Eternal Lands Official Forums
Garnoo

PKing

How do you prefer to PK?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to PK?

• As it is now (people kill others and get drops or not)
    • No Drops (you kill someone and you get no drop but you don't drop anything either)
    • Other (please explain)

Theres more reasons not to PK that there is to PK.. If you havn't noticed already, why bother wasting time sitting in KF fior a hiur to have one person run past to try and get some Mercury.

1. PK Fights (IF they happen, are ~30 seconds).

2. Going further into the above, with all these weapons and the Summoning Stones, it makes PK boring as hell.

3. PK is based on whoever has the most people training there account, or person who spends the most $$. And please don't say it's not because it is, unless your talking about DP arena which is just Newbies to the game.

4. Cooldown. (As said many times.)

5. Rosto. (As said befor.)

6. Reasons to PK? There are non, apart from .1 PK point which dosn't do much.

7. People ask for 'No Drop Days' thats also a massive waste of GC.

8. NMT Cape not breakable giving people chances to train on Monsters which are too high for there levels.

9. From above, it also allows people to boost to a stupid amount of P/C.. Now 120c is nothing. And train or pwn anyone who steps into a PK map, making it boring for the people ~70s to PK, and to have fun.

10. If someone can't train they cry about it until it gets fixed, or something is done about it, when they should just go and 'make' some PK.

11. People make so many allies in game to make them stronger for PK, when all that shit does is make them have even less people to PK on the PK map, and they sit and moan about it.

12. And final point, there is no DonPedro, Scarr or others who litterally sat in KF all day, and then there was fights.

Thats really my opinion, and it wont be liked, but PK is never ever going to change back to what it used to be, or ever close. And it someone says I know fuck all about PK'ing, I done it hardcore style for about 6 months. And would say I made alot of PK because of it.

I play this game a little more then a year now, I'm not a fighter but on nodrops day i go into PK-maps for the fun, and believe me if i have ~5k xp its been a really good day for me LOL.

But, and i don't think i understand what Entropy realy means, I would like a day of Anarchy, with some limits.

1) no fighting on IP

2) no brodding/branching

3) no drops

4) no fighting near storages or inside buildings/caves etc. or portal room

Further all maps are open to fight and anymal/monsters still drop (or if that is to hard to program they even don't)

I think make this part of the nodrops day would be great too, because going into kf I get owned often by several ppl who all by them selfs would own me anyway, and indeed a fight lasts 30 sec max.

So either 6hr of anarchy or nodrops day with like 2-3 hours of anarchy because we all know that the high lvl fighters will own a lot of far lower lvl ppl instead of picking some of there own strength

Several people have commented that it seems folks would rather train than PK. Part of that is simply because if you aren't very strong you won't last long on a PK map.

I wonder if people would PK more if they couldn't train? For example (sort of a limited peace day):

Day of fighting

Today you can only attack other players. You can not attack animals or monsters.

I doubt it's worth the effort to implement, but it would be fun to watch.

Still, it will be interesting to see if anyone follows up on Entropy's request (pick a day and DO it) or if the commuity response is limited to posts on this and other threads.

Theres more reasons not to PK that there is to PK.. If you havn't noticed already, why bother wasting time sitting in KF fior a hiur to have one person run past to try and get some Mercury.

1. PK Fights (IF they happen, are ~30 seconds).

2. Going further into the above, with all these weapons and the Summoning Stones, it makes PK boring as hell.

3. PK is based on whoever has the most people training there account, or person who spends the most $$. And please don't say it's not because it is, unless your talking about DP arena which is just Newbies to the game.

4. Cooldown. (As said many times.)

5. Rosto. (As said befor.)

6. Reasons to PK? There are non, apart from .1 PK point which dosn't do much.

7. People ask for 'No Drop Days' thats also a massive waste of GC.

8. NMT Cape not breakable giving people chances to train on Monsters which are too high for there levels.

9. From above, it also allows people to boost to a stupid amount of P/C.. Now 120c is nothing. And train or pwn anyone who steps into a PK map, making it boring for the people ~70s to PK, and to have fun.

10. If someone can't train they cry about it until it gets fixed, or something is done about it, when they should just go and 'make' some PK.

11. People make so many allies in game to make them stronger for PK, when all that shit does is make them have even less people to PK on the PK map, and they sit and moan about it.

