Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 170 Pre RC

If you do not test the client and report issues, we will ignore your "omfg, the game doesn't work now" comments after the update.

Please download it from here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_pre_rc_26_06_08.exe

Install it in your EL DATA folder

Run el_170_rc1.exe

If you have problems with it, post here.

Also please test the minimap (alt+m)

I got a realy flower power experience when I tried to change the resolution, still flower power when I tried to change it back. restarting the client did fix the new resolution.

win XP sp2

P4 3GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

anything else needed?

BTW. minimap realy was a nice change :P

Edited by mortsllehm

omfg you can walk on the minimap thats amazing

what else is amazing is the sky , it seems to be working even with my old intel piece of **** laptop

will keep running this client and basically wandering around doing what I normally do , will report any issues if they arrise

holy smeg the sky ..........

All in all, it looks pretty good. Seems to run smoother (and quicker at startup a bit) than the SC5 I was running before. I even have reflections turned back on! :P Though I did try toggling UVP back on and all the characters/critters disappeared except for their names/healtbars. (Though I think this was a previously mentioned issue, iirc).

And I noticed this (because I make alot of use of it):

When using chat in Windowed mode, if you click the title bar of the chat window (like to move it, for example) or try to resize it, you will quit walking or harvesting. Didn't think until just now to see if it affected mixing, but when I restart it I will. (I tried posting this a few mins ago, but got the Blue Screen of Death while EL was running in the background - though I'm thinking that might be a video issue on my end, not sure. Only happens when running EL (or when I've recently run EL and then view ANY video format - MOV, WMV, MPG, etc..)

The other thing I've found pretty quick is that if you have the minimap up (which looks BADASS, I might mention! Love the rotation!) and check "Toggle Frame Buffer Support" in options, the minimap turns to static like a TV off the air (or either turns black entirely). Toggling the frame buffer support back on returns it to normal though.

Here's a screenie of the TV static-looking minimap with frame buffer support toggled on:

buf_supt_mini-map.jpg

Other than those (so far), everything seems normal (or better).

When I open the minimap (which looks great) my FPS is jumping all the time from 1 to 40 (capped) when there are like >6-7 actors in screen (like at storage). When I close the minimap the FPS is fairly constant.

Specs:

NVidia Gefore Go 7600 (256MB)

Intel Duo Core T5600 (2x 1.83Ghz)

2048MB RAM

Can we please have a linux zip with only the data?

Not yet, because the data is incomplete (needs some more stuff). Will be available in a few days.

When I open the minimap (which looks great) my FPS is jumping all the time from 1 to 40 (capped) when there are like >6-7 actors in screen (like at storage). When I close the minimap the FPS is fairly constant.

Specs:

NVidia Gefore Go 7600 (256MB)

Intel Duo Core T5600 (2x 1.83Ghz)

2048MB RAM

Strange, for me there is no difference (well, maybe half a fps).

Try to uncap the fps, see if it makes a difference.

with my laptop HP comapaq nx6310 still sky is not working. It is really buggy plus there are a lot of lines everywhere and finally el crashes. All other stuf seems to be working good.

Edited by Mafiozoboss

with my laptop HP comapaq nx6310 still sky is not working. It is really buggy plus there are a lot of lines everywhere and finally el crashes. All other stuf seems to be working good.

System specs? Screenshots?

Works fine here.

(However i play with poor man on)

EDIT: And yes, minimap is cool! Great work...

Edited by groomsh

Private Scorpius reporting in Sir!

No problems occured, the situation is nice and smooth, no drop in FPS or any other unusual stuff yet.

so for now...

Scorpius out!

Everything seems to be working fine here too. :P

#Edit - Skys look good, I still don't get any reflections, the water just turns black, and FPS drops by ~20.

Edited by Chosen

Playing it under Wine in linux, no problems at all - in fact for some reason I get better FPS under Wine than I do with the linux native CVS - go figure :P

Ubuntu 8.04 home, wine-0.9.59

I like the settings moved to the pre game screen, very nice.

Mini map, very cool.

Increased harv effects very wild.

Print in stors excellent.

The right click on your name for the drop down menu is easy access for settings.

Rick click on the stats window, another easy access menu. :rolleyes:

Rick click on spells to change order, :P

No issues to report atm. Great job.

Update - when it's raining, harv effect and xp effects work fine, once it stops raining the harv effect flickers, becomes pixilated or is non existant. Might be a video card driver issue i'm sure. Last client did the same in fact. :(

Update 2 - alt-d closes all open windows, including mini map, the old one had a setting to stay open regardless. If there's a setting for this still, i'm unable to find it.

Update 3 - I've spent the last 11 hours running this client. Not 1 real problem, and I must say, the sun sets are so nice!

set1.gif

Edited by toban

So far works fine.

I'd love to see an option allowing for disabling rotating the minimap, though.

Good job, seems to be working fine both on the desktop and the laptop. I love the sky and the mapwalking option on the minimap :P

Installed on first my first PC (siggy) and no problems to report...minimap looks great ^^. Will install on our other PCs later.

Everything looks fine and it works on my ancient machine (gf2 mx powered) with only slightly decreased frame rate. No hangs, no bugs so far. Now I'm looking for the EL sun to show up :P

EDIT: with poor man off the decrease is more significant, but still manageable.

I second that.

Edited by Lotheneil

So far works fine.

snap, i get around a 10 drop in frame rate, the sky looks awesome, but now ur gonna have to make roofs for caves ect. :D

bug: every time i leave first person my first person settings go back to default :(

#EDIT: loving the lightening ! (try looking up into the rain, very cool)

Edited by simmster

My computer hates me, and I think I installed the file corectly.

I can run EL and log in, but about 2 seconds after it crashes.

Think there is something wrong with my drivers atm, its supporting other games relatively well, but not so good with EL :/ so will try installing a new one if i can find.

Poor man on, everything else off.

Sorry if its me in advance thats installed the file wrong

Video card: Intel 945GM

Vendor ID: Intel

OpenGL Version: 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1437

Lang :D