Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dejan

Nexus/removal stones should not be rare.

OK, we have nexus/attribute removal stones in game for a while and I seriously think it is time to do some evaluation. We had a lot of FUD about these at the begining, and before they were introduced, and some players left EL because they felt reach players will take advantage by buying these stones and improving their characters...

As a MMORPG fan I have played many similar games, and I must say I miss ability to get back PPs after reset. One of my favorite MMORPG games, which I still play from time to time is Regnum Online (http://www.regnum.com.ar), a free MMORPG btw. - there player can reset her/his characters every ~30min if there is need, and redistribute PPs as she/he pleases.

Eternal Lands is different, but I see no reason for not having ability explained above in some other way - EL developers can make nexus/attribute/perk removal stones LESS rare, and by that affordable to all at some decent price, so when one player wants to reset, he simply spends few kgcs, buys 20-30 of needed stones and gets important PPs back, and redistributes them according to her/his will.

IMHO this will make this game MUCH MORE playable and fun!

Edited by Dejan

OK, we have nexus/attribute removal stones in game for a while and I seriously think it is time to do some evaluation. We had a lot of FUD about these at the begining, and before they were introduced, and some players left EL because they felt reach players will take advantage by buying these stones and improving their characters...

As a MMORPG fan I have played many similar games, and I must say I miss ability to get back PPs after reset. One of my favorite MMORPG games, which I still play from time to time is Regnum Online (http://www.regnum.com.ar), a free MMORPG btw. - there player can reset her/his characters every ~30min if there is need, and redistribute PPs as she/he pleases.

Eternal Lands is different, but I see no reason for not having ability explained above in some other way - EL developers can make nexus/attribute/perk removal stones LESS rare, and by that affordable to all at some decent price, so when one player wants to reset, he simply spends few kgcs, buys 20-30 of needed stones and gets important PPs back, and redistributes them according to her/his will.

IMHO this will make this game MUCH MORE playable and fun!

1) rear developer forum of regnum online, it isnt game feature, its possible bc 1. there was some bugs with distributing pps, 2. developers changed skills a lot in last months (and no, it isnt same like in EL)

2) if you make nexus stones less rare, top10 oa players still buy all of em, just for lower price

3) about stats stones, idc how rare they're

P.S: #edit - got answer :-)

Edited by Marwen

1- If Entropy wanted the stones to be common, he wouldn't have made them rare. It was done so very purposefully.

2- You miss the ability to get PP's back after reset?? #reset is still there.

3- In your opinion it may be, but quite frankly, your opinion is NOT what Entropy and Roja take into consideration when they make game development decisions. There is no point in telling Ent that his decision needs to be re-thought because the game would be better if it was different. EL *IS* different. It does not need to try to be like all the run of the mill games out there. The community is HERE instead of THERE for reasons.

4- quite simply, if you want so much to play a game so much like those others, go play them.

I think this topic should go into Suggestions forum.

I also think Dejan has the right to say what he thinks about removal stones, as Entropy has the right to ignore Dejan's opinion :)

Personnaly I like it how it is currently.

P.S: can I ask little personal question, who the ******* ****** ****** you're? bc I readed a lot of you topics and comments and it looks like you havent any idea about this game, just bitching, and I personaly think you're totaly wrong in 99% of all ideas/comments you post on this forum

Lol.. I had fun reading this. :P

Marwen/TooMass.. This is asking for trouble. But, I am not going to start it. Just know, that people who said things like this have lured out many flame wars before. Telling people they don't know the game when they simply state their opinion.

Btw, there's a special reason why this would cause trouble. The topic is well-known. But I don't think I need to state it here. :o

-Blee

P.S. Leave the stones as they are, they're fine, nothing bad to em.

Marwen thinks he's superior to everyone since he got toomass' char. Too bad some people can't handle power :o

But I can follow dejan's idea but I don't think it will fit in EL because it would get too easy putting all pp from p/c to nexus to make stuff and put them back to fight.

who the ******* ****** ****** you're?

He just never got given a free strong character and feels a need to post on every topic "I play toomass in game and I think that ..." as if your (non-trained) levels give you weight in a forum argument. Dejan has been playing longer than you im sure, and knows many aspects of game better than you. Not everyone is looking at EL development from a top 10 fighter perspective.

