Brom.

The band of Seridians walked along the the road, not knowing where it would take them, and if they were walking in the right direction.

"I do hope Placid is alright" said LadyWolf,

"Hes a hardy Gnome, and quick of mind" said Brom in a comforting tone.

"Quickly, off the road!"whispered Pennifuin in a forced tone.

The group split off, left and right, into the undergrowth that lined the woodland path. Surely enough, around the corner came trundling a farmer in his cart. But he was not alone, beside the old farmer was sat an orchan. Kendai! thought Pennifuin. Surely enough, in the back of the cart, was a barrel, which, unawares to the hardy travellers, now did not contain a gnome!

The friends laid low for quite a few minutes, knowing that as long as Kendai was kept in view, they could take it easy. Picking himself up, and brushing himself off, Pennifuin said,

"Now to see what shes up to!"

The friends kept good pace along the dusty track, making sure they could constantly hear the clip-clop of the cart horse's hooves. They emerged out of the woods, to find themselves confronted with a busy looking town.

Edited by pennifuin