Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Peace Day?

just to be clear here; this topic is not directed against Jaxbot or the other pathetic one that placed the mines..boys will be boys and wanting to play with their toys; who can blame them? ^^

This topic is for the management and the community to perhaps reconsider the working of landmines on Peace day..

Jez

then you should have posted this in suggestion since its a suggestion to make the landmines work differently on peace day =)

It's a good day to harvest yetis with mines, they can't attack you and you have fine gc + chance on nice drops :D But still I think it sucks mines work on peace day...

well i see people selling small mines for 1k like jaxbot...are u serious about using a 1kgc mine to kill a monster that drops ~160gc average and some silver rings sometimes? (seems to me like u just wanna save ur ass and get people to use their landmines somewhere else on peace day :angry:)

For 160gc each I can mix those mines easily myself :angry: And if I find a nice hydro bar I can make a nice profit on top :D

maybe a year ago yeh, but once that got changed yetis stopped dropping hydro bars. so.... do it like jaxbot and make the most profit u can get? why killing yetis for some lame gc when u can get arti capes or NMTs from ppl xD

ye, and i'm peach-laden :angry:

i wanted to be temp-laden but now im Saddam-temp

Reconsider how they work today?

If their gonna be changed for peace day, I say they do double damage and can be trigger with a far-off use :D

just to be clear here; this topic is not directed against Jaxbot or the other pathetic one that placed the mines..boys will be boys and wanting to play with their toys; who can blame them? ^^

This topic is for the management and the community to perhaps reconsider the working of landmines on Peace day..

Jez

then you should have posted this in suggestion since its a suggestion to make the landmines work differently on peace day =)

Any mod is free to move this topic then.

Jez

Jez

hmm well. i have nothing against u but, honestly.. the pathetic one is the one who complains on forums about something he doesnt like cause it is or has been a disadvantage for him, not the one who was smart enough to use strategy to get what he wants :D (just my view, not trying to start a flamewar or somethin but thats how i see it)

Ok, so I found out that Jezebelle had some non-tailorable clothes on, so I decided to lay mines and try to blow her up.

QOTW pls?

Edited by Tempest

If their gonna be changed for peace day, I say they do double damage and can be trigger with a far-off use :D

That's a good idea (the double damage on peace day).

There will be remotely triggered mines.

To make blowing ass game fair, introduce mine disarm device that allows to remove the mine safely. High level of engineering skill could be required in order to operate it. Alternatively think about a spell that reveals this stuff.

If their gonna be changed for peace day, I say they do double damage and can be trigger with a far-off use :P

That's a good idea (the double damage on peace day).

There will be remotely triggered mines.

While i would be totally cheesed if it happened to me, it hasn't so far so I think it's great (and quite funny) that someone(s) have used initiative and brains to find ways around "hinderances" that they find in the game.

IMO anything that makes people think about how they play is a good thing and long may this type of thing continue.

In short: mines rock, Ent rocks and the idea of remote mines is just pr0!!11!

I have read a lot of these forums (even tho I don't post much) and WITHOUT WANTING TO OFFEND ANYONE I have to say: whatever Ent does, someone will bitch about it (see the man-eating-leopard post with harv'ers bitching etc) but hey - it is a GREAT AND COMTINUOUSLY DEVELOPING GAME! I just think that maybe it's a bit off to moan about 1 or 2 aspects of a game that many people work hard to make as great as it is (ok, Ent does most, but others help :P ).

I'm just saying, maybe this isn't something to moan about and instead is just something to be viewed with admiration. Let's face it, with some of the players on here it's a blessing that there are still some on here that actually think about what they do :)

P.S. - going on like this is why I rarely post ;)

Well, you don't harm anyone, you just place the mines, and hope for the best ;)

lmao :)

bit of excitement on peace day in a PK MAP woot, gratz Jax

Mines are pr0. Nice to see engineering finally being useful. Double damage on Peace day? \o/ Remote detonation? FTW! :)

Edit: Just an idea, what about mines that are detonated setting off mines within 1 or 2 tiles around them as well, a chain reaction if you will... ;)

Edited by XenaMT

Pffft Jax, you've just copied what me and mup did last peace day :P, lol. We got a fair few merc hunters ourselves last time.....was very funny. Then again I did end up standing on one in the end -.- hehe

I don't think theres anything wrong with putting a few mines here and there on peace day, I mean... we need to liven things up and keep things fun don't we? :D

Always a chance of dying still, regardless of the *peace* part, and we all know the *best keep a rosto at all times if we have stuff more than its worth yada yada yada story* Don't we? :P

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Lang ;)

Shame we can't put them near the bread spawn :) jk :D

Ok, so I found out that Jezebelle had some non-tailorable clothes on, so I decided to lay mines and try to blow her up.

So I put the mines in two different bags, and was about to summon a rabbit to step on them, when suddenly this noob steps on them and ruins my plan :rolleyes:.

You know, you can step on your own mines and trigger them. With a COL and some restoration and armor you might have been able to kill her :medieval:

So I put the mines in two different bags, and was about to summon a rabbit to step on them, when suddenly this noob steps on them and ruins my plan :D.

