Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ateh

A NEW DAY

DAY OF QUIT YOUR BITCHIN :

Today , you will not be able to wear any Metal or Dragon Armors and the best sword you can use is the Titanium Serp. This means if your wearing these items right now, you have 0 armor rating. LOLZ Your Great Sword is doing 0 damage to.

ROLEPLAY : To honor the God of Manufacturing, today all fighters will wear only the most basic leather armors and use the most feared weapons from the days of old. Any who dare to use other armors will find that the God of Death looks forward to thier demise.

That about raps it up. Leather Armor PKing. For a full EL Day.

*EDIT* Of course, what you can do with this thread, for the hardcore PKrs who do like the basic idea, is improve upon it with other restrictions on armors , weapons ... such as Iron Plate pnly, IDK , you could just say its a bad idea :)

Edited by Ateh

It's not a bad idea, to force you to change up your kit a little or maybe try different mobs - even just for training purposes, though some may already do this on no rost day. I still like the idea.

iirc wasnt the "old school" Pk gear, iron set and ti serp?

other than that i like it

Go even older than that. Titanium chain mail, leather pants, leather boots, iron helm, titanium serpent sword.

Just go to the old school pk map.

Maybe with this idea you will get to see magicians and summoners dropping fighters like flies, even more than now

Just go to the old school pk map.

Maybe with this idea you will get to see magicians and summoners dropping fighters like flies, even more than now

I posted this suggestion as it seems KF is here to stay as ND for the future, and personally I thought it might be fun to go there and see nothing but low end gear in use.

Seeing as the argument against using low end gear is allways ''But Player X will just come in wearing full ****** and kill everyone '' , it seemed logical ( spock ) to suggest this day.

But I see your point boog, its better to go to TD and loose everything youve got on you to a mage / stoner ( oops I meant summoner ) than it is to level the playing field for 6 hours for some harmless fun [/sarcasm]

\I posted this suggestion as it seems KF is here to stay as ND for the future, and personally I thought it might be fun to go there and see nothing but low end gear in use.

So the whole reason for this day is to make KF more fun for PKers by removing high level armors/weapons from everybody.

And honestly, ND map for leather armor and a few HE/SR?

Edited by boognish

Just make sure people will do at least the damage they would do while boxing. If a person Really did 0 damage in combat, it would be abused as a training device and folk would fight monsters that don't have a chance to hurt them, resulting in fighting, fleeing, fighting the same monster for hours on end.

I'm not a fighter. Just making that known. But I think this is a good idea. It's basically Day of No High End Gear. It will make fighters change their strategy for 6 hours. It can be good to shake things up a bit now and then by changing the rules. It will also level the playing field in terms of wealth. Players that don't have enough gc to buy all the best armor and weapons will no longer be at a disadvantage against those who do.

Ok, I'll go back to mixing now.

Just make sure people will do at least the damage they would do while boxing. If a person Really did 0 damage in combat, it would be abused as a training device and folk would fight monsters that don't have a chance to hurt them, resulting in fighting, fleeing, fighting the same monster for hours on end.

I don't understand how the content of your post has anything to do with anything else that's been said in this thread.

What's going to possibly induce "0 damage in combat"?

DAY OF QUIT YOUR BITCHIN :

Today , you will not be able to wear any Metal or Dragon Armors and the best sword you can use is the Titanium Serp. This means if your wearing these items right now, you have 0 armor rating. LOLZ Your Great Sword is doing 0 damage to.

ROLEPLAY : To honor the God of Manufacturing, today all fighters will wear only the most basic leather armors and use the most feared weapons from the days of old. Any who dare to use other armors will find that the God of Death looks forward to thier demise.

That about raps it up. Leather Armor PKing. For a full EL Day.

*EDIT* Of course, what you can do with this thread, for the hardcore PKrs who do like the basic idea, is improve upon it with other restrictions on armors , weapons ... such as Iron Plate pnly, IDK , you could just say its a bad idea :D

I don't understand how the content of your post has anything to do with anything else that's been said in this thread.

What's going to possibly induce "0 damage in combat"?

There. I underlined and bolded it for you.

\I posted this suggestion as it seems KF is here to stay as ND for the future, and personally I thought it might be fun to go there and see nothing but low end gear in use.

So the whole reason for this day is to make KF more fun for PKers by removing high level armors/weapons from everybody.

yeh but no but yeh but no but yeh but no but not just KF OMG

Edited by Ateh

i like the idea, but no col/magic pro = 1 harm

maybe with the day "old school" harms to? 5-15dmg/harm? :icon13:

and for summ nothing higher than fluffy-mnt chim

Edited by yaserhameed