Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

Harvest Medallion statistics

Same for me i broke 2 meds within 2 hours time gaining only once a money gain of 80 gc. I do think the med is very good and handy just that it seems way to often to break. And especially a break after a teleport nexus i think is rather redicilous mother nature destroying after queen hops in or a cavernwall collapse on the med i can still think of a sort of story but tele nexus...

i think it still needs some fine tuning!

You broke 5 meds in 3 hours?? And paid 80K for them??

No, on 3x day i broke 5 , and the day before that i broke 3 , i payed 10k each........

Edited by mufossa

Cabbages go for 1k each

The bar is 6k each, not including extra for taking the chance that you could lose ingredients while making the bar.

And that's even the crafting part of it yet.

You are still paying too much for them. The ingredients cost is much lower (~5K). So some crafters are making a 100% profit.

Red herring argument. The current market price and if it's to high or low is not the key issue at hand. As Ghrae points out the Medallion value is probably at least 6K based on ingredients (I understand the C2 NPC sells a Seridium bar for 7K).

What's important here is if the medallion is worth even the lowest reasonable medallion cost. Based on the statistics posted here, it's not. The fact that some people paid a current market rate of 10K (or even 12K) for a medallion with an ingredient cost of 6K or so just makes the loss more painful for them.

Djinn lost 2 medallions gaining only a 80gc. That makes the medallions "worth" 40gc each (well, actually only 36 since the blessing was 10x of 8gc).

Mrs_ice lost 2 with about 500gc. That's a "value" of 250 per medallion.

LadyReni, 1 medallion with 0gc.

I think the trend is clear.

Granted, we're probably not hearing from any of the people who DO break-even or have a net-gain (one doesn't tend to post if everything is working great). But we're hearing from far to many people with a net-loss to think the typical case might be anything close break-even. And if the medallion is going to be widely used, the typical case would need to be net-gain.

Edit: posted while I was typing:

I think they go for less than that, possibly 750 or so.

I'll assume you dropped a zero in there (ment 7500) since you can't even get one matter conglomerate for 750gc.

Edited by bkc56

I'll assume you dropped a zero in there (ment 7500) since you can't even get one matter conglomerate for 750gc.

Har har, u r s0 sm4r+!

Actually, LabRat told me his bot was selling them for 700 today (and other players confirmed).

Har har, u r s0 sm4r+!

Actually, LabRat told me his bot was selling them for 700 today (and other players confirmed).

Ahh, I see. I'm talking about the cost of the medallion (6K or so) and you're talking about the cost of a single matter conglomerate (700gc).

But even with MC's costing 700, you're still looking at a medallion value of say 4.3K (adding in the other ingredients). That's fine. That's still a net loss to the people in this thread who have reported how fast they broke in actual use.

Well, that's what I said the value of the ingredients is around 5K (depending on if you are willing to shop around or not).

Yes, the failures are an issue, so let's assume a 7K ingredients cost, including the failures for a top 50 crafter.

Buying them for 10K is, IMHO, too much, but then again, we have a free market here, so if they sell for 12K it means there is a demand for them. If people didn't like them too much, they would sell for 7-8K, no?

If people didn't like them too much, they would sell for 7-8K, no?

Yes exactly!!! And that's where it's headed.

When the harvest medallion first came out they were selling for 12K (at least that's the highest value I heard of). As people realized how easy they break the prices started to fall. Just after the drop to a 3% break rate the price was around 10K (as some in this thread reported). From what I hear from people currently trying to sell, they are no longer selling at 10K so the price has fallen even more.

I don't know if they're down to 7K yet, but the prices are falling as people (like those represented in this thread) stop buying and supply exceeds demand. Perhaps someone who monitors the market channel could post the current prices (not asking prices, but what they're actually selling for).

It will of course take a few more weeks for everything to stabilize. At that point we could see how much they're being used and what the market value has adjusted to.

I agree with bkc56, even if they would only cost 4-5kgc, they are still not worth to use. I already quited using them, but it's sad to have an item ingame with such a good idea that is just crap atm because of breaking rate.

One harvester medallion lasted me through

3 Pick axes

3 bags of gold (110, 200, 100gc)

6 Walls

5 pissed off Mother Nature

1 Radon pouch

(broke with the last wall)

I was going to edit my last post when my med finally broke, which it just did, but I can't get that page to load :/ So here is my blessings and such from the one med I received as a gift.

I didn't keep track of any events except xp blessings and gc.

2 gc events

total = 250gc

7 xp blessings

total 33,880 xp

This particular med did well in my opinion. Much better than my last one. I still won't pay gc to buy another. I will make the ingreds myself and have a crafter mix it.

