Eternal Lands Official Forums
TooMass

scafativ and his gossip

I dunno if it belongs to gen chat or outlaws but i decided to put this here. I killed scafativ today in nc pk cave. I have to say he was naked so he lost only 1 pick axe but he started to threating by ban with gossip. I dont care about this bot at all and put cel on pk list. Then he pmed that he will post my messages from gossip. i used this bot 2 or 3 times and once it was with my stats to try this pvp matching. now he says he will post my stats. I think people should know about this and rather dont use gossip because they messages or stats r not save there. here is screenie from convesation with scafativ. so DO NOT use gossip for some personal or other important stuff because u only give scafativ something to read before sleeping

scafativ

tsk, tsk, tsk...

PKs other ppl but doesnt think about the consequences...

Piper

so scafativ is untouchable because he is running gossip and he can reveal everything from this bot if he gets pked??from now on i will hunt him down

I dunno if it belongs to gen chat or outlaws but i decided to put this here. I killed scafativ today in nc pk cave. I have to say he was naked so he lost only 1 pick axe but he started to threating by ban with gossip. I dont care about this bot at all and put cel on pk list. Then he pmed that he will post my messages from gossip. i used this bot 2 or 3 times and once it was with my stats to try this pvp matching. now he says he will post my stats. I think people should know about this and rather dont use gossip because they messages or stats r not save there. here is screenie from convesation with scafativ. so DO NOT use gossip for some personal or other important stuff because u only give scafativ something to read before sleeping

scafativ

Toomass, I only related one of your messages back to you when you denied that I had any control over Gossip. I can only read messages by doing a query, and I did so to prove to you that you have, indeed, used gossip in the past. I have not, nor would I ever, reveal any messages or stats from gossip (although I'm guilty here of threatening to, trying to protect my guild). If I did that even once, I might as well turn her off, because nobody would ever use her. She's taken over 70,000 pieces of information and none of it has been revealed to anyone.

Threatening to reveal Toomass' stats was foolish of me- I wouldn't have done it, in the end, because ppl would stop using the bot. I was merely trying to leverage him in his threat to pk all of my guild members. CEL provides services to the EL community, like gossip and el-cel.com. Most players respect that. If you're saying that you're going to hunt me down, Toomass, rather than my whole guild- bring it on. I have no problem with that.

I would have thought that someone of your level would make a better use of time than pking unarmed/armored players with a cutlass.

Edited by scafativ

toomass you used the bot, so its not really illegal, its not like you HAD to use it lol

i see you still kill things around your skill lvl, naked people with a pick sounds about right :P

As one of the co-leaders of CEL, my first instinct was to talk with scafativ for being un-diplomatic.

But then I started laughing. I mean, if any regular player posts that they got killed in a PK map, what does the PK community tell us?

"Don't go into a PK map unless you're prepared to suffer the consequences"

Fair statement. One that I even promote.

But here we have a PKer who was in a PK map and is now NOT prepared to suffer the consequences. Not only does he not post in the right section, but the PKer killed someone and is now facing consequences (consequences he says doesn't bother him). And can't handle it since he had to post here.

PKers... if you are going to tell others to suffer the consequences of being in a PK map... then do the same.

This really is a good reminder, that we should all be carefull when sharing information with other people. Whether it's in EL, over the internet or in real life.

Scafativ deserve pk list for that....at least i know now what kind of person on gossip so wont use it again

For what? Threatening someone who pked me? You guys make me laugh! I didn't do anything. Some of the pkers are such whiners in this game....

And apparently I already was on the pk list. :S

No sense...

scaf

anyone who uses gossip agrees on giving away information to a bot. same as giving away info to a person. so don't bitch you gave it the info yourself.

as for scaf trying to defend his guildmates. I think its completely fair he does so. some ppl like scaf(and yeah I know him) value their guildfriends and protect them.

as for you toomass stop bitching lol. is this the way to get over the rost you lost? bitching at others while you got owned by me and smooms?

anyways hf in hell:P

Hyperion

He's got a point tho, most of you put privacy on for a reason. You don't want people to know your levels. TooMass took them off for maybe 2 minutes to try the pvp match on Gossip. And then he put privacy back because he doesn't want you to know his levels. So he trusts the bot and its owner to be mature with the info he gave them. But apparently that didn't happen in this case. Scafativ threatened to publically tell TooMass his stats.

The point is that Scafatic almost abused TooMass his trust in his bot and himself by giving out info about him. No, he didn't do it indeed and he's lucky to have thought it over in time or perhaps half of EL would've quit using Gossip.

On a side note, I've recently realized our privacy is useless around my a/d, people read my stats by rank anyway and so do I to other people. I just took my privacy off and won't put it on again unless I get too many newbs trying to add me to friends or anything.

-Blee

You like to go PKing? Think about the consequences.

You use a sword and your high levels to PK ppl, so they maybe isolate you and wont trade with you, sell you stuff, return your DB or ban you from their bots or even do other things.

You PK'd scarativ, took his stuff (ok, a pickaxe) and now youre whining?

Grow up.

