Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Change to DP Arena.

Suggestion is:

Change it from a 40 a/d Arena, to a 50 a/d Arena, this wont affect the lower levels, just add alot more PK there, and be a better Arena, IMO. Theres not really a great need for a 40 a/d arena, thats still quite low stats, if it was chaged to 50, more people could go there, and PK would be increased.

I'll just wait for all the flames/useless posts to start about what a n00b idea it is.

I am being serious btw, 50 a/d arena would r0x0rz.

Maybe a test period of 2 weeks? :) :)

Nice idea IMO.......It would allow more people to pk there. It's so limited the way it is atm.

Ppl can still use TS pots to fight there, i guess?

And Chosen, i like your siggy, youre sooo right!

Piper

Lol :) Thanks.

Yeah, but making it a 50 a/d Arena, allowes those slighty higher to attack there, because as it is now, Naralik Arena isn't used at all, apart from the odd event. If DP was changed to 50, it would mean that the Nara Arena wouldn't be needed, and could be changed to something else. Or removed now we have the K-Jungle arena, 80s.

So...

Make DP 50 = 69/69 a/d, with -19

Remove Nara Arena.

K-Jungle 80 = 99/99.

The gap from 70-80 isn't alot in PK terms, so people who are finished at DP, can go there to PK.

I think this would help alot, for the PK. As DP is a nice arena to go to, Naralik isn't.

Well afaik Zirak is a 45 arena, why not just change that to 50 , making DP arena any higher would just make it harder for players that it is really aimed at ( not tsed pr0's)

Noone PKs on C2, it's a waste of time, to go there, from C1, suit up, get to the arena, to find noone there, to then go back to C1, and a Arena/map where there is PK. All in all, wasting 1kgc, not alot? do it 10 times a day, to find some PK, it gets very expensive.

TS'd pr0's? Nah, not really, just more people will go there looking for fights, and finding them. Thats all.

#Edit - And tbh, I didnt even know about that Arena, so that proves how useful it is, no?

Edited by Chosen

I think this is a good idea, will get come pk going there, people who have perfectly designed DPA pker characters are going to be pissed but oh well. I think Chosen is hoping to dominate if DPA becomes like this but still good idea. Maybe another c1 arena could become under 50 a/d i dont know, but a under 50 a/d arena is needed. Good idea chosen.

Arrow.

Whats the difference from fights between accounts 55-59 a/d(now) and 65-69 a/d( after dpa would be 50a/d limited)?

I mean: how would it help and to who? Coz really the only reason for this is ppl who wanna stay in dpa forever have it easier :omg:

And players w/o 1337 p/c and items who wanna test themselfs still have no chance to do anything there coz there will be always some1 to kill them or kick them out from the arena.

mp

It sounds more like a request of a person who can't PK in the DP arena anymore, but would be able to do it after the proposed change.

Instead of making DP arena 50/50 I'd rather see Conavar's suggestion implemented. 45/45 arena is just slightly too close to 40/40 (or 50/50).

I honestly don't like this idea.

Saying:

Noone PKs on C2, it's a waste of time, to go there, from C1, suit up, get to the arena, to find noone there, to then go back to C1, and a Arena/map where there is PK. All in all, wasting 1kgc, not alot? do it 10 times a day, to find some PK, it gets very expensive.

Is rather silly. Irilion is a part of the game as well as Seridia. There might be no PKing there, but it is due to the reasoning as above. Changing the DP arena wouldn't help this problem at all, on the contrary, it would only deepen it.

As far as I know a ticket to Irilion is 100gc. Moreover, there are rings, which are much cheaper than 1kgc each... or international teleport to portal room, which is less than 1kgc too.

When people are whining that some resources are too far from storage they get told:

This game was never intended to play on it's own or to be easy.

I would suppose the very same applies to other aspects of the game, including PKing and... do not sell me a bullshit, 10k gc is not that much, even if paid daily. If no other way of earning this cash is available for you ---> blue lupines ftw.

Whats the difference from fights between accounts 55-59 a/d(now) and 65-69 a/d( after dpa would be 50a/d limited)?

