Eternal Lands Official Forums
WizzKidd

Visual display of all bufs?

should Stats / Skills modifiers be more visible?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should things such as increase in coordination,physique,attack,defense be more visible in the client for battle purposes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont Care

Hi all,

I think I have a new idea (not yet posted afaik). I would love to see a visual representation of any bufs that I have. For example, when I drink a coord pot, there should be some display on the screen showing that I am buffed by 5 coord, then 4, then 3, etc. This would be extremley helpful as it's a real pain to open the stats window when I am fighting to monitor my bufs.

Maybe this could just be added in the same area as say the Shield Spell buf display??

This isn't a video game, I think it would spoil the flavor to have that information so easily available!

Then what is our health doing at the bottom of the screen :P

Edited by Atlantis

Then what is our health doing at the bottom of the screen :P

It's a compromise, some information is needed, but not 'every single buf'.

bufs? is that the new slang term for attribute boosts? :P

I think "buff" means anything "extra" (like pots/spells/etc) that can increase yours combat performance, like shield spell do.

LOL, in other mmorpgs "buff me please" is the equivalent to the classic "heal me please" in EL. :P:dry:

________

It would be really nice if your buff spells (shield, mag imunity, etc) start to blink or get a different color when near the end of the time of that spell, so you know you have to re-cast it. The wizard know when the magic force around him start to wane. :):D

Edited by Lorck

Maybe you could be able to toggle between Skills and Attributes on the side counter thingy above the clock?

That would be cool.. Also, sorry for the word Bufs.. it's used in WOW.. I used to play when it was in beta.. then I came here :P when beta ended and they wanted money.

This isn't a video game, I think it would spoil the flavor to have that information so easily available!

In thinking more about this, I realize that just about every MMO I have played has had visial representation of timed stat increase / decrease. EL is no exception, you have one for poision, one for shield, all the users skills can be displayed on the side bar (and they dont even change that often at higher levles). It seems to me that having the status of something that enhances your performance clearly visible is really desirable.

Just for curiosity, I have created a poll.. What's everyone think about this idea?

In thinking more about this, I realize that just about every MMO I have played has had visial representation of timed stat increase / decrease. EL is no exception, you have one for poision, one for shield, all the users skills can be displayed on the side bar (and they dont even change that often at higher levles). It seems to me that having the status of something that enhances your performance clearly visible is really desirable.

Just for curiosity, I have created a poll.. What's everyone think about this idea?

True every game shows it, so I don't see why el shouldn't do it :)

yes, would be helpful.

dont not implement it just because other games do, ruining this game to make it different is stupid.

Ctrl-A.

Shift window so only part is open on your screen.

Watch as your potion enhanced "buffs" decrease.

No extra programming. Information is already there for you.

yeah, but either you leave it up all the time (which does not look right no matter where I put the window) or you have to remember to check it.

Hey, I just thought it was an obvious thing that would make the UI nicer. Seems like the devs don't much like the idea. Is it because it would be dificult to implement?

Is it because it would be dificult to implement?

First of all, I haven't delved into the programming for EL, but I don't think it would difficult at all.

I think it's a matter of not making the game mechanical. There's a reason why many formulas and numbers are not posted. Like creature a/d/p/c levels.

The more we allow the game to be played simply for efficiency and math (tracking of numbers and forumals), the less we actually play. If I told you that the optimal experience gained for fighting was to fight tigers at a/d 50/50 with p/c 20/25, what fun is it to find out? To bet your friends that you can gain xp faster? etc.

I don't think you mean to, but incrementally these type changes lead us down the path where we just push one button and it plays itself based on calculations and formulas and optimal paths that we have developed.

You know a "buff" lasts 5 minutes. Just click your clock after drinking it. Look at the time. 5 minutes later you better drink again :D

thats a good suggest ghrae but when your fighting/pking/training your paying attention to your hp/enemys around you.. and if you drink buf potions during pking and its a long fight you dont really have time to click the clock after every potion you drink.. maybe have an option to have only att. and skills like with ctrl + a but a shurnk/smaller box without cross and nexus so it doesnt take up 2/5th of the screen

I voted yes. note that it doesn't have to be the number, just an icon like poison or sheild would work. you might not know how much is left at a glance, you have to ctrl+a to check, but you'll know when it runs out

I voted yes. note that it doesn't have to be the number, just an icon like poison or sheild would work. you might not know how much is left at a glance, you have to ctrl+a to check, but you'll know when it runs out

I Agree.. that would alsol work nicely.

Actually I do really like this idea.

hmm, i think in anarchy online they used a kind of aura effect. ie a colored, transparent shell that rested over the person when a buff was in effect. that and other particle effects. like say with poison you have falling green droplets around the person, and so on...

Kinda off-topic, kinda not: would be nice to have some "AFK" icon in that corner as well... :)

Hi all,

I think I have a new idea (not yet posted afaik). I would love to see a visual representation of any bufs that I have. For example, when I drink a coord pot, there should be some display on the screen showing that I am buffed by 5 coord, then 4, then 3, etc. This would be extremley helpful as it's a real pain to open the stats window when I am fighting to monitor my bufs.

Maybe this could just be added in the same area as say the Shield Spell buf display??

HuH wizkidd have a good kind of himself :ph34r:

NIce NIce :sneaky:

HuH wizkidd have a good kind of himself :ph34r:

NIce NIce :P

not sure what this means?? Can anyone decipher it?