Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kamoricks

Food combinations

Now you can! I suggest we have food combinations, such as stew.

Stew - 1 cooked meat 1 vegetable 1 water essence. +40 food. 2 EMU.

Salad - 2 vegetable. +25 food. 1 EMU.

Any new recipies/tweaking is appreciated. Thanks.

Sandwich: 2 breads, 1 cooked meat...+40 food. 2emu

maybe add veggie optional lol

Beef Burgundy: 2 cooked meat, 1 veggies, 1 wine....+30 food, 2 emu

Edited by Aisllinn

Pizza: 5 bread, 1 water essence, 1 cheese essence, 1 cooked meat, 2 vegetables

Double cheese Pizza: 5 bread, 1 water essence, 2 cheese essence, 1 cooked meat, 2 vegetables

Triple cheese Pizza: 5 bread, 1 water essence, 3 cheese essence, 1 cooked meat, 2 vegetables

Err anyways - i like the idea of cooking but you could simply eat the vegetables.

The cooked food needs to do something else than increasing food level or the food system needs to be changed in order to give cooking sense. :-(

My suggestin:

Instead of just having Food Compounding their effects, how about giving such Concoctions added "Bonuses" like 1+ Strength or restoring a little Mana or give minor Healing. It'd be like having both food and Potions in one!

Of course, to do any of this would require giving us a "Cooking" Skill and right now, I think that's the last thing we need.

Besides! I'd much prefer just letting us store Food! It's just too annoying not having food on hand but I know that's not likely.

Oh, how about Adding Cows but instead of killing them, we can MILK Them! Then we can make Cheese!

And lets not forget "Farming"! Lets remove all the Fruit and Vegie Patchs and have Farms require Player's to watch over them and Upkeep them and then players could even charge other players to harvest "Their" Vegies! Oh, I like that Idea the best!

if el ever adds cooking it should be just for fun no skill lvling or any bs like that i mean seriusly in real life you dont have to be 20 cooking to make some god damn macaroni and cheese!! i dont think you should burn stuff but dmg while cooking muhahaha

if el ever adds cooking it should be just for fun no skill lvling or any bs like that i mean seriusly in real life you dont have to be 20 cooking to make some god damn macaroni and cheese!! i dont think you should burn stuff but dmg while cooking muhahaha

Maybe but where would that place Potion makers who market Feasting Potions? If any player can just cook a few tons of meat with no Limit, the need for Feasting Potions would become almost Nil!

There is Some reason there is Skill Levels.

But you do need a cooking skill for making a pizza, at least here in Denmark, even people working as cooks cannot make a real pizza. Which explains why every pizza place is run by foreign people.

The cooked food needs to do something else than increasing food level or the food system needs to be changed in order to give cooking sense. :-(

It does, it makes your clothes dirty.

Just imagine your pretty new cloak soaked with pizza sauce and melted cheese ;-)

Piper

Okay, I'd like to bring the Pizza idea up again. I was discussing it with a few people, and here is what we thought might work, with some additional thoughts of mine sprinkled in.

Pizza ingredients: bread, veggies, fire essence (exact numbers of each to be determined)

As such, it would fall under the alchemy skill. I suggest that pizza gives you 45 or 50 food points and has a cool down. However, here is the tricky part. IRL eating lots of pizza makes you somewhat lethargic, so those of us who were talking about it last night thought the drawback of eating pizza could be not being able to move - a sit-down cool-down. Let's say, after you eat your last pizza, you can't move for one hour (or two, or whatever).

Guildie needs help retrieving db? Not from you.

Invasion? You'll be watching channel 6 from hell.

Ran out of ings while you were mixing at sto on other food to pass that hour? Well, such is life.

Of course, you could just go afk and not get any experience points for that sit-down time, but the idea is that a) pizza is ONLY manufactorable (can't be bought), b ) finally gives bread a use besides weighing down new players on IP, c) there is a drawback to this food item as well, namely, a sit-down cool-down, so to speak, and of course d) PIZZA!

Haven't thought through details like, can you tele-to-range during sit-down? Dunno. Anyway. Thoughts?

Edit: it put a smiley face where I put b )

Edited by LilBear

d) PIZZA!

How about 10 minute sitdown per pie? or 20? make it cumulative - handled somewhat like poison so that even if ye log off the 'cooldown' will be there when you log in as where it was. I'd bake them just fer the XP personally :icon13:

Now some folks don't have that heavy sit down feature when eating pizza - perhaps a new perk - "I bounce up"? Able to eat pizza with only a 2 minute per Pie? and a Neg perk "I drank the beer" add an additional 10 minutes per pie (total 20 minutes per pie)...

Search for "cooking" to see how often this subject has been raised.

I do rather like the idea of cooking, as a fun addition to the game rather than something else to get bogged down in grind-levelling.

Consider cookery tasks as re-using the "potion" skill, no nexus requirement, and low experience yeild.

Food stuffs can vary in basic properties: food value, weight, stackability, storability, and cooldown. More exotic ones may include other benefits; minor bonus or penality to attributes, mana or health.

All covered elsewhere though...

...just realised that Feasting Potions are Guinness (or other stout); suddenly makes sense!

Well not all of this thread involves cooking (sandwiches for example)...

Pizza is one of many possible combinations.

Pizza: 5 bread, 1 water essence, 1 cheese essence, 1 cooked meat, 2 vegetables

Double cheese Pizza: 5 bread, 1 water essence, 2 cheese essence, 1 cooked meat, 2 vegetables

Triple cheese Pizza: 5 bread, 1 water essence, 3 cheese essence, 1 cooked meat, 2 vegetables

Err anyways - i like the idea of cooking but you could simply eat the vegetables.

Cheese essence? lol

cooking yay! I'd love to have it ingame. But instead of connecting it with a certain skill, have it as a fun thing to do (just like the meat cooking right now).

...just realised that Feasting Potions are Guinness (or other stout); suddenly makes sense!

Just realized? Ach, I'm sorry t'be hear'n that it took ye tha long :confused:

And I'm think'n L'lbear's concept o'Pizza's more fun than 2005s version :)

Well, if there is to be cooking added to be EL, the taverns should be able to buy it if it is a good enough of a quality. You don't really need to be able to cook very well at all in this game and you probably never will need to even if they allow you to cook more than meat.

Cows in EL? Come on... they sh it everywhere. I dont want dirty boots.

Better summon the pizza delivery boy. You can have any flavour you like.

Here is my idea. Ingredients like gc + blackrose (to make ink to write order) + gypsum

Pizza summoning stone. 20 gc

Hamburger summoning stone. 5 gc

Fried noodle summoing stone. 15 gc

Taco summoning stone. 12 gc

Sushi summoning stone. 18 gc. (for those who wants to be Pengmans)

beans+onions+cabbage = ;)

And yet again Roja gives us something to look forward to in future updates :P

--Duck2

Cows in EL? Come on... they sh it everywhere. I dont want dirty boots.

Just curious if you still think the same with this last update for Engineering? :(

I would definatly be going to the cow feilds and be holding a bucket under their bum :P

The cheese idea would be great. I would love a cooking skill, but we have plenty of skills now, I doubt we have rom for more. Although, cooking can just be cooking with no skill either, would be fun either way! :)

PS; I was searching for a food spell, and came to this :)