I mean: how would it help and to who? Coz really the only reason for this is ppl who wanna stay in dpa forever have it easier :omg:

And players w/o 1337 p/c and items who wanna test themselfs still have no chance to do anything there coz there will be always some1 to kill them or kick them out from the arena.

mp

Thats a bad thing? If people want to stay at DP for longer, because it's the only PK place, with alot of PK action? So why not increase it more.. Or I guess thats a bad thing now?

It sounds more like a request of a person who can't PK in the DP arena anymore, but would be able to do it after the proposed change.

Instead of making DP arena 50/50 I'd rather see Conavar's suggestion implemented. 45/45 arena is just slightly too close to 40/40 (or 50/50).

I honestly don't like this idea.

Saying:

Is rather silly. Irilion is a part of the game as well as Seridia. There might be no PKing there, but it is due to the reasoning as above. Changing the DP arena wouldn't help this problem at all, on the contrary, it would only deepen it.

As far as I know a ticket to Irilion is 100gc. Moreover, there are rings, which are much cheaper than 1kgc each... or international teleport to portal room, which is less than 1kgc too.

When people are whining that some resources are too far from storage they get told:

This game was never intended to play on it's own or to be easy.

I would suppose the very same applies to other aspects of the game, including PKing and... do not sell me a bullshit, 10k gc is not that much, even if paid daily. If no other way of earning this cash is available for you ---> blue lupines ftw.

Not a request at all, it's a suggestion, if it was a request I would have put 'Change DP to 50 a/d arena just for me so that I can PK there' lool.

As for the C2 bs, remove every PK map/arena/cave/whatever on C2, put one map there, and I bet it would be used more, who would walk through every single arena, to end up back in KF/NCa like I said?

PKers = Antisocial, for added PPs, those 'true' PKers anyways.. I'd have to spend ~8-10 hours on a spawn every day, just to cover the GC it's going to cost to go too C2, to find noone.

Btw, you don't PK, you don't know whats good for PKers, Van. So I don't see why you need to post your bs here IMO?.. Kthxnpbb.

Wait, what? Since when did Chosen PK other than running/signhopping kf? lal

I still don't get the point of the DP arena. The initial idea was good, a place for people who are new to pk to learn and have fun without being harrased by the older and higher level ones. All it turned into was people making new chars, giving them lots of good items and then ruining it's intended purpose.

Increasing the a/d limit only makes this problem worse.

PKers = Antisocial, for added PPs, those 'true' PKers anyways.. I'd have to spend ~8-10 hours on a spawn every day, just to cover the GC it's going to cost to go too C2, to find noone.

Btw, you don't PK, you don't know whats good for PKers, Van. So I don't see why you need to post your bs here IMO?.. Kthxnpbb.

PKers=Antisocial... Antisocial=negative perk... you took it, knowing the consequence, right? So stop crying you have to pay more for ticket to Irilion now.

This is an open suggestion forums. I can post what I want and where I want. Additionally, you posted suggested something that influences the game I play.

Mind, I didn't say your suggestion is a bullshit. On the contrary, I treated it as a serious one and post my opinion based on it. What about you finally stop showing some respect toward others and stop calling every single opinion you don't like bullshit? It would be reasonable, wouldn't it? Oh, that's probably why.

Beside it, I may be called 'Van' by a people I consider my friends or at least are my acquaintances. We do not know eachotherj well enough or like each other to call you a friend and I do not acknowledge you as my acquiantance. Could you possibly use my nick as it's written?

Wait, what? Since when did Chosen PK other than running/signhopping kf? lal

I still don't get the point of the DP arena. The initial idea was good, a place for people who are new to pk to learn and have fun without being harrased by the older and higher level ones. All it turned into was people making new chars, giving them lots of good items and then ruining it's intended purpose.

Increasing the a/d limit only makes this problem worse.

I was in PK the most, for a year, I think I know what I'm talking about. I wonder why people made new chara's for DP arena? Maybe cos there isn't any PK anywhere else, so increasing the a/d wont do anything but increase it alittle more.

PKers=Antisocial... Antisocial=negative perk... you took it, knowing the consequence, right? So stop crying you have to pay more for ticket to Irilion now.

This is an open suggestion forums. I can post what I want and where I want. Additionally, you posted suggested something that influences the game I play.

