Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Report the Little Bugs Now for fixing in 1.9.5

Work has already begun on new additions to maps for 1.9.5, as well as fixing some random things. (No planned date yet, but aiming for sometime in the first half of 2016.)

If you've noticed any "little things" that seem buggy, please start reporting them here.

Note:

- Remember to provide the map name and the exact coordinates (or as close as possible).

- Please have these map fixes installed, and there's obviously no need to report the things that are fixed with those map fixes.

Little things can include:

1- flickering of ground items when the camera rotates or while walking. (Please check with no shadows, if it's shadows causing it I can't really do anything. Also some flickering tends to be specific to certain computer setups or graphic cards, but I can check it at least.)

2- stepping a bit too far into a rock or building or such so that 50% or more of your character is inside the item in question.

Or similarly, it seems like you *should* be able to step somewhere but you can't.

3- Floating way too high or sinking way too low in spots. (Height marking is very limited compared to the 3d nature of most games, so "too high" should be defined as approximately half the size of a leather boot - note that sand/quicksand spots such as those in Bethel and Melinis are intentional as well.)

4- Unreachable harvestable items where they should be reachable. (As in there's similar harvestables nearby. "Decor" such as the quartzes on the EVTR main map or PL are not supposed to be reached.)

I think you get the idea. Basically it must involve the map itself, anything else is beyond my ability to fix.

SECRET LOC? I know them all, just give the name and coords without providing how to enter it.

It could be a few months before I get to anything posted here, as I have a large list of new stuff to accomplish and as well have my own glitch-fix list, but if posted here it will get looked at before the next client comes out. Just getting this posted early so if you remember something, there's no need to rush there to get coords or such, just post next time you happen to go there.

Edited by Burn

I can't change harvability without permission, I'll have to take that up with Roja. (But likely has to do with its proximity to storage, or its for design only. If deemed useful it could make for a nasty-crowded place being so small as well.)

You are in White Stone - You're in White Stone City [148,662]

You are in White Stone - You're in White Stone City [148,658]

You can stand inside a house

You are in Emerald Valley Trade Route - Barrenlands of Sorrow [314,116]

You walk into the tree.

Edit: Remembered my favorite meditation spot ;)

You are in Idaloran [62,447]

You're floating in the air.

Edit2: You are in Hulda, Land of the Ice Gale [83,19]

You float over water.

Edited by Lalaith

You are in Desert Pines - Evergreen Woods [20,331]

Unable to walk from telly star (20,331), (if you come from the telly star east), to CC Cave Entrance (You are in Desert Pines - Evergreen Woods [44,298])

without getting stuck in trees. Have tried, with horse & speedhax, with no luck.

My Position: White Stone - Lakeside Village [686,151]

I'm standing in the wall of a hut. Several tiles are walkable here in this wall.

Edited by Elke

You are in White Stone - Orvale Mountains [151,489], [157,479], and [159,493]

You're floating in the air.

You are in Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [113,274]

An arrow in midair.

underground dandelion: You are in Irinveron [492,233]

A tiger lily under the ground-You are in Palon Vertas [165,137]
A plate that is completely hidden behind a wall and doesn't appear to be used for a secret-You are in Thelinor Caves [57,110]

Edited by Rosabel

My Position: Desert Pines [249,136]

The big red rock adjacent to this position is floating above the sand

You are in South Redmoon Island [54,323]

You are in South Redmoon Island [54,324]

altitude: When you sit "on" a rock, the rock comes up to your chest.

You are in White Stone [729,602] there are like 10 spots here that shouldn't be walkable. The tiles that shouldn't be walkable go 2 tiles back here so you can be entirely hidden or do a good Han Solo impression.

You are in White Stone - Elavro Mountains [421,684]
You are in White Stone - Elavro Mountains [421,683]
You are in White Stone - Elavro Mountains [421,682]
You are in White Stone - Elavro Mountains [421,681]
You are in White Stone - Elavro Mountains [422,682]
You are in White Stone - Elavro Mountains [422,683]

Despite my silence, I'm still accepting these. Only responding if there's something immediate to respond to, otherwise everything will be checked/fixed before the next release, whenever that may be.

Note: If you're using the current "Burned Maps" tab maps, you can just give the map name (ex: "map3_insides", found directly above or below the BurnedMaps logo on each map) rather than try to explain the map you're on, particularly for insides. I'll have to determine that anyway to know which map to fix. Not necessary, just if it makes it easier to report.

Fixed for next release (whenever that may be):

Walk into building - You are in White Stone - You're in White Stone City [148,662]
Walk into building - You are in White Stone - You're in White Stone City [148,658]
You are in Carmien Manor [157,177] titanium ore in wall (was kind of a "secret", bringing it out now since it's public)
You are in Emerald Valley Trade Route - Barrenlands of Sorrow [314,116] - walk into tree
You are in Idaloran [62,447] floating - fixed as best as possible, very difficult to get such rocks done well due to limited height options
You are in Hulda, Land of the Ice Gale [83,19] - floating over water (also fixed a couple other noted similar spots)
My Position: White Stone - Lakeside Village [686,151] - walk into house (also fixed house beside it)
You are in White Stone - Orvale Mountains [151,489], [157,479], and [159,493] - floating - fixed as best as possible, difficult height options
You are in Aeth Aelfan, the Elven Homeland [113,274] - arrow in midair
underground dandelion: You are in Irinveron [492,233]
A tiger lily under the ground-You are in Palon Vertas [165,137] (removed it)
A plate that is completely hidden behind a wall and doesn't appear to be used for a secret-You are in Thelinor Caves [57,110]
My Position: Desert Pines [249,136] - rock floating over sand
You are in South Redmoon Island [91,65] - walk into tree
You are in South Redmoon Island [54,323] - height too low on rock (best cleanup possible with limited height options, including surrounding area)
You are in Thelinor [191,193] and You are in Thelinor [191,194] shouldn't be walkable
You are in White Stone [729,602] - walk where shouldn't
You are in White Stone - Elavro Mountains [421,684] etc.
Okay, that catches things up so I can go back to completely redoing one of the maps... keep 'em coming, will probably a long while before a new release but that just means more time to find bad stuffs. ;-)

I don't know if this is exactly a bug or what, but I have one heck of a time walking in the WS sewers. I have to click several times to finally get it to take and walk there, esp the "cat walk" where the imp spawns. I've tried it with mouse bug option clicked and still no change. There are a few other areas that I have trouble with as well. but I can't remember them.

Thanks

That's a height issue, can happen anywhere the height changes a lot (NRM rd path for example).

Having the camera angle as close to "directly down" as possible helps.

But yeah, not something I can do anything about.

The following coordinates are places where you can walk into buildings in wsc. I will try all the other buildings too next week.

You are in White Stone - You're in White Stone City [148,658]

You are in White Stone - You're in White Stone City [153,658]

You are in Sedicolis [31,130]

You are in South Kilaran [47,134]

Both spots: There's a rock you can walk through.

Edited by Lalaith