Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Smith

Team Speak in Eternal Lands Or Microphone capabilities

I was thinking, Hey? why can't we talk with a microphone? It would help people interact in a fun way. Also if clans are haveing a big battle with each other players can quickly communicate with each other. Also help trade, so peopel will know what they want or how much an item is. Also cause the chat system is kinda frustrateing for some people.

Please tell me your ideas that may be added to this.

(I searched for microphone stuff also team speak and i did not find one, I apoligize if there is a topic such as this out there)

It seems to me that there are enough tools out there already to do this (yahoo, skype, etc) that it's probably not necessary to create yet-another-VOIP scheme unique to EL. The idea is great, but I think it's best left to existing tools to fulfill.

It seems to me that there are enough tools out there already to do this (yahoo, skype, etc) that it's probably not necessary to create yet-another-VOIP scheme unique to EL. The idea is great, but I think it's best left to existing tools to fulfill.

Yes as I said in the title have eternal lands go into Team Speak. Like make a official room in Teamspeaks server for players to chat and trade. For the clans and groups, yes they can use the available microphone places such as yahoo.

Thank you for saying to bkc56, I forgot to mention that.

Edited by Mr.Smith

This has been suggested before (did a quick search).

It's almost impossible to have voice chat implemented onto EL (imagine all the players voice chatting at the same time.. astronomical bandwidth would be needed).

There are other programs that do this (Team Speak and Skype are the most major ones).

And there's also Xfire. If we can manage to get EL supported (please check my sig) we'll have in-game chat support (this means you and your friends can chat IN-GAME, regardless of what game you all are playing) and voice-chat support (group voice-chat regardless of what game everyone is playing).

edit: and also tracking of how many hours total (and weekly) you've played EL (or any other game).

- Sistema.

Edited by sisteMa`

Just get Skype......

Exactly, or yahoo messenger, and others i'm sure have it too. It's pointless to spend a ton of time doing something you can have with another free program easily.

As I already said, They can use Temspeak and yahoo, All I,m Saying is "Can EL make a section in team speak for players to talk on?" Yes planning would be needed but thats just the general question

Ah, sorry, just read your first post. I didnt' know teamspeak was a standalone program, thought you meant something integrated.

Ah, sorry, just read your first post. I didnt' know teamspeak was a standalone program, thought you meant something integrated.

ehh..you have to pay for team speak, just checked out their website. Yeah..haha, use skype :)

maby ppl can donate for some #el channel :/

^^^^^^ not me ;*)

or maby buy it, and let even people advertise for $$ on ur channel :)

so u get ur money back quikly

Why pay for something that can be done for free?

Skype has a wonderful group chat feature for up to 100 people to chat simultaneoulsy.

Edit: Hmm the Skype web site is worded a little badly.. it is 100 people in an IM chat, maximum 3 people in a voice chat session.

Still - who'd want to talk to you lot anyway :P

Edited by LabRat

xfire I believe already can show up for EL, although I have a virus or something that is specifically targeting xfire for some reason....

my guild THC, uses teamspeak for comunication, its run off of one of our members servers so we dont have to deal with a teamspak server. it is quite nice to talk rather than type.

ehh..you have to pay for team speak, just checked out their website. Yeah..haha, use skype :)

Just to clarify, you do not need to pay anything to use team speak provided you use your own server. If you need a server, then yes you pay.

However, as already stated, even if EL ran the team speak server software on an EL machine, it would be such a huge bandwidth cost.

I think if a guild wanted to do this, they could easily install Skype and make a guild buddy list.

And I believe Skype can do up to 5 ppl in voice chat, a podcast I listen too does this.

There is also the Gizmo Project software, similar to Skype, which allows 10 ppl I believe in one voice chat.

Edited by setec

Better idea is to meet irl and go to drink some be(v)er(age).

I don't see sense in putting any voice protocols in the client.

Hmm, is it possible to talk into your mic and when you talk text is placed for you? for example I say "hello" in the mic, the game writes up "hello" and all you do is press enter and it does it. Mainly use that for some speeches and to communicate quickly. I understand it would be hard to do but would it be possible?

It's a 3rd party program called 'type & speak' and it doesn't work that great. Feel free to buy it though

idd, probly wont work, lots of people who have diff accent(<-english?)