silver bars, maybe diamonds and maybe other metals bars

(so precious items in real can have some value in game too

... gold here worth less of the dung)

Hard to find how to spend platinum coins and why people

should use it.

Atm I can suggest high level books and the Tanta's special

items (brod, bod, etc) only.

Edit: I add platinum coins to found a guild, like in the past

or useful to build the cities in the future EL...

Edited by Blodoks

Platinium Coins has been here before. And they were removed around yr 2004-2005. You were able to exchange coins in Taverns in rate of 1 : 1000 or 1: 10 000 (I don't remember that clearly) For today, 1:1000 would be nice.

Platinium Coins has been here before. And they were removed around yr 2004-2005. You were able to exchange coins in Taverns in rate of 1 : 1000 or 1: 10 000 (I don't remember that clearly) For today, 1:1000 would be nice.

That exchange would be fine, however nowadays its 1100gc for buying 1 platinum and 900gc for selling one, which means 200gc difference on 1 coin, if it was i.e. 100 coins, its 20kgc and that awful.

That exchange would be fine, however nowadays its 1100gc for buying 1 platinum and 900gc for selling one, which means 200gc difference on 1 coin, if it was i.e. 100 coins, its 20kgc and that awful.

The reason the exchange rate is the way it is, the plan had been to have some things bought by plats only, and some monsters sometimes dropping a plat. Having an exchange rate like that simulates money changers fees and also encourages people to keep any plats they got as plats or trade them to other players.

The reason the exchange rate is the way it is, the plan had been to have some things bought by plats only, and some monsters sometimes dropping a plat. Having an exchange rate like that simulates money changers fees and also encourages people to keep any plats they got as plats or trade them to other players.

Ermmm.. Am I missing something? Do we already have platinium coins in game and I didn't know about that?

... the plan had been to have some things bought by plats only...

Exactly what I wrote before.

We can stay without plats if it is useful just to pay insted of gc... and we save a slot :D

Ermmm.. Am I missing something? Do we already have platinium coins in game and I didn't know about that?

Yes, just go to any tavern and click on "exchange coins" in the NPC's dialogue.

The coins are useless right now and you will lose money by changing them back to gold coins, but they are in game.

Piper

OMG, such a shame. :| I really didn't noticed that... Phew, I hate my 'super ideas'... :/ Sorry.

Lol, Megy, I thought you knew that!! I thought you meant to put them to USE again, the plats never realy left :lipssealed: Just became useless..

Jez

How about making the platinum coins a useful item unto themselves? A platinum coin and an EME makes a coin of coordination which raises your coord 2 points only while the coin is actually equipped. A platinum coin and an EFE gives you a coin of phy. By equipping a few different coins you could affect your stats slightly but at the expense of taking up a slot for equipping yourself.

Edited by Jon Finch

That's a pretty nifty idea Jon, with a big enough risk since it may mean removing your shield or boots and losing some armor for the coin.

Personally, if the coins do gain a use, some kind of store that sells non-manufacturable rare items in exchange for plats only could be neat, with a price range of 5 plats -> 200 plats

Have monsters drop plats sometimes, they will eventually start being traded and actually used.

Agreed.

~kGn

As long as there are also things that can only be bought with Plats, otherwise the only thing that would do is add gc to the economy.

Learner posted some reasoning behind exchange rates, but they are still unused. I think the exchange rate should be made 1: 1k, fixed , they would really be convenient to use

Learner posted some reasoning behind exchange rates, but they are still unused. I think the exchange rate should be made 1: 1k, fixed , they would really be convenient to use

Without a cost associated with converting to & from Plats, there would be no reason to use Plats as any form of money at all. You might as well just use gc. Bu having a cost, that encourages people to keep the Plats as plats, but still gives them the option of conversion to gc.

Have monsters drop plats sometimes, they will eventually start being traded and actually used.

Agreed.

~kGn

As long as there are also things that can only be bought with Plats, otherwise the only thing that would do is add gc to the economy.

Then make all armours & weapons from here on only purchasable with plats, and let monsters drop them sometimes (D chim and up?)

Without a cost associated with converting to & from Plats, there would be no reason to use Plats as any form of money at all. You might as well just use gc. Bu having a cost, that encourages people to keep the Plats as plats, but still gives them the option of conversion to gc.

There are different types of coins/notes IRL, and it adds convenience. You may force people using platinum coins, by adding EMU for coins, for example 1/50 emu for each coin. Also, wraith could take plats only for perks, for example

just make it so we can all make millions of gc every day, plats will be useful then - omgwtfunk serps ftw!11

Small idea people will hate...

Irillion will only take Plat coins as currency