And next time you PK ppl think what youre doing.

Expect consequences.

Really.

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

The point is that Scafativ almost abused TooMass his trust in his bot and himself by giving out info about him. No, he didn't do it indeed and he's lucky to have thought it over in time or perhaps half of EL would've quit using Gossip.

-Blee

Well, again- I didn't. I won't. I was responding to a threat, in a foolish way, to put my guild on a pk list. I reserve the right to prevent people who pk my guildmates from using gossip, though. Anyone who wants to intellectually challange that- I'd be interested in hearing your arguments.

How do people read your stats if you have privacy on, BleedingSoul?

scaf

Edited by scafativ

Maybe keeping a log of the PMs gossip transmits to other players is too much of a responsibility for one person..

I remember hearing a discussion a while back saying that Entropy stated the only thing ingame that is not logged is PM messaging - maybe you should consider the possible reasons that the great man himself decided that was the best option, and do the same to gossip.

I can understand you wanting to log messages sent using gossip, although apart from getting slushy with admire Jezebelle I won't be using gossip's offline PM features any longer until the PM logging feature is removed.

Those stats arn't far wrong TooMass lol.

Hm, your coord isn't much more than mine :)

I've got a question on the privacy issue - now, I realize some people don't like n00bs trying to add them to their buddy lists... but what is everyone so afraid of with showing your stats? Are you that ashamed of what you earned, or do you have something to hide?

Umm..if you were mad he revealed your stats, why did you post a picture of them here?

EDIT: why do people care about what they edit?

Edited by Zerth

Umm..if you were mad he revealed your stats, why did you post a picture of them here?

EDIT: why do people care about what they edit?

Zerth- I didn't reveal anything- and he never said I did. I made a stupid threat, and he decided to tell the world. He pked me, and threatened to pk my whole guild, so I threatened to strike back in the only way that I could.

You know, TooMass, if everyone that got pked for no reason posted a boo-hoo on here like you did, Radu'd have to buy a bigger server for the forums.

scaf

anyone who uses gossip agrees on giving away information to a bot. same as giving away info to a person. so don't bitch you gave it the info yourself.

not everyone knew about ,,privacy'' at gossip

I've got a question on the privacy issue - now, I realize some people don't like n00bs trying to add them to their buddy lists... but what is everyone so afraid of with showing your stats? Are you that ashamed of what you earned, or do you have something to hide?

:)

U have secret scafmirer

[20:30:34] [PM from gossip: I can't set you up with a pvp partner w/o seeing your stats. I will *never* reveal your matchme stats to anyone ever! ]

As you can see, gossip says for everybody that stats will never be revealed for anyone.

Reason doesn't matter, scafativ did reveal stats of TooMass, so I would call him scammer.

:)

Edited by ville-v

He did not, toomass revealed his own stats. :) Go go TooMass. :)

Btw, with that stats, he would not need to post that info on gossip for training with someone (come on, very few people can pvp with him), the only reason i can imagine for that is to get a buyer for his char.

Anyway, great stats TooMass, but i thought you had higher p/c.

Edited by Lorck

scafativ

Toomass, I only related one of your messages back to you when you denied that I had any control over Gossip. I can only read messages by doing a query, and I did so to prove to you that you have, indeed, used gossip in the past. I have not, nor would I ever, reveal any messages or stats from gossip (although I'm guilty here of threatening to, trying to protect my guild). If I did that even once, I might as well turn her off, because nobody would ever use her. She's taken over 70,000 pieces of information and none of it has been revealed to anyone.

Threatening to reveal Toomass' stats was foolish of me- I wouldn't have done it, in the end, because ppl would stop using the bot. I was merely trying to leverage him in his threat to pk all of my guild members. CEL provides services to the EL community, like gossip and el-cel.com. Most players respect that. If you're saying that you're going to hunt me down, Toomass, rather than my whole guild- bring it on. I have no problem with that.

I would have thought that someone of your level would make a better use of time than pking unarmed/armored players with a cutlass.

Using what someone has posted on gossip against a person is like a kind of black mail and i think you deserve what you got also you pm me with" toomass is leaving and why make the guild suffer because ca$h wont be able to use gossip" he may be leaving but im not so gossip and you can go to hell with my help good day to you !

Gossip is a really great bot. I use it both for getting info about player's stats/ranks and for leaving msg for people off line (not to mention sending 'admire' to Hype). If I want to say something personal I use email.

Noone is forced to using bots. Scaf showed that CEL as non pk guild can 'harm' a strong pker. And I like it ;)

Gossip is a really great bot. I use it both for getting info about player's stats/ranks and for leaving msg for people off line (not to mention sending 'admire' to Hype). If I want to say something personal I use email.

Noone is forced to using bots. Scaf showed that CEL as non pk guild can 'harm' a strong pker. And I like it ;)

I agree reni,

ive used gossip from the start to leave messages, to check stats and to admire reni... its really great, I even use the pvp matching a lot just to see who can be a possible match.

Besides I trust scafativ. he is a good lad. and I can see why he did this, I would have done the same.

Hype

Edited by Hyperion