Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dipi

Invances limits

Well i suggest to implement a kind of limit where a invance can't be activated (even by Radu) if there was one of that level in the past mmmm 16-20 hours.

Why do i suggest this? Coz i'm pissed off.

[Dipi @ 120200]: was there invance today?

[usl @ 120200]: I don't believe so

[PM from AlddrA: not the 120-200 yet]

[Dipi @ 6]: what about +120 invance?

[slash @ 6]: was one this morning?

[patpatshow @ 6]: yeah there was

[patpatshow @ 6]: was there an 80 invance today?

[Acelon @ 6]: 60-80 yes

[patpatshow @ 6]: ive missed it for a week straight -.-

[nathanstenzel @ 6]: how about an 80-100 invance?

[radu @ 6]: kk

Special invasion, Save Iscalrith. People between 80-100 a/d that want to participate please report to Ilie in the MM Battle Hall no later than 20 minutes from now.

[Dipi @ 6]: didnt we have 80-100 3 hours ago?

Indeed, the 80-100 happened twice just because someone asked for it after i asked for 120+, even when the last 80-100 was 3 hours ago:

When i logged in:

Game Time: 05:48:53

There are 74 invaded monsters left.

[PM to mercator: invance]

[PM from mercator: Got Last Special Invance 20 Minute warning on Game Date: 19-11-0028]

[PM from mercator: Invancelevel in this Waring was : 100-120]

[PM from mercator: That Incance Started 43 Minutes ago.]

[PM from mercator: Hope you like this Service of Mercator]

After the second invance started:

[PM to mercator: invance]

[PM from mercator: Got Last Special Invance 20 Minute warning on Game Date: 19-11-0028]

[PM from mercator: Invancelevel in this Waring was : 80-100]

[PM from mercator: That Incance Started 13 Minutes ago.]

[PM from mercator: Hope you like this Service of Mercator]

Game Time: 00:29:21

I know "life aint fair" and all that shit... but implementing this kind of limit would make it a bit more fair.

Other restriction that comes to my mind would be that they can't be implemented if the current day is Sun Tzu... once the 100-120 invance was activated during this day, when it finished all the other levels wanted their invance... the answer was "no invance in Sun Tzu"... even when there was one an hour before that answer.

Regards.

Dipi.

Feel free to flame me all you want.

Edited by dipi

Reasonable suggestion.

The minimum interval between invances should be slightly shorter or shlightly longer than 24 hours. Otherwise they would always hit the same timezone.

How about a minimum of 15 hours, and no start after 4:00 gametime, so people cant get one to run into new day and turn the new day into Tzu, thus breaking the "no invances on Tzu" (not hypothetical, this has been done).

With a 15 hour separation, there could be invances started on a regular schedule at 0:30 and 3:30, this would allow people to plan for them, and it could be easily automated as well, taking away the favoritism and whining that happens now.

Even if a day was skipped because it was peace or Tzu (maybe others too), the deparation between invances would still be 21 hours.

If we really don't want people getting 2x XP in an invance on sun tzu - could the 2x just not be applied on invances instead? This seems better to me than just not allowing it, assuming it's easy enough to code.

Edited by Quesar

randomizing what invance gets run but at the 2 set times like maxi suggested would probably be best. not everyone can just drop what they are doing each hour that your invance might be run but it wouldn't be unreasonable to figure out when 0:00 and 3:30 game time would be for your rl and come by the computer to check if your number came up or not. is there a way that could insure that 2 of the same lvl invances wouldn't be run back to back?

Randomizing would suck for people who go to "less used invances", ie, not 120200 or 6080, they could get it at time when they can't make team for it.

Randomizing would suck for people who go to "less used invances", ie, not 120200 or 6080, they could get it at time when they can't make team for it.

Ramdomizing is the best solution for everyone

I realy dont bewlive that every invance result should be win. Players may lose aswell.

so if theres not enought ppl when invance is triggered, well, it happens, lets no cry about it.

Ramdom Suggestion:

IF last invance triger <= 24h

trigger probability = 0

IF last invance triger >= 24h

when last invance triger < 30 "trigering on same ingame day last invance occured"

trigger probability = 25%

when last invance triger < 36 "trigering one ingame day after last invance occured"

trigger probability = 50%

when last invance triger < 42 "trigering two ingame day after last invance occured"

trigger probability = 75%

when last invance triger < 48 "trigering three ingame day after last invance occured"

trigger probability = 100%

If we act like spoiled children, we won't get anything at all.

Yeah except not everyone's acting like spoiled children, some people are offering well considered ideas for resolving the situation.

just an suggestion /mercator invance 100-120

shows when last invance in the area 100-120 was done. Same for all other invances. as mercator stores invances messages after the begin and end level of announced invances.

That way a check can be done if an invance may be done or not. it is at elast better then asking in channel 6 when last invance in an area was done without radu having to change anything about the gamecode. Just an understanding between all game moderators who can start invances that there has to be this or that time in between them.

To save all the hassel of certain invances being run more than others & people missing out on joining invances, surely it would make sense to inplement a cool down period...you can not enter until x amount of hours has passed.

With that in place, 60-80s or 120+ can be run several times a day & everyone gets a chance to join in no matter what your time zone is & of course no items can be used to lower the cool down period.

I know this idea has been mention'd before & to me would solve alot of the issues that have arisen since the invances were introduced into game.