OK, I've got through this entire thread and counted all the medallion breaks and what sort of gold/experience they got (I ignored any that were identified as breaking before the drop to 3%). This is based on a medallion value of 7K and and experience value of 3-5exp/gc. Here's the results:

1 net-gain (Ghrae's used during a 3x harvest experience #day)

4 break-even (one of mine, CelticLady's, the_piper's, and Ignoble's)

29 net-loss (everyone else)

The conclusion based on the above numbers would seem to be pretty obvious.

As more people post I'll edit the above stats (stats through and including Mrs_Ice's post).

Edited by bkc56

A lot of people who are happy with it won't post here, of course.

Of course, but i am not willing to kick 7-8k gc in the bucket every 2-8 hours to buy new meds for just geting a somehow reliable statistics. Wasted 3-4 meds, got nearly nothing.

What do the server logs say, if you have any about blessings/gc's gotten from the harv med, radu? That would be then a more reliable statistics than our postings here.

Piper

We don't have specific stats for everything, this being one of the cases where we don't know much (although the stats do include how many were created and how many broke).

ok,

here are my experiences with 2 meds i made after the 3% change

1st Med - this lasted a long time straight after the server reboot - got me 750gc and a 2.5k blessing

2nd med - broke on the very first event when picking flowers :P

Personally I feel there are too many events that dont give anything except a chance to break it - I will not be making any more for myself but i will make some for others if asked

That presupposes that there are "a lot" of happy people, of course. It's a well known behavior that satisfied people are not as vocal as unsatisfied. Personally, I have yet to find anyone who thinks the medallions are well balanced and will continue to use them. I'm not saying they aren't out there, just that I have yet to hear one speak up.

(although the stats do include how many were created and how many broke).

You know, all this speculation about if they are "good" or not would be done if we could analyze the daily or weekly stats from the day they came out till, say, a month from now. If we could get the number in storage that would be even better. Assuming that there's no NPC that buys them, we would then know if their use is increasing (happy people) or decreasing. Of course there would still be some interpretation of the numbers to do, but it would be more statistically accurate than the self-selecting statistics we're getting in this thread.

I'd be willing to to do the work if I could get the filtered raw data (create/break events with time-tags, or just daily/weekly totals plus amounts in storage).

I'm happy with my medallions. I had my first one for close to two weeks, and got a good amount of experience and gold.

My second one I have had for about 4-5 days, and have gotten close to 9k extra exp and a good amount of gold. Still has not broken.

All-in-all, I'll keep buying them :D

No but you can get an idea from the number of large gc finds - and large exp blessing you see others get whilst harvesting.

I personally have only seen 1 person get either of these - and it broke immediately after with the next wall.

Surely if the 'silent majority' were happily harvesting away with these things, then we would see a lot more 'medallion boosted' events in local chat.

I aplaud The_Piper's attempts to bring some numerical analysis to the problem. And he's personally invested a significant amount of gc in the issue himself.

Entropy has a point that we may only be hearing from one side of the issue primarily.

There is another solution to this problem - simply wait and see if Harvester Medallions continue to sell. Eventually the truth will be known by whether they continue to be used.

Some, like Acelon, have had a good experience and will continue to buy. As long as they continue to see positive results they will continue to buy.

Others have had bad experiences and will (or have) stopped buying.

Over a few weeks it should become apparent whether or not harvester medallions continue to sell. Entropy can make a determination if he's happy with the amount being used and then make adjustments if he feels so inclined.

For myself, the people that I know who have tried them have had bad luck and the medallions don't seem even close to worth the gc spent. I haven't bought any medallions and don't intent to. (Sorry Piper - no stats to add to your data base)

I bought one this morning to try it out. Total harvesting time was less than 3 hours, I got about 300 titanium ore & about 400 emeralds & it broke. Blessed by the queen once for 2450 harvesting xp & found gold coins twice for a total of 340 gc.

The thing that gets me is how it broke. I mean breaking by a teleport nexus is bad enough, but mine was broke just because mother nature decided to break it. The message I got said "Mother Nature decided to destroy Cissysauce's Harvester Medallion. Don't you love Mother Nature?"

WTF?! No cavern wall, no radon pouch, not even a tele nexus, she just "decided" to break it LOL.

So this is a NEW harvesting event? I mean they break enough just from tele nexuses. JMO but I think they break waay too often for the price. I will not be buying another one if the break rates and/or prices stay the same that they are. Also, can Mother Nature "decide" to break my Excavator Cape or my CoL?

And BTW no I do NOT love Mother Nature LOL, but I do love the Queen :o