You know, you can step on your own mines and trigger them. With a COL and some restoration and armor you might have been able to kill her :)

Thats how we figured out they worked last peace day, stepped on our own :medieval:

and thats what we did in NC mines uselly, but Jaxbot didnt have CoL on and I guess was to lazy to get it, I'm now slamming him with books for that :pickaxe:

and:

Pffft Jax, you've just copied what me and mup did last peace day , lol.

Umm, can I say BULL? We didnt copy, we were one of the firsts to know, and I'm pretty sure it never happened before us. (peace day bombing) we even asked learner first and he didnt know. And FYI, we killed mup, then y'all started playing. So no, you copied us, not vice versa. I uselly dont care, but making that stuff up makes me sad inside :rolleyes:

EDIT: the above happened last peace day

And the convo with quim after we killed mup next to him was quite funny :pickaxe:

As for today, got some pr0 drops, so its all good. Had fun supplying mines to a NC bomber, him doing mayham first time, most people didnt know what happened. (did what you said radu, had col on and activated himself.) Then he did it again, and killed himself! lol, good times, good times :)

Cant wait for remote triggerd mines, engineering is fun even though I'm still low level :D

~KgN

Edited by kaGen

hehehe, i was there....

gives new meaning to "afk harvesting" :medieval:

set a few myself ...guildy tried but blew himself up :rolleyes: not saying his name...but we all know hehehe.

i took damage too from the mines, but hey, it's pk map, gotta expect stuff like that with the new engineering skill, woke everyone up, that's for sure.

Keep the fun coming Radu :D

I was on when Kagen and Jax did it to Muppet, and the way it played out was hilariously funny. (And I got some hot new duds because of it.) :D But, after thinking about it for a bit, I pm'd Kag that this trick would effectively wipe out Peace Day.

Peace Day was always a day for weaker players and non-fighters to go into PK maps to harv, explore, or finish quests. That can't happen anymore because people who want to PK can now do it with mines on Peace Day. This means that Peace Day is nothing but a negative day for non-PKers now. We can't train or hunt for drops, but we can still be killed if we step on the wrong spot. So no more going into PK maps on Peace Day.

Maybe this will change once mine-clearing items or spells are made, but until then Peace Day doesn't really exist, in functional terms. There is no peace on Peace Day. It's just a no-training/hunting day.

But frankly, Ent, imo, if you're going to let it be possible to kill people on the day we supposedly revere life, you may as well delete Peace Day altogether. I mean, what's the point in it now - a day to enjoy a hypocritical BS message on log-in? Makes no difference to me. I ignore most of the special days anyway (except the ones I can't ignore). I'm just saying, it's either peace or it isn't, and imo, I think you should pick one, for consistency.

It would be nice to see a message about the explosion ...

Most of the people were wondering what is happening (me too) that they are losing health.

I was lucky to have CoL and I was not afk, so no real harm for me (just ~130 health) , i checked history, but haven't found a single message about mines or explosion (I guess an explosion can not happen unnoticed :D)

I don't think theres anything wrong with putting a few mines here and there on peace day, I mean... we need to liven things up and keep things fun don't we? :D

Always a chance of dying still, regardless of the *peace* part, and we all know the *best keep a rosto at all times if we have stuff more than its worth yada yada yada story* Don't we? :)

Peace Day was always a day for weaker players and non-fighters to go into PK maps to harv, explore, or finish quests. That can't happen anymore because people who want to PK can now do it with mines on Peace Day. This means that Peace Day is nothing but a negative day for non-PKers now. We can't train or hunt for drops, but we can still be killed if we step on the wrong spot. So no more going into PK maps on Peace Day.

Maybe this will change once mine-clearing items or spells are made, but until then Peace Day doesn't really exist, in functional terms. There is no peace on Peace Day. It's just a no-training/hunting day.

But frankly, Ent, imo, if you're going to let it be possible to kill people on the day we supposedly revere life, you may as well delete Peace Day altogether. I mean, what's the point in it now - a day to enjoy a hypocritical BS message on log-in? Makes no difference to me. I ignore most of the special days anyway (except the ones I can't ignore). I'm just saying, it's either peace or it isn't, and imo, I think you should pick one, for consistency.

Everlasting EL conflict of interest :D versus :D , Neanderthals vs Intelectuals, pk'ers vs non-pk'ers :D

As much as I agree with Jezebelle and peino that killing on a day where we are supposed to celebrate all forms of life is wrong, I can accept that such rule does not apply to these few pk maps.

On the other hand, pk'ers do have the entire separate server to put mines whenever and wherever they want .... No need to ruin the day of others who do not find it funny to be blown up ....

Mixed feelings then ....

I would say - suspend mines on a Peace Day until countermeasures are available in game (mine detecting device/spell)

Everlasting EL conflict of interest :) versus :D , Neanderthals vs Intelectuals, pk'ers vs non-pk'ers :D

Never one to pass up irony, its Intellectuals.

Perhaps avoid pk maps on any day if you are going to cry about it? :D

False logic, and additionally you are making pk'ers big disservice -> if people avoid pk maps, where pk'ers will find their victims ? :D

:D

Peace day is not an absolute, for eg. Guard Bots can still pwn u.

Setting mines is not engaging in a direct physical attack, and through a CoL and perhaps some armor they can be countered easily by pk'ers and non-pk'ers alike.

And also;

lmao nice one Jax :D