12. And final point, there is no DonPedro, Scarr or others who litterally sat in KF all day, and then there was fights.

Thats really my opinion, and it wont be liked, but PK is never ever going to change back to what it used to be, or ever close. And it someone says I know fuck all about PK'ing, I done it hardcore style for about 6 months. And would say I made alot of PK because of it.

Agreed :).

Omg.. i see ppl hating me so badly allready...

i dunno if it ever got suggested but... why not having a exp cap for a/d training per el day?

like the hour limitation of Harvest.. just that fighting would have a limitation per EL day..

EXAMPLE: if a + d = 1.5M EXP then no more exp for the rest of el day.. dunno what to do about

the sun tzu day tho didnt thought of that..

i mean after they dont get exp anymore they may go pking? o,0

*hears the stampede rolling onto him*

ARGH!!! it was just a mere SUGGESTION!! >_<

However, the 40% drop rate that currently exists might be a bit high. Or maybe not...

Its 50%, careful guy brings it to 40%

no one should be forced to PK, something some fighters actually avoid

&

Why make another day where EVERYONE is forced to fight? This is truely not fair to mixers... sad.gif

(Points out the 800lb gorilla)

The point is this:

Why are there plenty of people to complain about pk, and less in actual pk maps? :omg:

The point you all missed is not a "Day" forced or invoke by the game system, but a day or time

people collectively agree to actually pk.

One side argues for a less complex pk system

"I want it old style, no rost etc"

Bam and its made, a full map of it. People reply,

"Omg there are chims that can kill me TOO there :cry: "

I forgot a pk map should be somehow safe? :)

Now we get again, List of whines

1. whine 1
  2. whine 2
  3. whine ∞

The truth is, its fun for me when I live and my opponent runs or dies. I don't care if its

hurling rocks whilst I sport a bucket on my head. :laugh:

As a developer, I would lose my mind if I had to listen to this bitch fest everyday.

I think half of the issue is impatient kids who dart from one thing or another and will never be "pleased" with

anything

Well, its just my opinion :P

beep,

robo

That day must be implemented. Some people must die that day 10000 times. I hope that will make them stop crying for rostos and stop saying all the usual excuses. :)

Edited by agis29

As I understand what ent suggested was that some pker can say on the forums at a certain time there will be a "brawl" per se at a certain place. people could reply saying that they will be there, and everyone would know that there would be people who want to pk at a certain place at a certain time. It would be completely community-based, and no updates to the game added.

As I understand what ent suggested was that some pker can say on the forums at a certain time there will be a "brawl" per se at a certain place. people could reply saying that they will be there, and everyone would know that there would be people who want to pk at a certain place at a certain time. It would be completely community-based , and no updates to the game added.

i think thats exactly the point why it wont work out

Have a planned pk day/no drop day?

As was said before, since there are many maps location would be fixed by this problem, and also the fact that alot of people would be pking could help to... For some of us this is not the problem, thats where the no drop day comes into play.

The server death counter would show a mass difference if we had a no drop day the same day It would help those who don't have the sufficient level to pk well, but they wouldn't lose anything if they gave their best and tried.

IMO :)

Are you just trying to piss me off, or you just don't get it?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to piss you off, I guess I really don't get it.

I will re-read previous posts...

Obviously, some sort of consent from the player must be given for someone else to be able to PK them. And since most of the players do not consent to that, it is not very surprising that there are very few PK matches in the game.

One thing you can do about it (which is totally out of my hands) is to just go and follow my previous advice.

pking is DEAD...is all i will say :) to fix pk i think rost stones need to be removed from the game and el shop (yes bite my head off :laugh: ) i know its never going to happen but pking would be alot better if it was worth it if you add up the total of pots,ess,capes,armors,weps,summons your wasteing atleast 500k+(for armor to pk in and a wep to use and then you have to buy pots ess and etc) to pk for no profit at all. you have a 1/10 chance in el to pk anything. my ponit is ppl need to GROW SOME BALLS and stop useing ros stone mmk? yall so afraid to lose your pixels i mean its just a game? everybody bicths and moans about pking that its dead and there is no profit in it :omg:. i know what i just said is kinda off the topic here but we are all talking about pking so i just thought i would put my imput in on it.

(PS admins/mods dont hurt me please :cry: )