Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Invasion 10/13/2007

1. There are invasions all over c1 and c2 now so if you going to go afk do it somewhere safe!!
I consider an inside storage safe, but viewing that screeny there was an invasion inside the storage. So actually there is no real safe place ;)
Traditionally, inside builds has always been safe. I don't know if that's written down anywhere (official) but as a newb I was often told that if an invasion came get inside a building to be safe.

I usually figured that included caves too, but that was invalidated by an invasion specifically to kill all the cinnabar harvesters in Glacmor some months back.

Portal rooms aren't safe either anymore.

And now it looks like an inside storage can be a target too.

From a role-play perspective I can see invasions anywhere outside and in most caves. But somehow I have trouble believing a giant is going to walk up to storage, open the door, drop down on all fours, and crawl inside. ;)

1. There are invasions all over c1 and c2 now so if you going to go afk do it somewhere safe!!

I consider an inside storage safe, but viewing that screeny there was an invasion inside the storage. So actually there is no real safe place ;)

Isla Prima is usually safe place. Have you heard of that map? It is on c1.

So everytime you go afk you go to IP? ;)

I think there was a quote once by my good friend Derin that says:

Errr.... to be able to go afk is not a key element to this game.

Yea ok, it's not a 'key element', but being able to go afk safely is much less stressable. If someone calls you and you leave in a hurry you need to close EL first, blablabla instead of staying afk at storage, so if someone pm's you, you can still read the messages etc.

You can buy them from the bots usually, the price is around 16K or so.

As for AFKIng, you should not AFK for more than 10 minutes, and log out if you plan to do so.

I consider an inside storage safe, but viewing that screeny there was an invasion inside the storage. So actually there is no real safe place :wub:
Traditionally, inside builds has always been safe. I don't know if that's written down anywhere (official) but as a newb I was often told that if an invasion came get inside a building to be safe.

I usually figured that included caves too, but that was invalidated by an invasion specifically to kill all the cinnabar harvesters in Glacmor some months back.

Portal rooms aren't safe either anymore.

And now it looks like an inside storage can be a target too.

From a role-play perspective I can see invasions anywhere outside and in most caves. But somehow I have trouble believing a giant is going to walk up to storage, open the door, drop down on all fours, and crawl inside. ;)

errrm since a god summoned it he did not need to get on his hands and knees and crawl in....but in the interests of making the role play work....maybe he ate a mushroom and shrank....OR he could have lifted the roof off and climbed inside....then again he COULD have dug a tunnel and entered through the floor??

Seriously folks....its a game....if I wanted everything to make sense I would play Real Life for a while :D

Edit type fae is at my comp again *burns sage*

Edited by WolfWitch

Seriously folks....its a game....if I wanted everything to make sense I would play Real Life for a while :wub:

As if the real life always makes sense ;)

Seriously folks....its a game....if I wanted everything to make sense I would play Real Life for a while :wub:

As if the real life always makes sense :D

I can show you how it does :D Just sign over your soul to me and send me £5k in unmarked bills ;)

As for AFKIng, you should not AFK for more than 10 minutes, and log out if you plan to do so.
I'd do that if I didn't have to be logged on at :00 to reset the hourly harvest. If you got 120/hour anytime during that hour (no matter when you connected) then I'd gladly log out if I had something to do for a while. But the game mechanics force me to stay logged in so that I'll be connected when the next hour rolls over so that I can get harvest experience when I return to the computer. Edited by bkc56

But the game mechanics force me to stay logged in so that I'll be connected when the next hour rolls over so that I can get harvest experience when I return to the computer.

Game mechanics are forcing you to make a choice: safety or harvest exp even though you weren't actually here. Last I looked, the entire game is about choices, not getting it all handed to you on a silver platter. Strategy yet again...which is more important to you? Safety or harvest exp?

It has been believed for a long time that inside buildings were safe. Well they are not. not a problem. If you want safe, you go afk on IP or you just log off.

But when i log of i don't know if there is an invasion, so if i log inside a storage like in the screenie i will be killed on sight.

It's all a game and i don't care about where the invasions are. it was well announced, "portal room out of order" irsis storage invaded. But plz. make us be aware when not logged, that an invasion is going on. there already has been several ppl. who got killed as soon as they logged in. even at a storage. Just a short line in forums or main EL page would be enough and easy to check before logging.

Well odds are pretty good if you pick a little house somewhere off the beaten path and log off in it, or even afk in it, you won't get caught in an invasion. Caves have been invaded both by the automated ones and the mod run events for quite a while now, so that shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. But logging off in a public busy place is probably just asking for invasion trouble (like schools and storages). And of course if you are active, you should see the advance warnings.

I'm a big fan of being AFK so i feel for u peoples, but there's an easy, logical solution; if you want to sit around AFK harvesting for exp, dont wear anything expensive, incl. rosto... just some fruit/vege in your inv... same with logging in, when u log out put everything in storage... then if u log in and die straight away; no biggie.

I did not particpate. I wonder where all you people get rostos. I find it hard to even get one while mining. :hehe:

C2_Trader is usually my source for invasion rostos :devlish:

I'd do that if I didn't have to be logged on at :00 to reset the hourly harvest. If you got 120/hour anytime during that hour (no matter when you connected) then I'd gladly log out if I had something to do for a while. But the game mechanics force me to stay logged in so that I'll be connected when the next hour rolls over so that I can get harvest experience when I return to the computer.

Harvest cloaks are cheap, no?

I'd do that if I didn't have to be logged on at :00 to reset the hourly harvest. If you got 120/hour anytime during that hour (no matter when you connected) then I'd gladly log out if I had something to do for a while. But the game mechanics force me to stay logged in so that I'll be connected when the next hour rolls over so that I can get harvest experience when I return to the computer.

Harvest cloaks are cheap, no?

He need to be online when the new hour starts to get xp.

Harvest cloaks don't help if you are not online when the hour change.

Invasions like this are what make EL the game that it is....

If the game were totally predictable, then it would not be worth playing..

As for going afk/logging in in the middle of an invasion - that is a part of the risk. If you are carrying over ~25k in value - always carry a rost. Then you are protected - whether you overdose on the mushrooms, accidentaly wander onto PK - or login in the middle of an invasion. A rost is the best form of insurance in EL - use them!

Invasions like this are what make EL the game that it is....

If the game were totally predictable, then it would not be worth playing..

As for going afk/logging in in the middle of an invasion - that is a part of the risk. If you are carrying over ~25k in value - always carry a rost. Then you are protected - whether you overdose on the mushrooms, accidentaly wander onto PK - or login in the middle of an invasion. A rost is the best form of insurance in EL - use them!

I agree, I always try to have a rost on me, if not I'm naked or have stuff I can afford to lose on me :hehe: