Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ryuu

PK bot, peace day.

It needs to say it in the #day. I haven't been around until just last month and I wasn't aware that PK bots were able to attack on peace day... I subsequently lost a rostogol stone because of this lack of knowledge; it needs to be more apparent.

Is there somewhere where it has all the diffrent types of BOTs and restrictions? Cause it seems to me that rules of BOTing are so confusing. I thought it was against the rules for a PK bot...

Try the bots section.

Although seriously, you got what you deserved, trying to sneak in somewhere you knew you couldn't go.

Does not make sense to me that bots can avoid random days...

Peace day is peace day, if we are allowed to go to a place with say, artic chims, that we cannot usually go to, or not attack the annoying newbs in kf, why should bots be allowed to attack the people on their map?

At least, if they can fight, should say that guild bots are excluded

I highly doubt people paid $300+ so they can be invaded on their guild maps on Peace Day. And seriously, do we have to play the game for you by telling you every single thing that will or can happen? O.o

While we're at it, already asked radu short ingame and he said 'possibly' but.

Agreed that we're not allowed to harm eachother on peace day with spells like poison, mana drain and harm, but I don't seem to be able to heal others with the remote heal spell either.

-Blee

It's because they just disabled all spells with the target as actor.

lol @ hc :*)

Edited by Atlantis

While this strays some from the original topic, healing on peace day is very valuable. Harvesting events still happen. I was unlucky enough to graduate to magic level to allow remote heal coincidentally on peace day and was quite frustrated until someone explained what was happening.

And seriously, do we have to play the game for you by telling you every single thing that will or can happen? O.o

You don't have to tell us everything that will or can happen, but come on, peace day is peace day, there's NO reason to assume bots aren't affected. Indeed, there should be a warning.

You don't have to tell us everything that will or can happen, but come on, peace day is peace day, there's NO reason to assume bots aren't affected. Indeed, there should be a warning.

So when a robber tries to break into your house to steal something, that house should have a warning or it's not valid to arrest him? Or if the power goes out and your alarm system doesn't work, your home is fair game?

Why on earth should you get a warning when you are trying to do something you shouldn't be able to do?

If you are sneaking around trying to get away with something, and did not do your research, you get what you deserve. Just because you make an erroneous assumption, don't go blaming everyone else.

Basically, Aislin/Aislinn/Aisy is trying to say that guild maps should remain private under any circumstances. This includes peace day.

I'm not too convinced with her analogy though, as "your home is fair game?" it's not about it being fair/right or wrong. Its about being opportunistic and making it easier. So you thought that the #peace day blanketed 100% of EL entities? Big misconception.

Btw, all these guard bots have true sight. So invisibility won't work either :P

Edited by MagpieLee

Basically, Aislin/Aislinn/Aisy is trying to say that guild maps should remain private under any circumstances. This includes peace day.

I'm not too convinced with her analogy though, as "your home is fair game?" it's not about it being fair/right or wrong. Its about being opportunistic and making it easier. So you thought that the #peace day blanketed 100% of EL entities? Big misconception.

What's wrong with my analogy? It is basically how guild maps and guard bots were set up. You pay for a home, and you pay to protect it and you expect to be able to do so at all times. It's not a fluke that guard bots are unaffected by Peace Day. It's even in the bot rules that guard bots have the right to have a player log on it to protect their map if their coding is messed up, on the condition they work asap to fix it fast. I am not saying players are breaking any rules by trying to get into a place they normally can't but I am saying that they do KNOW they are trying to get away with something by doing so, hence the analogy.

you analogy is a bit on the extreme side then again most analogies given on the forums tend to be on a polar opposite, and thats why you have guildmates/forums when you say #gm hey everyone lets go harm kill such n such bot!! someone that knows will be like #gm uhhh bots arent affected

Yes it's extreme but it's the principle, not the specifics I am trying to get across.

People paid for certain things, and they get what they paid for at all times.

Opportunistic people who don't do their homework first get what they deserve.

people payed for p2p and then they were banned with no refund dont think they payed for that :P but thats a diff topic all together

and i agree that w hy its always good to ask guildies if anything noticble things or etll them your plans to be funny and pk a bot on peace day

Guest ohmygod

People pay for thermal serps too but they can be broke by Brods. Brods are an ingame item, Special days are in game event, bots should be affected by in game events.

I dont see how paying $ is a 100% garentee of privacy. There should be some chance for enemy guilds to raid your precious map and kick ass of who ever is there. :P

I dont see how paying $ is a 100% garentee of privacy. There should be some chance for enemy guilds to raid your precious map and kick ass of who ever is there. :P

This chance already does exist, peace day or no peace day. If you can find the map then kill the guard bots, you can raid the map :P

I'm wondering how on Peace Day your going to go kill PvP'ers in a Guarded Map anyways, or that, even kill the bot.. The bot has nothing to guard on Peace Days..

So, this is for what reason?