Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pennifuin

Go Forth and Mame! (kill if you want to..)

well, i was thinking, why not have a

#attack <player name>

command for your summons!

this would be very handy for pking purposes (obviously) it means you can concentrate your attacks on single people, meaning pking with summons becomes ALOT more tactical, also you can have a

#attack no-one (doesnt attack anyone or anything)

#attack <type of animal> (makes hunting specific animals with summons easier and means your summons doesnt take on anything too big!)

hmm, please comment and play around with these ideas or whatever you want...

please no flaming, constructive criticism only!

well i dont know the technical side of all this, can someone please perhaps give us some insight??

surely it would just be like a more complex bot command?? i mean, bots recognise players, and can accept commands like dance??

Edited by pennifuin

The server must know which summons belong to which character, and since the summoned creatures can attack it shouldn't be much of a problem to iterate through them and have them attach the named target, if in range, or move towards them.

To have them queue up to attach the named target maybe more work, as the command would have to be saved, and the targetting repeated -- probably as part of the summoned movement routine (they already tend to follow their summoner, so there must be specifc coding for them).

A problem with the '#attack <name>' command is that mister 'no-one' is going to be impervious, while mister 'Rabbit' will feel victimised... :D

What if when the summoner selects to attack a target (using the 'flaming fist' icon), this sets the target for the summoned? I originally thought this was what happened when I was summoning rats and hunting rabbits :D

This is actually a great idea, I think we will do it.

191189[/snapback]

Does that mean that you might consider letting me add a #attack command to then rented Ants?

Ha! right on! Should it be level dependent? Such as a level 30 summoner would have his summons respond the the command with greater accuracy and range than a new summoner? May we have more maps multicombat so this would be more useful ;)

Just thinking with what Brom said above, if more maps are multi, that would create a real penalty for the I Can't Dance perkers.

One question: this wouldn't allow summons to be directed against unwilling players outside of PK maps, would it?

I think there should be a command that makes your summoned creatures stick around and guard you. Incase you run into a dangerous monster they can form a barrier around your and prevent the monster or pker from getting to you when you make your escape.

Hmm... if you want to use queueing up summons to attack, you have the following possibility:

Ryuu summons 20 Chim Wolves in KF.

Ryuu: #attack Shivar

(Chim Wolves queue up to attack Shivar)

Ryuu: #attack DocToR

(All Chim Wolves, except Wolf 1 who is attacking Shivar, queue up to attack DocToR)

Ryuu: #attack Shasso

(All Chim Wolves, except Wolf 1 against Shivar and Wolf 2 against Doctor, queue up to attack Shasso)

Ryuu: #attack DonPedro

(etc.)

So if Ryuu types fast enough, you could end up with a 20-man battle against a horde of Chim Wolves. (Which would be lots of fun, of course... ;))

I suppose you're going to need things like a #cancel_attack and a #guardme command. Or maybe even an #avoid command, to protect friendly non-guild players.

-Lyn-

Slightly similar. I've brought this up more than once now o..0

An actual menu of pointing and clicking would be far easier than typing in specific commands, (less time consuming). Time's a very important factor when dealing with summons - they tend instantly to run off and ne'er return, either due to attacking something large that wasn't the intended target, or just wandering aimlessly until they run out of health.

I took Penn hunting with my bears yesterday in SKF. I summoned 12 bears- 2 were dead by the time I finished summoning (they attacked an ogre 1 by 1 instead of grouping), and 5 wandered off before we even met a mob, despite walking slowly.. needless to say, it was a very dissapointly short hunt like that.

Perhaps also changing the range of a summon so they can't traverse the entire map without you?

Summoning could be an extrodinarily valueable and fun skill if a few changes were made.

This is a great idea, i would like 2 see the #guardme command that Lyanne suggested it would be a good command for the summoners that r low on A/D.

Umm that command #guardme should be in place, but I will say it does not have a GREAT purpose until higher summoning levels. a horde of 20 rabbits is not that much of a guarding force against anything. And Summoning in general would be much more useful if more maps were multicombat. I do not see why more of them are not.

Actually I would prefer some sort of GUI implented system to controll your summons. EL is already a lot of keyboard work and I think a lot of people would like OSDs better than written commands.

Actually I would prefer some sort of GUI implented system to controll your summons. EL is already a lot of keyboard work and I think a lot of people would like OSDs better than written commands.

191864[/snapback]

how was your holiday kl4Uz?? (sorry off thread :hug: )

but im talking about those who dont want to get their hands dirty themselves...

191027[/snapback]

If you have summoned creatures, and you click to attack a target, give the summoned the precedent to attack rather than the character. Assuming that if you have summoned creatures, you want to use them (and there isn't much use for them other than to attack, apart from annoy people outside of storage).

If the summoner is now controlling the summoned, maybe its worth revisiting the suggestion that they get some portion of any experience earned by their critters -- experience for application rather than purely repetition, reduce the experience for the actual summoning (except for very minor creatures).

a very just point, but does the exp go onto attack/defense, or summoning? personally i think it should go to summoning.

Yes, to summoning. The experience would be being earned through application of the summong skill, through the summoner's control of the summoned, so should go there.

mabya new icon for summoners

they click right button to change it to a lil animal icon

and they can control there summons..in a group where they click :stare:

but afcourse non-summoners can put the option off

mabya  new icon for summoners

they click right button to change it to a lil animal icon

and they can control there summons..in a group where they click :pinch:

but afcourse non-summoners can put the option off

192231[/snapback]

good idea shiv. Non-summoners wouldnt need to turn it off though, i mean non-fighters still have to put up with your silly little sword :icon13: i mean, unless you give this option to everyone, to turn off whatever icon's they want. i woudlnt mind this, im always scared of accidentally clicking something bigger and meaner than me :unsure:

Edited by pennifuin