Eternal Lands Official Forums
hozkinz

SWEARING

Just thought i'd show u all this, think its within the rules coz its about the game. dnt kno if it goes here but cant find anywhere else to put it...

swear2.jpg:)

Edited by hozkinz

yeah i never thought i would see the day when someone would call basterd a bad word.  I suppose it is a good thing that you havent seen the storage guy using the "s" word yet  :)

174745[/snapback]

Where I come from there are not many swearwords stronger than that one - it is extremely bad.

Well look at the whole sentence. The whole point is to show strong emotion about the event..."I hope that bastard will burn in hell for burning my house". What exactly would YOU say about somebody who burned YOUR house down? (Even though she does say after that she forgives him, I doubt anybody really would...)

Hozkinz do you have 256 GB of RAM in your system and 192 Pentium 4 processors? if not you maybe ought to consider disabling some of the rubbish you have in your taskbar.. I count 24 icons, but at least you are running the M$ antispyware and McAfee in there somewhere..

And you expect an old witch living in the swamps to be polite...why?

174728[/snapback]

:P

"Bastard" that is not very bad word :P

my pc's working fine mate, bak to topic

so wot i am asking is, am i allowed to say bastard? coz wen i did, i nearly got blocked. is there double standards at play

Edited by hozkinz

You can say bastard as often as you want.

It has to be in private tho.

Other players have rights also, and yours end where you hurt theirs.

Your best bet would be PMing yourself :P

Question: Is this supposed to be a family-friendly game, or are these words going to be acceptable use? I think that's what this boils down too. Personally, I could care less; let's have the most foul-mouthed NPC ever seen in any of these games if that's what gets written.

However, were I a parent (thank God I'm not, my kids'd be screwed up for life :lol: ), I don't think I'd want my kids using bastard, or the pice comment from the Storage NPCs, or even what "happens" according to the mayor of Portland.

IMO, we either define these words as fair game, or oust them from NPC scripts. Or, one more option, let the filter work on the NPC dialog too, so that the storage NPCs can yell at pieces of smeg (yes, I typed that out, it's not filtered :P).

bastard really isn't that bad of a word in English. It's ok to say it in game, but if you are directing it at someone purposefullly being insulting and harassing that person, then it is against the rules-as it falls into the "no harassment" rule.

So, in this case, it is not the word that is the problem, it is how and when you use it.

You can say bastard as often as you want.

It has to be in private tho.

Other players have rights also, and yours end where you hurt theirs.

Your best bet would be PMing yourself :P

174843[/snapback]

LMAO pming yourself for the sake of swearing.. :lol:

The game is NOT supposed to be familly friendly.

I mean, I don't think kids under 13 should play it, but I don't mind if they do. It's their parents responsbility to screen them from [pseudo] bad words.

smegs... smeg u guys r realy smegging me off :angry:(((

:angry:

One the subject of swearing and substituting smeg... Have any of you actually looked up the derivation of that word?! :D

thats like the word bugger. in australia is like at the end of each sentence lol. everyone says bugger but when they find out what it actually means they get a huge shock.

One the subject of swearing and substituting smeg... Have any of you actually looked up the derivation of that word?!  :blink:

175962[/snapback]

Someone from the UK told me the other day. Gross. I think I'll switch to "shoot," "darn," "crap," and "fudge."

I'm a cute, fluffy, pink, innocent, 12 years old girl and am very offended by words like ass and bastard. Please don't swear on the forums. :P