molime

petition for attributes cap

Attributes cap - yes or no  

449 members have voted

1. 1. Attributes cap at 48

• Yes, cap like this
    • No, no cap at all

Yeah, I can make bots safe from caps.

Thank you. Then i will (ofcourse) rest my case on the opinion of the majority :devlish:

I do not like the idea, both pk and manu/alch/harvesters will be effected, but as always, in the end you know what you are doing and I trust your way of thinking.

Jez

Ok, here is my final decision, after a few days of consideration:

There won't be a hard cap on the main server. That means, people will be able, in theory, to get as much coordination as they want.

The reason for that is that too many things would have to be rebalanced (most of the mobs, summoning stones, and so on).

(quoted from Here)

If I read what you said there correctly, then players will still be able to always get a higher EMU?

:devlish:

So, what was the purpose of this poll again?

Edited by legosii

There won't be a hard cap on the main server. That means, people will be able, in theory, to get as much coordination as they want.

The reason for that is that too many things would have to be rebalanced (most of the mobs, summoning stones, and so on).

(quoted from Here)

If I read what you said there correctly, then players will still be able to always get a higher EMU?

Read last post it explain it.

Ok, well, this thread will be closed now.

Like I said in the previous post, if people REALLY BADLY want that, and 2/3 of the players agree with them (66% of the votes), I'll do it.

But it will be your own poll, and it will be considered a petition. You will loby for it, not the other way around.

Voted No. This for many reasons, instead of just going with the flow, it is better to think of all the aspects that will be greatly influenced by such measures. The E.L. economy would be impacted negativley; such cloaks as the NMT will no longer be worth getting since pp's wont be as valuable as before for most player who only focus on half of the skills, due to time restrictions or just out of choice. Positive perks will finally be worth getting and the need to get negative perks will be reduced. Cols and Com wont be as popular as before (not that com is that popular anyways). If the cap does pass, a lot of changes would be needed in the near future to balance things out. It's been some time since I started playing EL; not all changes have poritively affected the game but they've been able to fix them and make this a great game.

EL economy will be helped. Fighters would likely use more resources to kill monsters, without their precious coordination. This may result in more experience per monster for the fighter (good for fighters), but more resources consumed (better for mixers).

Cloaks such as NMT should be just about as valuable as before. Perhaps pickpoints will be even more valued, as players may want both reaction and dexterity (from instinct and reasoning) to replace their precious coordination.

CoL's and CoM's may actually have strategic uses, all of a sudden. Before a cap, top fighters had to use a CoL and spend all pickpoints on coordination to stay competitive. If fighters are spending more pickpoints on increasing material points, maybe having extra mana from a CoM would be more beneficial. Once again, there would actually be thinking involved in decisions, rather than "must spend all pp's on coord. must use CoL".

(quoted from Here)

Read last post it explain it.

Ok, well, this thread will be closed now.

Like I said in the previous post, if people REALLY BADLY want that, and 2/3 of the players agree with them (66% of the votes), I'll do it.

But it will be your own poll, and it will be considered a petition. You will loby for it, not the other way around.

Ok, got it now.

But still...

If this petition passes, will Entropy keep a way for players to keep expanding their Emu?

*is still rather confused*

:)

No, there is no plan to have players expand their EMU (except for a mule pet that will come eventually in the game, but it won't be useful for carying lilacs)

Definitely a ditto there! I can not wait to see what he means by that :)

edit: the original post quoted was about what happens when all fighters simply max out reasoning and instinct.

Assuming the maximum phys & coord, that is 88 pickpoints spent. This means a player needs 172 pickpoints to max out instinct and reasoning as well (to max out dexterity and reaction). This is 172 pickpoints, and leaves a player with 32 mana. If we take 20 will or vitality, this means 188 pickpoints, and not so much toughness or material points. I don't think many realize how difficult (essentially impossible) it is to max out these skills and have a decent character.

Even if someone can land every hit with uber dexterity and reaction, weapons such as the staff of mage (which can drain or burn mana) in conjunction with a mirror cloak would force even the strongest of the strong to run for their very lives.

Edited by asgnny

this is just my opinion....we are all entitled to one so dont be biting my head off (like a few pms i have had)

As i said in other poll, we will be stuck with neg perks that we would not have taken if we knew levels would be capped...and to answer the pms i am one of the "older" players who have been here since the start, i stuck with it through thick&thin. I remember the famous bag bugs full of gc and the game crash when we lost our first chars..This is the 2nd char i have got to 100'soa lvl and i have been through alot of resets.i am very happy with this char, finally....now i would have to reset yet again.

I like this game because its is everything that runescape&WOW isnt, it has a great community and no limits to your character build.If this must happen :) ,We should have someway to get rid of our negs, even if you have to pay an NPC 100k to do so. because resetting again is just not worth it.

No skill caps are being added. You will still have the same number of pickpoints to spend as you see fit. Instead of extra coordination to help you block enemies, you can have extra instinct. Both give you the same exact reaction cross-attribute. There is no loss, therefore no reason to double back on your commitment to any negative perk(s). I have reset from overall level 150 before (not even because of bad perks), so I understand your desire not to reset. If taking a neg perk for X pickpoints is deemed worthwhile, you would still have X pickpoints in exchange for the same neg perk afterwards. You are no worse off. On the positive side, this is a change that EL desperately needs. Read through the plethora of good reasons and explanations in the discussion thread if you want a better understanding.

Please, don't be selfish. Do what is better for EL.

