Eternal Lands Official Forums

Should ants be made pkable?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should ants be made pkable?

• Yes
    • No

Probably for fun, not because of dislike.

188041[/snapback]

I didn't consider that. It would be fun to pk ants, even for non-pkers. :battleaxe:

The ants can serve a much greater purpose than being Pkable punching-bags.

[comedy]

Did you all not know that the ants are simply part of the Grum-Bot army? Ohh yes, its a HUGE conspiracy I am revealing here. Grum is in fact a coding bot. He is not a person, but a Program! The ants are simply his eyes and ears so that he can keep tabs on the game and send mother nature after bad players who do not help newbies.

[/comedy]

No, but seriously, A few Pkable ants but not all of them. Or, move the anthill to an PK map and somehow get them to coodinate there efforts. Make KF multicombat and allow ants to help eachother, 3-4 ants attacking one person. That is how the ants should work if they PK. Muahaha!

The ants can serve a much greater purpose than being Pkable punching-bags.

[comedy]

Did you all not know that the ants are simply part of the Grum-Bot          army? Ohh yes, its a HUGE conspiracy I am revealing here. Grum is in fact a coding bot. He is not a person, but a Program! The ants are simply his eyes and ears so that he can keep tabs on the game and send mother nature after bad players who do not help newbies.

[/comedy]

No, but seriously, A few Pkable ants but not all of them. Or, move the anthill to an PK map and somehow get them to coodinate there efforts. Make KF multicombat and allow ants to help eachother, 3-4 ants attacking one person. That is how the ants should work if they PK. Muahaha!

188044[/snapback]

Ants already help each other when on multicombat maps :)

the ants should give free stuff to newbs :sneaky:

187955[/snapback]

Agreed :) great idea.

Maybe having less ants online at the same time might help decreasing players ant-ipathy :D , 'cause, for smegs sake, there's (recent numbers) 107 of 'em in total - that's the 4th largest guild in the game!

I'd say that 25-40 would be found more acceptable + the ant_queen of course...

Agreed :D great idea.

Maybe having less ants online at the same time might help decreasing players ant-ipathy :pinch: , 'cause, for smegs sake, there's (recent numbers) 107 of 'em in total - that's the 4th largest guild in the game!

I'd say that 25-40 would be found more acceptable + the ant_queen of course...

188110[/snapback]

Only 10-20 ants are running at a time, usually 10 except right after moving the anthill. Sometimes only the queen is running.

Ok guys- this is ridicoulous, I'm sorry

1- The Ants pkable?

Listen to yourselves- THESES ARE BOTS, bots whom do nothing but pick up bags, the same as we all do. PKable? Sure, I'd love to kill some ants, and have taken to stalking them to find the anthill, but I think they add to the humor of the game

I mean come on- a hundred or so players chasing 10-20 ants in a horribble (not unlike the crucible) witchhunt.

I say keep what we have now, and keep the anthill. If you wanna let off some steam find that.

Heres a thought- remember the monster invasions? Are they still done...you know- ever?

Hehe- an ant invaion..... :)

WanderingFool is read because he isn't flagged as a bot just to allow his name to stay red. The ants sometimes are PK, so they have to be left flagged as bots or other problems happen.

187914[/snapback]

wondered about that... why not flag him bot, so only the players who know he's PKable would be able to PK him, just like the ants (if/when you make one PKable), then? Or maybe have the PK flag override the bot flag? Just seems to me a bit of an unbalance to allow the ants to roam safely while PKable... ;)

Anyway, about the ants having a 107-player guild, as I just said elsewhere, I don't think they should be able to account for one of the highest guilds, even if only 20-30 are ever on at one time. I mean, we already have the bot flag, let's make guild counts not count in guild counts (would make the counts only count actual players).

Anyway, about the ants having a 107-player guild, as I just said elsewhere, I don't think they should be able to account for one of the highest guilds, even if only 20-30 are ever on at one time.  I mean, we already have the bot flag, let's make guild counts not count in guild counts (would make the counts only count actual players).

188433[/snapback]

Discussed in the thread on guild sizes -- suggestions there to only count active characters (active in the last month), and not to count bots. Or to count these things seperately, and rank by active members only.

Invasions are fun and great, but only a select few people can run them, thus they are rare. (Which they should be)

Yes, keep the ants the way they are!

Listen to yourselves- THESES ARE BOTS, bots whom do nothing but pick up bags, the same as we all do. PKable? Sure, I'd love to kill some ants, and have taken to stalking them to find the anthill, but I think they add to the humor of the game

I mean come on- a hundred or so players chasing 10-20 ants in a horribble (not unlike the crucible) witchhunt.

I say keep what we have now, and keep the anthill. If you wanna let off some steam find that.

188391[/snapback]

That's the thing that bothers me so much - they are bots. Bots that walk around and level up. Bots that powertrain while you sleep and steal deathbags.

People wouldn't chase ants, just kill them every time they came back.

Oh no! Twenty ants have harvested vegetables and wandered aimlessly killing things for the last 12 hours while I was doing other things!

Oh, wait. Stuff respawns. Oh, wait. Harvestables don't run out. Oh, wait. There's people in england leveling while you sleep.

As for the deathbags, take a look at http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showforum=30

If the Ants are special-case-bots, then couldn't they be treated as a halfway case between bot and creature?

Before I encounters Ants in-game, I saw them discussed in the forums. I was expecting to see giant ant creatures scurrying around the map. I still think that this would look better, if somebody integrated an ant model (hexapods move limbs as two sets of tripods btw). Respawn them at the Ant Hill rather than in Heck.

On the PK side of things, maybe make them PK able only when they have a full load?

I think the biggest problem to the ants is what they are, versus all the rest.

The ants are programming being run, completely independent of human thought/control. They don't feel anything, whereas a human is arguably more capable of empathy. They don't need to sleep/eat/go use the john/etc., all they ever have to do is level (there's a post in Off-Topic > Current Events about a guy who tried to do this himself). And simply put, if the ants are an experiment, why haven't they gone to a new phase? The ants as they are now are still very much the exact same heartless ants they have always been.

I can get plenty irritated with Ants but I have a solution to their major irritation have them become PKable the instant they pick up a death bag. Do not know if it can be implemented but it would solve the worst problem with the ants. :D

TirunCollimdus Purveyor of sanity. :)

I totally support the idea. I don't hate ants, they don't bother me. But a posssibility of pwning them could make the game more fun.

Eventually, you could make a separate respawn point for them.

i heard that some ants are already pk'able but you can't see it cause of the bots color  :blush:

209088[/snapback]

I have heard the same thing, and so I have attempted to attack every single ant that walks by. The game never allows me to do it. :angry2:

Maybe there could be a team of ants that are programmed to hold one area of a PK map or a baselike area of it with a group of other ants of a similar #, and another group defending another area. That would make it seem like when you kill off the ants, you are essentially taking control of enemy territory and the ants will come back to regain the area. Having multiple areas could make a guild wars style constant war going on between one group of ants and another, making for a really cool experience fighting inside of a massive battle. 20 vs 20 ants perhaps, seperated by guild tags or a #grouping such as 1-20, 21-40, ect, having them programmed for specific jobs such as an ant being made solely for attacking others that are within a certain tile distance, essentially a defender, an assassin, which goes after the closest player to it, and offensive ants that head for the center of an enemy area and attack others that get close to it.