Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

Harvest Medallion statistics

:icon4: Another harvester medallion gone, only lasted not quite 2 harvest cycles, and only 320 gold coin, still no blessings. Maybe I am just an unlucky person, but think not. Anyways will try again sometime while I still have a few left in storage, and hopefully can post a more positive reply to the medallion :)

Tested another harvester medallion mostly Yarrow, some rubies:

'Benefits':

Blessings: 5500, 6850, 3470; total: 15820

Bags of Gold: 160, 150, 60, 130; total: 500

Other events:

total 34

(2 pickaxes, 3 walls, 4 radon pouches, 9 p'offed MNs, 9 Telenexi, 5 bees, 2 'stopped harvest')

I've had mine from January 25th to February 10th.

I was wearing it all the time (harvested all kinds of things, from red snaps to turqoise and seridium ore)

Total gain: 20180 exp

1160 coins

Considering that i make them myself, they are worth it 100% :confused:

Well I made my first harvester med today and decided to test it out.

Result - 20 cinnabar harved, bag of 120gc immediately followed by MN deciding to break it.

Not a very good return on all the work that went into making it imo. Just glad I didn't pay for it, at least I got the alch, harv and craft xp from making it myself.

I still have my first med.

Total:

11056 harv exp bless (2 blesses)

9670 gold (lot of bags)

1 broken pick ;)

2 broken leather gloves

harvested about 30k of flowers, 5k silver, 3k sulfur so far

I've just managed to break my first harvester medalion. Sorry for lack of accurate information, I didn't keep track of everything, but I've got 10800 exp and 1030 gc before it broke.

Nice when comparing to other's results, but still not worth it imho.

Edited by Lotheneil

I have learned that my fundamental assumption was invalid. Harvest Medallions were never intended to be break-even, so collecting statistics to show they aren't is an unfruitful exercise. Sorry for wasting everyone's time because of my error in understanding.

Ey, this is a good day to test the harvester medallion, I will post stats when it breaks.

kk, heres the results for my harvester med:

1 blessing...

...broke

MN.jpg

Thats bad saying that was my second event wearing the medallion.

1. Portal

2. Blessing a break

lasted:

w/ a excav cloak

340 Tree mush (True: 170)

120 Rue (True: 60)

40 Yarrow (True: 20)

Total true 250 harvests

Time spent harvesting with it: barely 15 minutes.

GC spent on it: 8k

Worth of positive events: 1 blessing of 5400 (x3 16200).

Edited by The_Knight

Made 250k exp on the last 3x harvest exp day. 3 blessings, 2 of which were for 6900 (so i got like 18-19k exp?) and one for 5k (so i got 15k?)

hasn't broken yet! harvested for 8 hours strait

If medallions were not intended to be a fair return then they must have been made as a money sink. They seem to not be a fair return at all and the 3% break rate makes them a mediocre money sink if you want to be kind. Most people who use harvesting medallions either get them by making them or get them from friends for much less than market price. I have read the entire thread and if you want lots of people to sink money into harvester medallions you will have to reduce the break rate. No one in RICH will buy them and I think Ghrae's seeing one per day in his limited time harvesting is because he harvests around the same people and they probably have a non-purchased medallion most of the time.

I rarely see the 10x blessings even in crowds and I do not expect to see them going forward. Everyone who actually pays for them will use them on 3x harvest days only and so they will barely be purchased. Some people will try to buy them and get by with just flowers and only during the harvest times but again this is a very limited usage. You not see them not being used but the number of people who actually buy them I believe is going to drop below where they are profitable to the makers due to lack of demand. Halve the break rate and you will see a lot more people willing to risk buying them even though they know they can break without giving anything. Don't reduce the break rate and only crafters and their friends will use them except on 3x harvest days. Want fair value then fix them. Want a money sink then fix them. Want an item that is used by more than a select few then fix them.

TirunCollimdus

Moneysink? Huh? Where did you get that idea from? You can't take any money from the game with them. Or add money to the game, for that matter.

If medallions were not intended to be a fair return then they must have been made as a money sink.

Money sinks are things that take money out of the game. Examples are the weekly lottery, and the GWIS invasion warning system.

Harvest medallions just re-distribute some gc (or if you do it all yourself absorb some time). So they are not a money sink.

The question/problem is: are they worth the time/gc it takes to make/get them. If the ROI (Return On Investment) is worth it, then people will use them, which is good for the crafters, harvesters and the game in general. If the ROI is not worth it (which is my concern if they are not defined as at least break-even) then they will slowly fall into disuse, which isn't as good for the game.

If medallions aren't "profitable" at current prices, we can expect market price to drop.

If prices drop, meds may be considred "profitable" by players when purchased at lower price (market stablizes at that price)

If meds are still not "profitable" at cost of ingredients, then no one makes them unless they want the experience ("loss" is cost of experience)

I've said before and I'll say again - I think BKC's experiment in collecting data is extremely useful and worthwhile. I wish to thank this player personally for having started this thread and even spent gc getting hard numbers.

Based on what I've read, I will either not purchase a med at all or may buy one to try on special day only. Other items in game give a better ROI :hiya: (IMHO)

I like them. I have only had one and it lasted about 400 harvests with out any bonuses. I will buy more and of course I would like a lower break rate but maybe 2.5% would be more appropriate as it already only breaks if there is a harvesting stopping event.

I have seen people using them and continue to see people using them. They are a gamble so long as there is a break rate even having a .1% chance means that each time you go to use a new one and get an event it might break. You are gambling that you will get xp and gc for what you spent.

As a suggestion, please consider having a day where the medalions don't break either the combat day ie you are fighting mother nature or maybe some other day.

Umm, I realized that I made a mistake.

I said that the experience bonus can be obtained even after the first 120 harvests of the hour.

Well, today I was going through the harvest code to add the special effects, and realized that this isn't true, the exp bonus would be given only during the first 120 harvests. So sorry about that, and try to use the medallion only during the first 120 harvests to minimize the chance of it breaking.

...the exp bonus would be given only during the first 120 harvests.

Thank you for the clarification.

Umm, I realized that I made a mistake.

I said that the experience bonus can be obtained even after the first 120 harvests of the hour.

Well, today I was going through the harvest code to add the special effects, and realized that this isn't true, the exp bonus would be given only during the first 120 harvests. So sorry about that, and try to use the medallion only during the first 120 harvests to minimize the chance of it breaking.

Ouch, i should have paid more attantion to that :D

If i had done that i wouldn't brake so many (luckely i make them myself and the xp for the ing's is welcome :) )

But now i know that i will pay more attantion and see what will come out if it, i only started tracking on them after i broke 4 already, but i know of ppl who i borrowed some who didn't really get the advantage of wearing.

Rest of the time i wil wear another med wich seems to prevent me from events. ;)

ps.

i realize that this is only for the blessings, the gc's go also bejond the 120 harvests

I got silly, made and tried 2 harvester medallions. I had them for a grand total of 18 rl hours. In this time I gathered about 400 silver and 800 sapphires. I got 1 blessing for about 3380 xps, and 1 gold for 170 gc off the other. I got nothing from the other one.

Seems like the break rate needs adjusting still to me.