This only applies to fighters. The people like myself who got the negative perks for EMU only and harvesting purposes are the ones who get burned on the negative perks if we have over 88 points invested in our p/c. I do. I only took the perks to get the EMU but this post is just to clarify on your statement about no one losing out. I voted yes because I want the pets and because it would be good for the game over all especially with the spawns being adjusted. :)

TirunCollimdus

Haha, I like how this thread was made for simple opinions, yet you still manage to ignore that. :)

? I have absolutely no clue what you mean here. 'Made for simple opinions'? This thread was made for a 2nd chance to vote, now more well thought out and informed. And what does Ent ignore now exactly?

'Absolutely no' is indeed a very very simple opinion. But some motivation would be nice, and motivation why it sucks that the majority of the players wants to improve things.

I'm not going to elaborate, I said no because I did read this thread, twice, and I still think it should be a note. and I was referring to what conavar said.

Anyways, whatever, forget it, maybe next time i'll just ignore one of these threads if I can't vote how I want to without being, for lack of a better word, attacked over it.

I'm not going to elaborate, I said no because I did read this thread, twice, and I still think it should be a note. and I was referring to what conavar said.

Anyways, whatever, forget it, maybe next time i'll just ignore one of these threads if I can't vote how I want to without being, for lack of a better word, attacked over it.

You can vote however the fuck you want, but if you decide to also POST, it would be good to at least explain WHY you voted that way.

You can vote however the fuck you want, but if you decide to also POST, it would be good to at least explain WHY you voted that way.

:)PWNED! ;)

There is another point I would like to mention here. After hearing many opinions about why a cap would be good/bad I decided to read more into attributes. I realized this. With a cap being put into place and people having to allocate there PP in different places, I think that PK will be more interesting for many reasons.

1. People wont be as scarred to enter a PK map as before.

2. With more PP to place elsewhere then people will see new things with a different PP placement.

3. If you look at the other attributes and what they do then I notice that there is a great possiblility that the summon aspect in PK will be much better because the attributes that PPL dont use now greatly affect the strenth of summoned creatures.

4. And most important, PK will in general be more of challenge. Because right now PK is more of a suicide mission right now without the help of a ton of people to walk through with rather than a challenge.

Now there is many other reasons why the cap will be helpful. And I personally cant wait to see what should happen when stats like "instinct" (does anyone even use that yet) can be raised without fear of not having PP for COORD.

For these and many other reason I changed my vote from "NO" to "YES"

I personally think the image replies Entropy came up with are pretty funny :) I love the kitty one with the Rubix Cube

I must agree though, may as well post WHY you voted yes/no if you're going to post at all ;) It would probably help others vote your decision too, since you're wanting to convince people "no" is the better way.

Ok I vote Absolutely No. I don't really see why this is needed. I have been working on a fighter character for some time now. I am not high level by any means, because I cannot dedicate an insane amount of time to it. I completely understand that there will always be players that can extinguish me. and I am very happy with that.

I would hate to think that It's possible that someone like Myself, could possibly get to the point that I could successfully take out someone who has dedicated an enormous amount of time, (say a year and a half or more), to reach the top, and then even more time to maintain his position, suddenly find out that another character who does the same for a few months could possibly defeat them.

I will probably stick with the game if this happens, but I really don't want to be forced to change to another profession in game because I have reached full potential as a fighter. I think that if there needs to be some type of control on such things, then It should maybe be in a different form, say, if you don't use your abilities for a certain amount of time, then your skills and/or attributes degrade. that would make more sense to me. that way if you didn't work to maintain your character, then you would rightfully lose your status.

it seems to me that if someone is willing to work hard to be the best, even if it only means having a greater EMU than anyone else in game, they should be able to achieve that goal, and work to keep it.

this is only my opinion of course.

Ok I vote Absolutely No. I don't really see why this is needed. I have been working on a fighter character for some time now. I am not high level by any means, because I cannot dedicate an insane amount of time to it. I completely understand that there will always be players that can extinguish me. and I am very happy with that.

orly753415.jpg

Since 27th of november and until now:

-bash-2.05b$ cat pk.log|grep -i Belroe
Sat Dec  8 20:34:16 2007 Belroe killed Ant_6.
Sat Dec  8 20:34:47 2007 laudantes killed Belroe.

So you PKed an ant and got PKed a few seconds later. That's your whole PK activity in the last 3 weeks (possibly more, didn't feel like digging through older logs).

Since 27th of november and until now:

-bash-2.05b$ cat pk.log|grep -i Belroe
Sat Dec  8 20:34:16 2007 Belroe killed Ant_6.
Sat Dec  8 20:34:47 2007 laudantes killed Belroe.

So you PKed an ant and got PKed a few seconds later. That's your whole PK activity in the last 3 weeks (possibly more, didn't feel like digging through older logs).

can you blame him? hes more of a :wub: than a B)

:devlish: for the owl

I would hate to think that It's possible that someone like Myself, could possibly get to the point that I could successfully take out someone who has dedicated an enormous amount of time, (say a year and a half or more), to reach the top, and then even more time to maintain his position, suddenly find out that another character who does the same for a few months could possibly defeat them.
ROFLMFAO

You alone have no hope of taking out a person who's put in 2 or 3 times the time you have in a/d training. Cap or no cap.

Another PK n00b who has no idea.

I will probably stick with the game if this happens, but I really don't want to be forced to change to another profession in game because I have reached full potential as a fighter.

Lolz, u will play 5 more years and maybe u will be in the halfway to reach the "full potential" as a fighter.

48p/c is not the only thing that makes a fighter :devlish:

48p/c is 88 pickpoints so if u dont fight at all but only afk-harvest vegetables on Isla Prima u can get that pretty fast with neg perks ( anti+ph+icd+godless+scotty+hs+gelly is 45 pps so u need only oa 43 ;p ).

Do u seriously think that such an account with full 48p/c could at any rate compete not even with top10 or top50 but top200 fighters with the 48 attribute cap? I asure u it could not, the difference would be still very big B)

mp