EG

If stones were less rare, the basic cost of a pick point would be hydro bars. Since hydro bars are hard to get, i don't see that as problem.

And the whole 'if stones would be cheaper then only top players would buy, but for lower price' is nonsense to me. Maybe they are only ones able to afford it right now? Affordable stones for the masses!!

And about the ad hominen stuff: its just lame. People should discuss the substance of the proposals (or opinions), rather than discussing or appealing by the person who proposed something or stated an opinion.

Edited by Lorck

I like Dejan's idea, but I do not know the factors of EL, so I dont have much of a basis to stand on. I like how you can now become rich because of just one nexus stone (350-550k).

But I also wouldn't mind seeing them less rare but not as valuable.

Just my 2 cents.

:o

I do not want to answer some replies to my post (Shallara's reply comes first to my mind) because people obviously totally misunderstood the whole idea (or did not carefully read my text), so there is no point in arguing...

Marwen touched an interesting topic with

2) if you make nexus stones less rare, top10 oa players still buy all of em, just for lower price
but again, pure logic, economics and math will say that if my idea comes to truth and stones i discuss become less rare, than it would be insane for reach people to buy them all, right!? Why would someone waste money for something one does not need (ie. 100 will removal stones).

Excuse me, but weren't you one of the most vocal critics of the whole removal stones idea? Saying how the evil rich irl people and how the game will be destroyed and so on?

Attribute stones don't give you the option of increasing pp. Only nexus stones. If attribute stones are really common, I see no reason why that would change anything.

Attribute stones don't give you the option of increasing pp. Only nexus stones. If attribute stones are really common, I see no reason why that would change anything.

Yep, i would like to see attribute removal stones more common... but i like the hydro bars for nexus system so keep nexus removal stones rare.

Nexus selection dictates your skills and imo should be expensive or require #reset to change (as they are/do now). Attributes are a part of your strategy for your chosen skill(s), they dont dictate the skills you can do, and imo should be easier to change. Just my 2 cents.

Some people contacted me to ask if they cna buy them from the shop (the attribute stones, not the nexus).

So I guess I will sell a limited amount to each player, for a few days (they will not be available from the shop outside that few days interval).

Then I will also make them slightly less rare.

So how about finishing the stones with perk removals and remove #reset (maybe with a transitional period where #reset can be used only below oa 40). If you can shape your builds that way, currently hardly used PK perks like fatal man, self-destruct, glow in the dark, may get more usage.

Excuse me, but weren't you one of the most vocal critics of the whole removal stones idea? Saying how the evil rich irl people and how the game will be destroyed and so on?

Yes Radu, and I admit I made a terrible mistake. I admit I was totally wrong. More/less my opinion was built upon suggestions from discussions with my friends who were paranoic about the stones, and at that time their suspicious "sounded" legitimate to me. Now when I think with my head, and when I formed opinion by myself I think those stones should be made less rare and available to everyone at cheap price (~1kgc i guess would be fine).

I understand some people who bought these stones for million gcs would probably be against this, and I understand them, but that is life - you never know what will happen.

I don't think it will fit in EL because it would get too easy putting all pp from p/c to nexus to make stuff and put them back to fight.

Agreed...you'd see people with 1.2k emu and 6 inorganic, then they'd reset, change their human nexus to 10(arti cloak) and their artificial to 6, Put everything else into Will(more XP) make something, then change their stats again, 6 human, rest into P/C and go pking. Then they'd reset again, get 80 will, and go read a book in 15 minutes....The possibilities are endless...

@Dejan

Ok, now I hope that next time I am going to make a change, you will actually wait and see how it affects the game, not just jump to "omg, he wants to ruin his game". :D

Anyway, I'll make a poll, see what the people think about it.

I agree with dejan, in fact i also play regnum online and I was annoyed in EL because of my negative perks, and i didnt't reset because of the losses of attributes etc...

In regnum online you can reset your points, so you can try out if you are ok with the points you distributed or you prefer using them in another way.

Even with this reset thing the game is still balanced.