Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Update 1.3 Bug reports

after doing the potion quest on IP, it says i got the exp. after the quest, but nothing under name.
this and the alch XP for bones to gold will be fixed shortly, I'll just make it not log anything that's nameless

after doing the potion quest on IP, it says i got the exp. after the quest, but nothing under name.
this and the alch XP for bones to gold will be fixed shortly, I'll just make it not log anything that's nameless

Or give it then name 'Miscellaneous'?

"You sucessfully created 1 Miscellaneous"... nah. it's counting what you make, not where all your XP came from

Beehive ends up under "ore" in storage. Suggest: flowers or misc.

may be intentional, but seems odd... when in the grahms summon arena, my critters attack each other (done foxes and snakes there so far). they have the guild tag and all, but still attack each other. I'd have thought they only attacked other peoples' summons

This has always been like this for summon areas, otherwise someone coming to summon say 200 rats would clog up the whole area very quickly. All summons attack everything to prevent this :D

I would class this as a bug:

If you start the client but do not go to the login screen for your defined #afk_time, the screen will show you going AFK even though you have not logged in.

I cannot recall if this has been mentioned (and search is not working for me), but the door to the Naralik Magic School flickers/disappears depending on viewing angle.

I would class this as a bug:

If you start the client but do not go to the login screen for your defined #afk_time, the screen will show you going AFK even though you have not logged in.

minor bug, easy to fix :evilgrin: and done.

"You sucessfully created 1 Miscellaneous"... nah. it's counting what you make, not where all your XP came from

I thought you meant in the sessions statistics window. Of course "You created 1 miscellaneous" would be absurd :P

Some people can't see the "thing" to go to Roanof Island.

I've been there, it worked for me, doing all things needed.

Then i've tried to show a friend how to proceed.

He can't see nothing, even in the right coords...

And he can't see me, even if i'm close to him, all around the secret place to go to Roanof.

Same thing for another friend (old pc W2K).

Sorry for being allusive, i don't know if i can tell more here, as it's secret game...

Tell me if more infos are required (maybe old video card pb ?).

Some people can't see the "thing" to go to Roanof Island.

I've been there, it worked for me, doing all things needed.

Then i've tried to show a friend how to proceed.

He can't see nothing, even in the right coords...

And he can't see me, even if i'm close to him, all around the secret place to go to Roanof.

Same thing for another friend (old pc W2K).

Sorry for being allusive, i don't know if i can tell more here, as it's secret game...

Tell me if more infos are required (maybe old video card pb ?).

by the sound of it your friend still has the old maps. I would suggest a reinstall of the full version of the game. And yes, I do know the "thing", I was the first player to reach Roanof using it :P

TY Labrat for the tips.

I'll tell if it works.

And i saw your post about being the first player in Roanof.

Gratz :P

Arius

36x317, can stand in rock

84x274 (both), 124x260, 126x347 towers flickers, 2 different textures depending on zoom lvl. I did not check the other towers

the "can't initialise sound (null)" bug should now be fixed in CVS (see CVS log for details)

#cls is still b0rked in latest CVS (a shot of about 10 minutes previous to this post).

See a screenie here

After the above happened, it would produce random lines of characters (all rubish) and then crash and produce the following error to stdout:

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x000000000290aea0 ***

#cls is still b0rked in latest CVS (a shot of about 10 minutes previous to this post).
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x000000000290aea0 ***

aroo? there's only 2 places those lines are free()d, one is the cleanup for exit (so not the culprit) and the other is in the changes to #cls I made, but that's inside an if() that should not be able to be re-entered for that message until it's refilled

plus the pointers are all set to 0 (now NULL, which is the same to the code), so each message should be the same... I can only hope that the recent reports of problems with CVS have given you a old version or something. can you check if your text.c matches the following?

void clear_display_text_buffer ()
{
int i;
for (i = 0; i < DISPLAY_TEXT_BUFFER_SIZE; ++i){
	if (display_text_buffer[i].data && display_text_buffer[i].data[0] &&
			!display_text_buffer[i].deleted){
		display_text_buffer[i].data[0]= '\0';
		free(display_text_buffer[i].data);
	}
	display_text_buffer[i].deleted= 1;
	display_text_buffer[i].len= 0;
	display_text_buffer[i].data= NULL;
}

buffer_full= 0;
console_msg_nr= 0;
console_msg_offset= 0;
last_message= -1;
last_server_message_time= cur_time;
total_nr_lines= 0;

clear_console();
if(use_windowed_chat == 2){
	clear_chat_wins();
}
}

No, my text.c didn't say that (one line difference; display_text_buffer.data = NULL) and a `cvs up -dPCA` wouldn't do it either.

Manually adding your code above fixes it, though.

meh

No, my text.c didn't say that (one line difference; display_text_buffer.data = NULL) and a `cvs up -dPCA` wouldn't do it either.

phew. I'm off the hook :P (I copy'n'pasted that from http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/elc/elc/text.c so CVS does have the correct code in it... it just seems not to be giving it to all people trying to cvs up. meh indeed)

phew. I'm off the hook :P (I copy'n'pasted that from http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/elc/elc/text.c so CVS does have the correct code in it... it just seems not to be giving it to all people trying to cvs up. meh indeed)

Earlier today when I tried to check CVS, it was down, it reported they had a disk full.

I've wasn't able to `cvs up -dPCA text.c` either (reported incorrect password for the anonymous account o,0); hence the reason I had to manually edit the code.