Mind, I didn't say your suggestion is a bullshit. On the contrary, I treated it as a serious one and post my opinion based on it. What about you finally stop showing some respect toward others and stop calling every single opinion you don't like bullshit? It would be reasonable, wouldn't it? Oh, that's probably why.

Beside it, I may be called 'Van' by a people I consider my friends or at least are my acquaintances. We do not know eachotherj well enough or like each other to call you a friend and I do not acknowledge you as my acquiantance. Could you possibly use my nick as it's written?

Lol I never walk to C2, waste of time again. Ring, or Magic.

I know that.

I show respect to those who show it back, which you don't.

I can call you what I want, no?

Thanks for that Van. <3

WOW FOR A YEAR?!?! BIG GRATZ BEEFEH

lmfao, why do noobs think they know so much when they really don't? ;/

I don't?

Whoever you are, probs havn't played since days befor COL, come on now, and expect to be the all knowing one, because your an 'older' player. Lets be serious, PK will never be what it used to be, the game has developed alot since then. For the better IMO.

Btw, no need for your useless post, just Trolling ftl. :P

Work out who I am for yourself Arigorn ;>

and what else are these forums for? Nothing else happens here lolz

and I played through helm of life, col, and all this other new stuff, trust me when I say I know what PK is like.

The basis still remains, all your suggestion is for is so that you can stay in DP arena longer. Grow some balls and play with the big boys now :)

The basis still remains, all your suggestion is for is so that you can stay in DP arena longer. Grow some balls and play with the big boys now :)

I've done that alot, I do it now, there isn't any PK even for me running around KF with 63/66 a/d.. It's the same as when I was 117/128, nothing. Increasing the Arena cap, increases the amount of people who can PK there, thus increasing PK.

I'd like to hear what Ent has to say on this, as 99% of people I ask at DP arena like the Idea, only people who don't like the idea, are those of you who still wont be able to attack, so you don't agree, cos it dosn't affect you, at all. Yet you all comment here.

Ofcourse, It's a public forum and I've got 30 mins to waste before I go out, what better way to pass the time than flaming here?

and obviously I don't really care what happens, but in my view this arena was meant as a place lower levels could fight and get a taste of pking on their own terms, instead it has become full of characters specifically built for it, just something fundamentally wrong with that imo :)

These kind of posts make me want to remove all PK maps/areas on c1.

DP arena will stay 40. Now it sounds like you guys keep bringing up the issue that Naralik arena is out of the way... so what if the 60's arena was moved to Nordcarn?

Now it sounds like you guys keep bringing up the issue that Naralik arena is out of the way... so what if the 60's arena was moved to Nordcarn?

If you plan on making the existing arena in NC 60's and messing up PK a little more then NO or do you plan on making a new arena ?

Nc is the a very well used arena by all levels. if you are thinking about changing any . WS would be the best option

Edited by conavar

Well, i have to agree to keep it the way it is, or even lower it to keep the big bad bullies out of it!

I never go in when there is a bully trying to coax me in the arena, telling me to follow them, they will show me secrets...

LOL. It's obvious they just sit there at the edge waiting to kill and jump your bag. Why bother to go in at all?

I think there are enough areas like that for the guys who have it all, but very few places for newbies to practice, without looking over their shoulder all the time.

Too many times while pking with friend for practice a bully comes to stand close... why? We just run away. They say i wont hurt you, i wont take your bag..

Then why are you so close to us?

And why are you complaining about the gc, if you can use magic, etc?

Perhaps there could be a channel for pk, and requests posted, when, where, who, etc.

But if you just want to kill ppl and bj, then i can see why there wouldnt be a response, it it a game after all.

It does pose challenges indeed for anyone trying to pk and gain experience. I dont like 'walking' back and forth free from c1 to c2, it takes forever and is boring, but with leo i have to do that now.

I like har on c2 better than c1 so i do it. Smile.

I guess if i was a pker id be on the pk server instead of on c1? And, id read a lot of books waiting for someone to show to pk with on c2 or kf or pk caves on c1.

Reading the reasons why people play eternal lannds was a good read for me. It made a lot of sense.